test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NX Refit and 23c gear

organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
Hi guys, I am not an active player and forum user anymore, so I lack some knowledge
I would kindly ask you to help me with.

Can I buy the same Lobi ships twice? I bought the NX Refit (still boxed) and I love the design so much I would buy a second one to make a regular NX ship.

I know I can buy 23c weapons at K-13, can I buy other 23c ship gear somewhere else? I am a sucker for those retro icons.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    You should be able to buy the same lobi ship for different characters. I dont see why not.

Or if you want you can buy me one instead, either way. :p
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    For the 23c gear icons, you can buy or be given white mark 1 or 2 ship gear by creating an extra TOS era captain, and using the shared account bank to give them some money before they leave the 23rd century to go shopping.

For dil you can use the dil exchange to transfer between captains. Place an order to buy zen at a crazy low price like 100 dil per zen, then have your TOS captain cancel the sale and reclaim the dil.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    You can set the NX refit to look like the original NX, by the way - it's an option in the tailor.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Hi guys, I am not an active player and forum user anymore, so I lack some knowledge
    I would kindly ask you to help me with.

Can I buy the same Lobi ships twice? I bought the NX Refit (still boxed) and I love the design so much I would buy a second one to make a regular NX ship.

You can buy all the NX-Refits you want on a single character. Unfortunately, like every other ship, you can only unpack one per character.
    I know I can buy 23c weapons at K-13, can I buy other 23c ship gear somewhere else? I am a sucker for those retro icons.

Thanks for your help!

You talking about blue phasers and whatnot? Temporal Package in the C-Store.

Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User

Thanks for your help!

Various sources:

- Buy the T1 Connie and you get unlimited, markless dual beam arrays. Only rare and not great mods, they level up to Mk XII for free, not a bad starter.

- 23C weapons appear on the exchange. A few months ago there was a thriving trade in items which had been bought at 23C ESD and upgraded - not sure what it's like now.

- Alternatively, create a new 23C alt, have them buy Mk I white items, use your account bank to transfer and then upgrade. A few will go VR/UR or even Epic.
    edited February 2017
    - Alternatively, create a new 23C alt, have them buy Mk I white items, use your account bank to transfer and then upgrade. A few will go VR/UR or even Epic.

Make sure to only upgrade them on the character that will use them. At least the beams and ground weapons become character bound (not account bound) as soon as you upgrade them.

The 23rd C training manuals are character bound from the start.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Hi folks,

thanks for all your answers and your help. The disconnects get worser so I only have a limited time in game.

My plan was to have 2x T6 NXs on the same character, one with the old NX skin and one with the Refit skin. You know for RPG reason and I did not want to change the skin every time. - but that won't work as I now know.

I will think about that 23c gear stuff again. You gave me very good ideas, I thought there would be vendors to get those 23c shields, engines,.. on my 24c character because I can buy 23c weapons on K-19. - maybe I will take the time to make a 23c character and transfer the stuff over to my main one,

Thanks again to everyone!
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    My plan was to have 2x T6 NXs on the same character, one with the old NX skin and one with the Refit skin. You know for RPG reason and I did not want to change the skin every time. - but that won't work as I now know.

Well, you can save a skin setup in the Ship Customizer the same way you can save a costume for a character. You'd still have to go to the ship customizer every time to change skins, but at least you can just click "Load" and get the setup you want without having to set up everything manually.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    23c gear also drop as loot from the Yesterday's War mission The Core of the Matter. I recently got a 23c disruptor beam array and a 23c plasma torp, both white, while months ago got green shield and defelector.
    23c gear also drop as loot from the Yesterday's War mission The Core of the Matter. I recently got a 23c disruptor beam array and a 23c plasma torp, both white, while months ago got green shield and defelector.

That's helpful for getting them without a TOS captain.

Those will be mark XII though -- if a TOS character gets them before leaving the 23rd century you can get mark I - IV with a better chance of reaching very rare or better from the extra level up steps. If you park a character in the past they can also keep supplying more until you get a good result.