test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I don't know why you made the change to overflow bag but its bugged now.

It says when their is obviously not fifty items in overflow bag, you can't do this not even to get a quest reward. Like you have to have your bag empty to do anything. This does need fixing badly. Either make it so can't have more then one hundred items in your bag. Don't make it where it can't be used :(
t

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I do as well. The only thing that goes in there are those Shuttle Pets. Go there automatically. I did get it filled with about 30 items when they dumped Kit Modules out of the Frames. One of my Characters had 14 Frames. I knew this from testing on Tribble so I made room in my Bank and put the extra Frames there. It didn't matter. They unpacked the Frames in the Bank into my Inventory and it overflowed.

Generally though, when the Pets go in there, I usually have to reset the client to have access to the Overflow.

I saw someone post in another Thread that /lootcancel will fix the access.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I never have anything in overflow, if anything ever ends up there I empty it immediately.
    Yeah, that is apparently what the devs want people to do, but some people insist on using it for storage...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I always empty mine immediately if I see it there. Even if I have to restart to get into it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I never have anything in overflow, if anything ever ends up there I empty it immediately.

Same here, I honestly never even thought to use it as additional storage. It's always been buggy in one way or another.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    but some people insist on using it for storage...
    Ever wonder why every so often Cryptic makes changes like this to the overflow bag? There are some people that have found certain "advantages" to having the overflow bag full.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yeah, that is apparently what the devs want people to do, but some people insist on using it for storage...
    If they want people to empty it, they should start by fixing it so it actually opens first.
    Like some people use the Exchange as Storage as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    I've always kept the bag empty, as I find it buggy as hell and a roll of the dice to see if it even opens in the first place, but I DO use it to donate doffs to Fleet projects, I buy a pile from the vendor, open them all and immediately donate. Curious to see if the changes make that no longer work.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Try to empty and keep 10 to 15 items and that worked for me.

It is NOT definitely "50" but more like 15 or so. I did not empty mine completely since I would need lots of extra bank/inventory stuff and played around with the cutoff. You will need to find the sweet spot between 10-20. However, I did file a ticket as well since this is an error from Cryptic.
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    I've always kept the bag empty, as I find it buggy as hell and a roll of the dice to see if it even opens in the first place, but I DO use it to donate doffs to Fleet projects, I buy a pile from the vendor, open them all and immediately donate. Curious to see if the changes make that no longer work.
    I don't know, fleet project investment is not listed in the things limited by having stuff in the bag. It is certainly subject to the limit on how many you can have in the bag before you can't open any more boxes, but that was there before.
  • blackgold74blackgold74 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I like to do the fleet doff investment trick too, but today, I couldn't get more than 4 doffs in an empty overflow bag. It's actually really disappointing that they changed it in the last patch, after giving us that option in the first place, but then to bug it makes it even more irritating.
    edited February 2017
    I like to do the fleet doff investment trick too, but today, I couldn't get more than 4 doffs in an empty overflow bag. It's actually really disappointing that they changed it in the last patch, after giving us that option in the first place, but then to bug it makes it even more irritating.
    So filling up doffs into fleet projects is again turned into an exercise of frustration. Nice job, Cryptic. :disappointed:

Really, we should be able to put the #$%& doffs in the projects straight in their boxes anyway. Having to open them one at a time is a completely needless hassle.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Hey guys,

Lemme know if this is accurate so I can pass it on to QA. It sounds like:

1) You're getting errors as if you have 50 items in your bag when you have less that 50.
    2) You can no longer buy a stack of doffs and immediately donate them to fleet projects. (That one may be working as intended, but I'll check.)

Anything I missed?
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Hey guys,

1) You're getting errors as if you have 50 items in your bag when you have less that 50.
    2) You can no longer buy a stack of doffs and immediately donate them to fleet projects. (That one may be working as intended, but I'll check.)

Anything I missed?

For me I couldn't get rewarded for anything at all since the error I was getting "Overflow bag more than 50 items". Missions, Anniversary game, DOFF, R&D, Admiralty, REP system, etc was not moving at all.

I solved it by removing most items from my overflow bag (I left about 10 or so only) then it worked perfectly. 50 is NOT the cutoff but more like 10 or so. :#
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    edited February 2017
    Hey guys,

Anything I missed?
    I just tested it. While opening doff boxes bought from the fleet starbase (specifically, Fleet Engineering Personnel - Common Quality Duty Officer), I'm now getting the error message "Unable to open reward packs with items in your overflow bag" if even one doff goes in the overflow bag. I don't think it means 50 items, but any items at all. There was nothing in the bag except the one doff.

I can't comment on being able to contribute the one doff from the bag to the fleet project, as the projects were on cooldown. However, since I was unable to unbox the whole stack, it would've been impossible contribute the whole stack either.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Same here, I honestly never even thought to use it as additional storage. It's always been buggy in one way or another.

Same here.

I *did* see it bug out last night, though, when the game said I couldn't collect rewards for turning in Terran Inducers, prompting me to clear inventory space, which I assure you was plenty clear (not to mention the fact that it only rewards Dilithium Ore, so inventory doesn't even play a part in it).

So, the old adage still goes: don't fix it if it ain't broken; and certainly don't break it when it was already fixed. But the beancounters and their metrics probably did the math and realized that, OMG, it was cutting into their inventory space addon tokens sales, and just *had* to be fixed immediately. Meanwhile, the seating on my S'aleth is still horrendeously broken. As is the Tzenkethi Battlezone.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10380713-pc-patch-notes-for-2/2/17

If they were going to do this^^^, then they should have broken the stupid overflow bag down into a popup with tabs for each section. Otherwise, it's going to cr-p out, simply because of the amount of changes to one thing. something's going to get confused.

So, basically if you have anything in the Overflow, you may not be able to get any rewards. :(
    Same story as the Kit Revamp Part Deux. They made Kits Upgradeable but they just had to make them so they didn't store Modules anymore (first Revamp made it so they did).

What resulted? Modules dumped out and in some cases into the Overflow Bag, that of course wouldn't open unless you rebooted the Client. Some Frames got stuck in the Slot, got blacked-out, and you couldn't add Modules or remove the Frame.

They never learn.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tkittehtkitteh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hey guys,

Anything I missed?

Confirmed. Also works for 100
    ... You're getting errors as if you have 100 items in your bag when you have less that 50.

.. Will also confirm there were no stacked items (500 anniversary tokens), or special items (boxes) that could count as multiple items.

.. Also worth pointing out that one of these '50' item limits caused problems with accessing storage, making inventory cleaning harder (save X, get rid of Y)
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    I thought bugs are not to be reported on this forum?
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    I thought bugs are not to be reported on this forum?

They aren't. This isn't a bug thread. It's a Information for Players thread and discussion.
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Hey guys,

Anything I missed?
    The first one is a constant problem now. Can't hardly do anything without getting that error. Really a problem with a time-dependent anniversary event and can't turn-in and complete a daily mission because of the overflow bag not being able to count. I have trimmed down my overflow bag, discarding things I obviously didn't want, and it's now down to a grand total of 19 (but I didn't discard 31 items anyway). Last time I checked, 19 was less than 50. But I can't even move stuff around in my bank to make room for the stuff I do want to keep without getting that error. What sense is it that you can't move stuff in your bank to make room for overflow because you have stuff in overflow?
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    If they want people to empty it, they should start by fixing it so it actually opens first.

/lootcancel

Well it seems there is a difference between people having items go into the Overflow Bag because of some set of circumstances and look to clear it out and those using it as extra storage on a regular basis. I would venture to guess Cryptic made this change for the latter, and as usual mucked it up royally.

Services sale going on right now. Extra Inventory or Bank space on sale for 20% off.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tkittehtkitteh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    ltminns wrote: »
    Services sale going on right now. Extra Inventory or Bank space on sale for 20% off.

-Tin foil hat-

What timing! A services sale timed for a patch which you'll need extra inventory. A patch which intentionally breaks picking up and completing missions. Timed right in the middle of the anniversary ship quest. And wow you may just make it if you start over with a new character cause of this change.

My tin foil hat screems this was timed on purpose, deliberately, intentionally, and maliciously (not the bug, the change).

If it needs to be said, don't reward MMO's for bugs with cash, or this is the level of quality control and abuse you can expect from now on.

irm1963 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »

/lootcancel
    Is what?
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Is how you force the overflow open.