test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outfit Slots and Fleet Projects Delete Option

So we cant delete our outfit slots and Fleet Projects. That's a problem because we cant equip our Reputation Suits if all of our outfit slots are being used, and we cant delete fleet projects, we dont want or slotted by accident. I believe that they should add an option so we can delete those things. Do you agree?

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    So we cant delete our outfit slots and Fleet Projects. That's a problem because we cant equip our Reputation Suits if all of our outfit slots are being used, and we cant delete fleet projects, we dont want or slotted by accident. I believe that they should add an option so we can delete those things. Do you agree?

I don't understand.
    Why not simply overwriting existing uniforms you don't use with reputation outfits? Since you want to delete them, that means you don't want them anymore.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Well yeah, we should have option to delete outfits, if only because there are ways they can get bugged unusable and there is currently no way to be rid of such outfits.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    This topic has been discussed and answered by Cryptic years ago.

I highly suggest using the search function.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @cidjack answered.

In any case, you don't want to delete slots. If you Delete a Slot, you won't get it back. Not saying you could anyway, but slots are usually set up as a one-time-only-gain. Look at Character Slots. Delete one of those and you may not be able to create a toon to replace the one you lost, unless you are at the minimum number for the game.

What you mean to say is "How can I change them?"

As for Fleet Projects, for those of a high enough level/rank in the Fleet system, you'll see two slots per fleet project, not just one. The second project can be changed with any others available for that slot. You can't remove the option for a project, if one has been selected and no others are available to replace it. However, once a project moves to the left slot (the one most people see), they can't be changed, since they are now 'Active' and 'must' be completed to get rid of them. There is no 'canceling' an active assignment.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    In any case, you don't want to delete slots. If you Delete a Slot, you won't get it back. Not saying you could anyway, but slots are usually set up as a one-time-only-gain. Look at Character Slots. Delete one of those and you may not be able to create a toon to replace the one you lost, unless you are at the minimum number for the game.
    Actually I literally do want to delete slots. I have bugged outfit slots on my characters that have been created in space. Outfits in those slots can't be worn anywhere or edited without sacrificing a boff candidate, but do randomly show up in cutscenes and menus. I would very much like to get rid of them. Completely and permanently.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Look at Character Slots. Delete one of those and you may not be able to create a toon to replace the one you lost, unless you are at the minimum number for the game.

Actually, you CAN delete a character and not lose the slot, and then replace with a new one. I've done it several times. Costume slots should work the same way. That being said, yeah, if you're looking to get rid of the costume anyway, just overwrite it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Look at Character Slots. Delete one of those and you may not be able to create a toon to replace the one you lost, unless you are at the minimum number for the game.

Actually, you CAN delete a character and not lose the slot, and then replace with a new one. I've done it several times. Costume slots should work the same way. That being said, yeah, if you're looking to get rid of the costume anyway, just overwrite it.

That doesn't always help. I have a character. KDF, yeah, and changed its costume and appearance. It does show up in its old way on the loading screen and in cutscenes.

What I would like to see is a feature so I can change something on one costume and get it copy pasted to my other outfits. If I want a new face for a character, I have to make it on all its appearances. And I know I can save a character/costume and copy/paste only the costumes, but I find it a cumbersome method.
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    I know you can, but it's up for grabs as to whether it'll can the slot too. *shrug* Maybe they changed it, since I last did it.