test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best way to get Temporal elite marks for casual player?

stupidborgstupidborg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hi, I play STO off and on. I would like to work on getting Temporal gear, but I need elite marks to get them. What is the best way for a casual player with basically just very rare Mk XII non-rep space and ground gear to get the elite marks.

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    stupidborg wrote: »
    Hi, I play STO off and on. I would like to work on getting Temporal gear, but I need elite marks to get them. What is the best way for a casual player with basically just very rare Mk XII non-rep space and ground gear to get the elite marks.

You can convert 100 marks into one elite mark every 20 hours. Otherwise participation in the badlands battle zone.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    The Badlands battle zone near DS9 is the best way. You might blow up a bit but you'll get your marks.
  • Options
    stupidborgstupidborg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Okay, thanks. Is the Badlands pretty active? Does it also reward regular Temporal marks?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Okay, thanks. Is the Badlands pretty active? Does it also reward regular Temporal marks?

I haven't been there in awhile so I don't know how active it is or when the most active times are. Weekends are a good bet and North American weeknights after 5 PM Eastern time.

It's like the Undine Battle Zone - regular marks including daily bonus, plus elite marks for completing a cycle. You can also get Terran marks and elite marks if you want.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User

Badlands awards Temporal OR Delta for each capture point, if you want, and both elite mark sets if all three starbases are down (three is hard, but people tend to cluster up in an instance as it gets closer to ticking over, so you can get one, probably two, for certain).
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    MINE 24/7, the rest seems to be a major waste of time.
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User

Badlands awards Temporal OR Delta for each capture point, if you want, and both elite mark sets if all three starbases are down (three is hard, but people tend to cluster up in an instance as it gets closer to ticking over, so you can get one, probably two, for certain).

Temporal OR Terran.

Unless they've added Delta in the last few weeks.
  • Options
    narxes081206narxes081206 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Been playing badlands recently with good success. Had teams of around 10 players.
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    MINE Elite 24/7 and daily Red Alerts.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Badlands battle zone is crazy rewarding. You need to be present almost start to finish at any of the control points to get credit, but credit will give you your choice of taskforce or temporal marks (and trigger the daily bonus). Fighting the 3 bases nets you one of each types of elite marks for each base driven off (3+3). The final shoot-em-up gives you your choice of an elite mark of either type. 7 for a full run. After a couple of days farming there I had more elite marks than I knew what to do with and needed to wait a bit for my normal marks to catch up :).
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Doh, Terran, sorry. Delta is from the Kobali ground zone.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Badlands BZ is active enough to earn those easily.