stoleviathan999#6673 stoleviathan999 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
Post edited by stoleviathan999#6673 on

Comments

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Ok who do we lynch for this outrage
    angry%2Bmob.jpg
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Wow...

Evidently there was trouble in paradise and she had enough of it.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Rabble Rabble Rabble!

But seriously, and even though she now has no reason to show up here and read this thread any more....

Thanks for your hard work, for putting up with all of us for as long as you did, and for making the STO forums and community a better place to be while you were here.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Aw.....Trendy was awesome! *Sniffle*
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    What a sad day. :( Trendy was awesome! A few weeks back, I made a topic called 'Has PWE finally gone completely mental!?' I should have reserved the title for this moment. Sigh.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    You will be missed Trendy!! We had 2 or 3 good battles!!
    4058756.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    mrw-i-see-the-deadpool-gasp-gif-finally-on-reddit-202174.gif

290101.jpg

re4-pc.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    I wasn't a fan.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Bets of luck in your future endeavours, and thanks for the work you did here.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I wondered how long it would be until she got fed up with PWE and left or got fired because they think it's a stellar idea to shoot the messenger.

I wonder which spineless Yes-Man will replace her to tell PWE what they want to hear.

egjHDuM.png
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Sorry to hear, she was one of the few that actually tried to listen to the player base.

Perhaps that's why they tried so hard to get rid of her. Sorry to hear it, but she's a talented person, I'm sure she'll move on to something bigger and better.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    Cryptic has a REALLY high turn-over rate with personnel. She was promoted not long ago. Now she's leaving. So...
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    Cryptic has a REALLY high turn-over rate with personnel. She was promoted not long ago. Now she's leaving. So...

Just goes to show, Don't! Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do *anything* that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Well, I think the issue was - she WASN'T working for Cryptic; she went over to PWE. That said...

Wow - promoted then (I assume) laid off. Yep, certainly makes me want to work for PWE...oh, wait...
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited February 2017
    Well, I think the issue was - she WASN'T working for Cryptic; she went over to PWE. That said...

Wow - promoted then (I assume) laid off. Yep, certainly makes me want to work for PWE...oh, wait...

Not that I would pretend to know Trendy's motivations, but I have the suspicion that she realized she wasn't making much of a difference as the CM of STO and thought having more power as Senior CM of PWE would allow her to make that difference she (correctly) thought the company needed.

Unfortunately, like so many others who are intuitive and proactive, she likely came to the realization that she didn't have any power when the management at PWE are going to do whatever the hell they want, and she was only there because she showed up on time and worked long hours. Her opinions were not needed or necessary for the continuing adventures of PWE and the search for more money, and she could have felt disenfranchised from a company she showed sincere loyalty to.

Again, this is all idle speculation but given the evidence of her hard work at PWE and desire to change things for the benefit of the customers, it's hard not to see this as anything else other than a purge at PWE to quell dissenting opinions the bean counters don't want to hear.

We aren't going to get a better CM than LaughingTrendy, period.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Wow, that sucks. Goodbye, sweetheart, you were the best.

'Promoted' is a fairly common business way of saying you're not wanted any more. They basically make you head of the CM team or something: aka, they take the current job you love away, and stick you with a BS one, which is essentially just a title, hoping you will take the hint, and quit 'on your own accord.' Happened to the CM before Trendy (or the one before that?) too.

Trendy deserved so much more.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

'Promoted' is a fairly common business way of saying you're not wanted any more. They basically make you head of the CM team or something: aka, they take the current job you love away, and stick you with a BS one, which is essentially just a title, hoping you will take the hint, and quit 'on your own accord.' Happened to the CM before Trendy (or the one before that?) too.

Actually, the person prior to Trendy was outright fired from all accounts.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Actually, the person prior to Trendy was outright fired from all accounts.

Yeah, that was Smirk, iirc. Which is why I kept the option open that it was the guy before him.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    I'm going to go to Wendy's and order a Baconator to show my solidarity with LaughingTrendy. Also, because bacon is delicious.

Okay, mostly because bacon is delicious.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • rickscv1975rickscv1975 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Goodbye cutie Trendy.. You will be missed.

I, like others, are amazed you put up with PWE so long.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I wish a decent company had purchased Cryptic back in the day ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    :'(
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rickscv1975rickscv1975 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I wish a decent company had purchased Cryptic back in the day ...

Lots of us who work at a nice companies that got bought up by a large underhanded corporation wish the same thing.

As far as cryptic goes, its really a shame PWE came a long. It saved the game at the cost of what the game got turned into.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Ok who do we lynch for this outrage
    angry%2Bmob.jpg

^this
    Sorry to hear, she was one of the few that actually tried to listen to the player base.

Perhaps that's why they tried so hard to get rid of her. Sorry to hear it, but she's a talented person, I'm sure she'll move on to something bigger and better.

and this^
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Goodbye Trendy, you will be missed. Really enjoyed having you around when you were CM. Sadly I was worried this would happen when I saw she got "promoted." Shame.
  • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Best wishes, Trendy, and thank you.
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Good luck, Trendy. Hope to hear from you soon...

Anybody know whose particular butts need to be put in a sling for this??