test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would be your ultimate wish-list item?

Comments

• wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    true. heh
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    T6 Tholian Recluse <3
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    coolbatman wrote: »
    a laughing trendy doff @epic level

^^ I support this for the full 100%! With leek spin and all. :)

Chance to beam in a ban'leth with security team?
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    kyle223cat wrote: »
    T6 Tholian Recluse <3

On its way already. Wish granted.
  • wargamer01wargamer01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    #1 Rebalance
    #2 A system which made early ships viable in late tier gameplay
    #3 PVP Overhaul
    #4 Graphics Revamp
    #5 Lockboxes vanishing and the ships becoming what they really are $50 unlocks
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    @nikeix
    Please tell me you're not kidding? :o
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    No, they may be one of the next Lockbox /Lobi Store Upgrades to T6. We have had Cardassian, Dominion, and Elachi.

They still need to do Tholian, Ferengi, Temporal, Tal Shiar, Voth, Hirogen, Undine, and Xindi-Amphibious.

Now the Ferengi they already have done as all they have to do is replace the D'Kora with the non-Gold Plated Latium Nagus.

If data miners have seen the T6 Tholians then are likely the next to come.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I have no special knowledge of the order of lock box T5 -> infinity box T6 updates (beyond that the Tal Shiar Adapted ships have already been seen in their new T6 skins and are thus likely part of the next wave). But yes, a T6 Recluse seems pretty certain.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    coolbatman wrote: »
    a laughing trendy doff @epic level

Only a doff? I want one for my bridge crew. :smiley:

Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
    edited February 2017
    shoot. might as well add something to the game, I'd actually find interesting:

Star Trek Steampunk.

Just the browser search, but you'll get the idea in a hurry.
  • graffsandara#2895 graffsandara Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    Phasing Cloaking Device...
    T6 Sovereigns have access to it. Sort of.

0ACD17149D90E5609D142D8B30AACF0204C72669

It wasn't easy to get though, I had to find a supplier to ship me the WizKids model with the code included, then purchase 2 additional ships from C-Store to complete the console set.
    The reason I wanted it, well, just look at Bonus 3 and there is no explanation required. ;)

Wish fulfillment....I guess...
    "Ex Astres Per Aspera"
    "To the Stars, despite adversity"
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Oh, also...

NX-class bridge.

I love the functionality. No frills. No carpets. No froo-froo hippie "make it look pretty and nice" stuff. It was basically one step above a military ship, and I LOVED it.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Why that would have to be a T6 Oberth lol, not to mention a T6 Vesta. :P
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Posted this in the Lobi request thread, but it might be better suited here:

I'd like to see a purchasable token that can be purchased a total of four times, with each purchase decreasing the time it takes a rep project to complete. This would be a per-character service, with each tier decreasing the time by 30%/60%/90%/100%, and would exclude the two most recently released reputations. Price would be up to Cryptic/PWE, but I think 500 zen per tier would be a good number.

What this would do is give us a way to pay to accelerate old reputations, while still requiring us to actually complete them since all it removes is the timegate. Thoughts?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    One more thing: A console that changes my ship's "death" from "explode and respawn" to "disable and resurrect on the spot". I know there is a ship that has this already (the Voth Dreadnought), but that console triggers some weird Voth ship to show up - I'd just want a universal, ship-independent console that does this without any further ado. As a passive.

Likewise, a personal device to achieve something similar on the ground would be nice.

That's a topic of its own, but the topic of death in this Star Trek game needs to be addressed. Why is it that, in a game where "set weapons to stun" is a standard line before every conflict do our characters kill everyone? Why are we blowing ships up left and right when it's standard procedure to disable whenever possible?

I think on the ground, enemies should drop like normal and then have a transporter effect applied when they disappear, reflecting that they've either been taken prisoner or returned to their vessel. In space, a random number should be applied to give a varied result. The vessel can blow up immediately, blow up after a delay with escape pods, be disabled but life support failed and so escape pods, or disabled but survivable thus no escape pods. You should get the full experience regardless, because you have done your job and eliminated the enemy's ability to fight and destroyed their equipment beyond the ability to repair in a timely fashion.

For the player, instead of explosion losing in battle should result in emergency warp-out, with respawning being explained as doing emergency repairs before re-entering battle. It makes a hell of a lot more sense than pretending we all died when our ship exploded and somehow suddenly were un-killed.​​

Eh, I just look at it as every member of the Q Continuum has taken a liking to a specific character and keeps bringing us back. Kind of like a proxy war (similar to Korea or Vietnam) so the two warring factions of the Q Continuum don't go into all out war again.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.

I'd like to see a purchasable token that can be purchased a total of four times, with each purchase decreasing the time it takes a rep project to complete. This would be a per-character service, with each tier decreasing the time by 30%/60%/90%/100%, and would exclude the two most recently released reputations. Price would be up to Cryptic/PWE, but I think 500 zen per tier would be a good number.

What this would do is give us a way to pay to accelerate old reputations, while still requiring us to actually complete them since all it removes is the timegate. Thoughts?
    We already have rep tokens that decrease the time it takes to complete a rep by 50%, from 40 days to 20, its called "sponsorship"

50% is already a hugely generous reduction, there is no way they would cut that down even more.

What I suggested is purely time based, and costs real world money (20 bucks pet character for the biggest benefit), you still have to work for it (by grinding marks), and it helps with Reputations you haven't maxed on any toon yet.

I bring this suggestion purely because the rep system in this game pushes me away literally every single time I come back. I despise it, and as I stated in another thread if I could remove anything it would be the rep system so that it could be replaced with something different. If Cryptic were to do this, I'd spend a lot of money on it AND play a lot more than I do currently, if they don't that's fine too, I'll just stick to what I do now and only log in for new missions while ignoring the reputations altogether. The current system gives them no benefit to their metrics from me because I simply opt out, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Being able to pay for the ability to grind the old reputations through extended play sessions would be far more enjoyable to me than trying to remember to login every single day just to spend 2 minutes clicking a couple buttons.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited February 2017
    What I suggested is purely time based, and costs real world money (20 bucks pet character for the biggest benefit), you still have to work for it (by grinding marks), and it helps with Reputations you haven't maxed on any toon yet.

I bring this suggestion purely because the rep system in this game pushes me away literally every single time I come back. I despise it, and as I stated in another thread if I could remove anything it would be the rep system so that it could be replaced with something different. If Cryptic were to do this, I'd spend a lot of money on it AND play a lot more than I do currently, if they don't that's fine too, I'll just stick to what I do now and only log in for new missions while ignoring the reputations altogether. The current system gives them no benefit to their metrics from me because I simply opt out, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Being able to pay for the ability to grind the old reputations through extended play sessions would be far more enjoyable to me than trying to remember to login every single day just to spend 2 minutes clicking a couple buttons.
    Yes, and what Cryptic already provided IS time based, by doubling the reputation you get from projects, they have reduced the time needed to complete a rep by half.

With the other changes they have made to reps like daily bonus boxes, you can easily get the marks need to complete EVERY rep in the game in like less then 3 weeks or only casual playing.

If something so easy pushes you away, maybe you should consider that MMOs just aren't for you

It's not the marks I have a problem with if you would actually read what I said, it's that I would rather be able to grind everything out without having to worry about making sure I login every 20 hours to click buttons. There's weeks I only get 2 out of 7 days to play anything, meaning it could potentially take 20 weeks, or about 5 months, to complete a rep I haven't done (ie almost every single one). If I could actually put a decent amount of work into my reps in those 2 days, I'd spend more time playing STO and less time playing WoW. I actually like STO more, but enjoy the time I spend playing WoW more because I prefer the way things like rep, gear, loot, dungeons, and raids function over there. Leaving the two most recent reputations out of my suggestion was meant as a compromise between the Cryptic system and what I would enjoy doing in my playtime.

Edit: Basically, with max benefit, this would make it so the "daily" project completed in 5 seconds rather than 20 hours, meaning you could basically run it over and over until out of marks, but you would still need to go get those marks.
    Post edited by evilmark444 on
    eaY7Xxu.png
    ... eject seats ...
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    We have several planets where they are tied to the main story line. Wouldn't it be nice to also have the option of going back just for exploration, or do small tasks / mini missions? It would add more of a Star Trek feel. You could also get items specific to that planet like outfits, ground kits, etc. (like Risa or winter event)
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    The fbb (yomato class) from sfc 1 and 2 aswell as a tng varient.

Would be nice to try to include story lines from other st game to expand the back story
  • dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I'd like fleet provisions from lockboxes to not be bound. Not everyone's in or interested in a fleet and the things are utterly useless wastes of space for those of us in that boat. Let us trade them to people who can use them, like fleet ship modules.
    I'd like them to somehow modify the AFK penalty assignments so that it can differentiate between someone sitting there doing nothing in a Red Alert vs someone who's actively trying to participate, but the DPS jackholes are killing everything before they can even get into the fight.

Yes, it happened to me today. No, I am NOT happy about it.

Things I want in STO:

• kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Id like to command a outposts and be able to upgrade (defences / weapons / buy patrols) then be able to defend it in pvp or npc attacks.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    a

We already have rep tokens that decrease the time it takes to complete a rep by 50%, from 40 days to 20, its called "sponsorship"

50% is already a hugely generous reduction, there is no way they would cut that down even more.

They could add dilithium-based "finish now" buttons like R&D has to all other timers, too.
This discussion has been closed.