test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

grey tiles in place of LCARS graphic on standard console panels

xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
so, beamed into space station k7 to sell off items I dont need to the vendors, and discovered real fast, that none of the wall panels have their LCARS displays, instead having grey panels..I thought that was odd, so I went to where I know there are standard console display panels..they are missing their LCARS displays and have grey panels too! so..I beamed up, transwarped to ESD....none of the console panels have their LCARS graphics.

the holographic screens on the other hand, are just fine.

screencapped on ESD
30295491154_4bca64ea69_n.jpglcars oops by XRaiderV1.7, on Flickr

screencapped on k7
31002310881_3c2969f91d_n.jpglcars oops 1 by XRaiderV1.7, on Flickr
Murphy's laws:
1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.

Comments

• snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    They work and display fine for me in both locations. But the new LCARS panels are animated. Could your graphics settings be set so low they do not display? Have you tried to verify files? What graphics card are you playing on?

r9IruJO.png
    o54voZP.png

• thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I have the same problem with directx11,greyed out LCARS,set to dx9 the LCARS reappear,could be a Nvidia problem
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    thelata wrote: »
    I have the same problem with directx11,greyed out LCARS,set to dx9 the LCARS reappear,could be a Nvidia problem

My card is a Nvidia GeForce 980 Ti.

Nvidia's cards have less faults when it comes to rendering and processing compared to ATI/AMD so I doubt it.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    I'm getting the same issue too. My graphics settings are maxed out. It happens periodically. Doing a fotce verify does correct it, only until it happens again then I have to force verify again. But I am glad it isn't only me this is happening to.
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    I visited my Sovvy San Francisco bridge last night, to access my account bank and immediately noticed this problem upon beaming on to the bridge. Every single bridge console was blank. Also have an NVidia card here. I'll try running a force verify today, to see if that corrects it.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    methos71 wrote: »
    I visited my Sovvy San Francisco bridge last night, to access my account bank and immediately noticed this problem upon beaming on to the bridge. Every single bridge console was blank. Also have an NVidia card here. I'll try running a force verify today, to see if that corrects it.

I was running force verify prior to launching game as I knew the consoles were most likely going to be blank. Doing this however doesn't correct it. The only way force verify does correct it is only if the consoles are blank after initial launch and then exiting, run force verify then relaunch.

• robertdamonrobertdamon Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Not working for me either. Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 here. Will try force verify later.