test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Call for OPVP reorganization & New Mods

tomparisxtomparisx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2016 in PvP Gameplay
Following today's events It's clear the PVP community feels the current OPVP admins serve their interest.

The summarize a good size of the community feel that:
  • If you are a moderator you should at least play PVP. Currently a lot of us never see these people or even have interactions with them.
  • The "muting" is damaging the already small active PVP community
  • A lot of players have lost faith in the mods recent actions

[Private conversation removed]

The above is a very small snippet.

An entire second channel has also been formed because of the current situation.

When faced with criticism Chromaty decided to mute people rather than "face the music"

If any of the Moderators/Admin/Owners see this then there is only 1 request.

For the sake of the community that is left, Please re-consider and organize the mod structure so that only ACTIVE PVP'ers are in charge. We want our community channel back.

Post edited by jodarkrider on

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. Never even seen any of the mods talk about PVP much less play a role in the community other than enforcer of muting people who talk about topics they do not like.

Someone more useful could be in charge. Saying "this is your last warning" all day serves no purpose IMO.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    My 2 cents. You know I'm not playing PvP actively like in the past, but I always have a look and play some matches or training.

Put an active member of a community as moderator of the same community and you will ensure, someday, problems. Simply because he will never, never and ever be super-partes per se. One of the best decision was this one, to put in charge someone outside the crowd.
    Let me explain this better and why, I guess, they chose this route: if you use to be in a community, you tend to prefer some persons to others, some behaviors to others, that's because we're human beings and we all like to be part of something or tend to think as someone else, when this thing or person is similar to us, for aggregation's sake. Talking hypothetically, looking for the right one is very hard and you cannot be sure he will be the right one who will always do the right thing and keep a mature attitude (a moderator has to be mature, otherwise the game doesn't work). Instead, using, as final solution, the adoption of a guy that doesn't know you and the rest of the group, will better ensure the application of the rules without hesitations and preferences.
    I admit, this may be a bit impersonal, a bit out of context, but it's a good way to handle this kind of commuity. Because, hey, let's be honest for a second, people inside OPvP are "special snowflakes":smile: During the years, how many drama queens, dramas, spontaneous dramas, trollings, trolls, offenses, naming and shaming, blasphemies, support lacks, etc... have happened? Frankly, too much, and too much of them remained unpunished. This was the infinite problem of OPvP in the past. At least now we have a sort of moderation, without compromises. Hate it or Love it, someone says.
    A more important thing would be asking yourself, muted player/s, why you have been muted. Maybe, as always happens in OPvP, you did or said something... "borderline"? Just saying... ;)
    Imho, if someone really doesn't like the new course, he did good creating a new channel, I guess, because nobody forces players to stay in a channel: that's why Cryptic gave us the possibility to open as many channels we want.

LLAP

ps: personally speaking, I don't mind this kind of route. I don't know him, but keep it up the good work, at least we have a sort of "clean-up" :p Just an advice: if you don't, at least warn them before via pm, then mute, you will look more professional
  • Options
    chromatychromaty Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Like I´ve said many times in the opvp channel: We have just a few rules. One of them is to act respectfull against other players, and if you are not able to, then feel free to leave.
    We will not tollerate chats like...

[Private conversation removed]

And there ist nothing more to say.

eng_sig.jpg
  • Options
    tripwire690tripwire690 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Hey guys. Just a heads up. I am a proponent of the moderation of the channel being more transparent and open. We are working on adding how moderation works to the opvp rules here on the forum so everyone is on the same page as to how we go about modding the channel.

Nando is correct. Indifference is very much what makes Chromaty the moderator of choice. Additionally we would like to add another moderator to the channel who preferably PvP's. Someone who will moderate when necessary. When the rules of the channel are violated, personal attacks are repeatedly made even after having been asked to stop flaming, fighting or trolling; or when the comments being made become a noticeable issue negatively affecting the channel in an unreasonable way. Moderation is not meant to play sides or cater to favorites and because of this some hate Chromaty and some love Chromaty. But Chromaty is and will continue to be moderator because it is in this way he has and continues to moderate the channel for the benefit of everyone subscribed. Regardless of whether they are a Full Time, Part Time, or Weekend Pvp player.

FreePvP is also a great idea and the players who created the channel are some of the best you will find in the game. I encourage players to join FreePvP for the same reasons they would join OPvP. To get advice, make teams, setup matches and generally chat pvp. So again, OPvP is looking for a third moderator. Specifically any PvP players who are interested can chat or mail Alkami@u.s.s.bloodmage(Mod), Chromaty@chromaty(Mod), or administrator Trinity@thecylus.

-Captain Alkami-
    Post edited by tripwire690 on
    starfleet_department_of_temporal_investigations_by_gazomg-da64jys.jpg

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • Options
    yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    If you think so how about having OPVP mods start doing so?
    Richard is a guy who is totally unsuitable for the role of a channel operator in the way he acts.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • Options
    usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Dear Feddy Scum,

Keep fighting amongst yourselves. It will be your DOOM, federation! Do you think your pathetic Earth morality will have any place in the Klingon labor camps you are all destined to rot within? Not likely. Instead, you will beg for a quick death in PROPER Klingon.

Be prepared. I am coming for your soulz.

The oVerlord of Ker'rat,

KLINGER
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    I can be a mod. I PvP and I'm not a troll. Haha. Plus I have heals! :D
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    captainhunter05captainhunter05 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    27871570kc.jpg
    27871612ud.png

• Options
    tripwire690tripwire690 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    kyle223cat wrote: »
    I can be a mod. I PvP and I'm not a troll. Haha. Plus I have heals! :D

Very cool Lyle. I like the idea. I think you would make a very good addition.
    yoda2005 wrote: »
    If you think so how about having OPVP mods start doing so?
    Richard is a guy who is totally unsuitable for the role of a channel operator in the way he acts.

Richard has been removed as moderator.
    starfleet_department_of_temporal_investigations_by_gazomg-da64jys.jpg

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    A lot of this sounds like a private issue among several community members and their channel. Please solve this among yourselves and do not post private conversations again.
    Thank you.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    irenvelleirenvelle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @up its not about private issue, there is like 40 active pvp players, 1/3 of them just leave opvp becouse of mod from nowhere start to mute ppl for typical for a pvp channel things, sometimes ppl get salty but pvpers are people as we all. There is also few other pvp channels but not many pvp players decide to join them becouse they dont know about this.
    Mod should have respect of players on channel and basic knowledge about channel topic, imagine a guy on dps channel with mod who dont play pve or have for example 10k dps on main toon.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    irenvelle wrote: »
    Mod should have respect of players on channel and basic knowledge about channel topic, imagine a guy on dps channel with mod who dont play pve or have for example 10k dps on main toon.
    I understand your point, but basically, being just a moderator doesn't include, as definition, the fact to "be good" in the topic of the channel, because his goal, at the end, is to apply the rules, and you could do that regardless in-game experience (f.e. imagine a low dps player famous to be a good IRC mod). Let's say what you mean could help, but that is not required imho. What is really required is the basic respect towards people, generally speaking.
    Anyway, let them select another one at this point, Lyle is a good person for example :smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    irenvelle wrote: »
    @up its not about private issue, there is like 40 active pvp players, 1/3 of them just leave opvp becouse of mod from nowhere start to mute ppl for typical for a pvp channel things, sometimes ppl get salty but pvpers are people as we all. There is also few other pvp channels but not many pvp players decide to join them becouse they dont know about this.

Some could mean, here writes a reasonable player who was expelled from the opvp wrongly.

Irenvelle, you did leave the channel, after a mute (24h) for offending other players. And I don´t care if it was "just a joke", just because you know the affected players. Other do not know that and wondering what´s going on in opvp.
    And you used words, that I can not post here, because the mods here would delete them (like my screenshot) and do maybe ban me for the same reason you did get the mute in the opvp-channel, months ago. (Without any warning!)
    I did warn you, you did keep going on and the result was a 24h mute. Wanna see the screens? I still got them all! ;-)
    And I always refuse to send these screens to the support, except in particularly extreme cases!

To leave the channel was your own decision!
    And if you are not willing to accept a simple and self-evident rule, you have done the pvp community a favor!

This also applies to anyone who offends other players in a way that is unacceptable from a human perspective.
    And to know that, you need neither pvp knowledge or 200k dps.

Post edited by chromaty on
    eng_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ednahax101#5140 ednahax101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    [Post breaking Forum rules removed]
  • Options
    sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    One of the best things about OPVP was the ball busting and trash talking. We logged in to run our keyboards and have some laughs after a few matches. Channel Mods aren't a necessity. People can self moderate in this gave via the mute button.
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • Options
    captainhunter05captainhunter05 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    One of the best things about OPVP was the ball busting and trash talking. We logged in to run our keyboards and have some laughs after a few matches. Channel Mods aren't a necessity. People can self moderate in this gave via the mute button.

JaJa this shizzil is the real pvp
    27871612ud.png

• Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User

I agree.

Also, it's over now as moderators are gone (partially thanks to me and to the wonders of friendly discussion) and I, among many who started the fire, are now unmuted.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    edited March 2017
    And it will end where it started... R.I.P. opvp and thx to Trinity
    eng_sig.jpg