test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about alliance as a Romulan player

sparkbibosparkbibo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Hey All

I am new to the game (About 2 weeks) so I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Just got my Romulan toon to level 10 and did the quest to report to New Rom. The lady there made me choose an allegiance between SF and KDF. I chose SF. Then I reported to the Buy a new ship NPC and they had Rom and SF ships available there.

So my question, Had I chosen KDF as my ally, would the ship reqri npc offer Rom and KDF ships?

Also, does it matter which Ally I take? As a SF ally, can I go to SF places like Earth Space Dock? etc etc?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    As a Romulan, you can choose between Rom ships or your alliance ships (Fed/Kdf) up until tier 4. After that you can only get Romulan or cross-faction ships .... or the non-faction alien ships from events and the Lobi store. Having a bunch of Romulan toons in each faction myself, I suggest you just stick with Romulan ships all the way, at least on your first toon. That way you learn and practice with the unique characteristics of Romulan ships instead of getting good at flying Fed ships, only to be forced to learn Rom ships anyway once you hit lvl 40.

Besides having the New Romulus command center, you will also have access to all faction areas, such as Earth Space Dock, Starfleet Academy, space station K7 (I think it is) for Fed and Qo'nos/Academy and Genalda station for KDF.

If you so desire, you can also double dip on DOFFs. Every four days you can hit the console at New Rom command center and do the missions to get more DOFFS, then you can also hit the Academy on Qo'nos or Earth and do the missions to get DOFFs there also. It's a quick way to fill up your DOFF roster.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    You'd get the choice of your ally as well as Romulan ships as you level, but the endgame level ships (tier 5/6) are limited to Romulan/cross-faction ships so it's not that big a deal. SF has better access to science vessels which can be useful when you open up Admiralty later on.

Choice of ally determines which NPCs you interact with, the early/mid game story missions you get once you complete the Romulan unique missions and which hub worlds and bases you can visit (SF allies can visit ESD etc).
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you! Appreciate the replies.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Three reasons many players choose KDF are:

- The low-level KDF ships like the Vandal destroyer which includes the "Plasmonic Leech" console that is popular in endgame ship builds. But you can buy this console (on PC at least) in the exchange for a reasonable price. But to balance this, you can instead choose some federation Science ships while you level up, and these will help you complete Admiralty system missions at endgame.
    - Orion bikini squad for your away team
    - Marauding missions in the Duty Officer system give good rewards like contraband. Starfleet's Diplomacy missions have nothing similar.

None of this is a reason to start over, and you can always create a second Romulan later if you want to replay the story or pick a different captain type.
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Are you asking which one is more preferred: fed-rom or fed-rom? The answer is self-explanatory. Unless you are a fan of lengthy grinds in a dead faction.
  • Options
    I was just asking the differences, really. And if it affected ship availability while leveling etc.

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    All my Rom's are basically aligned to Fed, I never really cared much for KDF besides wanting a Gorn toon, I do wish there was a Fed Gorn though.
    arionisa wrote: »
    As a Romulan, you can choose between Rom ships or your alliance ships (Fed/Kdf) up until tier 4.
    Huh? I thought it was tier 5.

• Options
    My fleetmates told me today that purchased ships from the C-Store also follow the alliance rule. Mostly. Most of the fed ships you buy can be used by a Romulan/Fed allied toon. I assume the same is true for Rom/KDF.
  • Options
    ksmith420#7383 ksmith420 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Can someone please help me..please..for thr love of god. I just got to the turning point mission for romulans after installing and playing this all morning. Now im stuck. It tells me go to the khitomer conference(im in new romulus where i just got a new ship) but when i beam to my ship the mini map is shrunk with only 1 planet and my ship will barley move..nowhere to go at all..i have gone inbetween planet and ship 100 times trying to figure it out. But alas i am still stuck. Please someone help. What should i do
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    sparkbibo wrote: »
    My fleetmates told me today that purchased ships from the C-Store also follow the alliance rule. Mostly. Most of the fed ships you buy can be used by a Romulan/Fed allied toon. I assume the same is true for Rom/KDF.

Log in with your Romulan captain, go to the C-Store. You'll be allowed to buy lower-level Fed ships but not T6 and possibly not T5. As long as you use your Romulan captain to buy it should be safe to use the C-Store, it will stop you from buying Fed and KDF ships that you can't use.
  • Options
    Please...i want to continue...so bad
  • Options
    Nevermind..took me about 2 houra but i finally found the depart system option..holy TRIBBLE i was flippin
  • Options
    tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Ksmith if you ever truly good and stuck, you can always a] file a support ticket and hope a GM is on or b] use the mini map to exit to sector space and the drop the mission from you mission tab. Yes it sucks to loose the progress but sometimes it beats waiting.
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks for the information. I had read about glitchs that would keep you from doing missions. So really that was my first thought and fear lol..i was like aaah shoot here we go..until i came across the depart system option and that took me awhile to decide to try because i didnt know what it did. Other than that i have yet to see any glitchs or bugs as i read in reviews and i also really enjoy the ground play and outlay of the planets(also reported as crappy in reviews) i am a big fan of star trek..so maybe thats it. I know i cant put the controller down lol
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, bugs happen. I ran into a bug doing the Federation tutorial a couple of years ago. Basically there was no way to open a gate to progress to the next section of the map where I need to rescue colonists from the Borg because I needed to open a container to collect some gear, but the container could not be interacted with. I requested help from the GM and switched to another captain. Later when I switched back to the new captain I was able to interact with the container to collect gear which then allowed to activate the gate.