Install Arc
Options

ULC Discussion Thread: "There are 31!"

2»

Comments

• Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    I sort of like how meta-wise, Deloss is trying to figure out the Gorn schtick.
    Ha, true. I think all my characters have a meta thing going on.

Well, true, but Deloss angsts about his species's blank-slatedness in the Galaxy of Hats. :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    All the Gorn have are their rock throwing and death-hugging abilities. :'(

Here's a pic of Deloss.

IKS%2BMasamune%2B-%2BDeloss%2B1.jpg
  • Options
    aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    All the Gorn have are their rock throwing and death-hugging abilities. :'(

Here's a pic of Deloss.

IKS%2BMasamune%2B-%2BDeloss%2B1.jpg

What is that outfit? I can tell the collar and the Kobali strap, but not the uniform.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    It's the Bortasqu' Warrior uniform. I would've went with the traditional KDF but I drew Deloss in an unfinished comic a while back with a generic brown top and wanted to have some similarity. Here's a panel of him.

deloss1.png

Oh! And I started a wiki page for him, too, that I update as I make use of him. Here it is.
  • Options
    It's the Bortasqu' Warrior uniform. I would've went with the traditional KDF but I drew Deloss in an unfinished comic a while back with a generic brown top and wanted to have some similarity. Here's a panel of him.

Was wondering if that was Bortasqu', looks a lot different out of the Klingon matte grey.

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User

Was wondering if that was Bortasqu', looks a lot different out of the Klingon matte grey.

Yeah, the Bort uniform has some really nifty pieces to it. I borrowed the sash and epaulets for this Foundry mission OC who I intended as the True Way equivalent of Abu Bakr al'Baghdadi (the rest of it's the Intel tailcoat and gloves and the TOS Klingon belt):
    Kerim%20Morag_zpsp24lnqvn.png
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    OK, I've uploaded an updated version of part two with some of the changes I talked about, as well as one I didn't:
    fixed a minor plot hole in terms of why the Tal'Shiar would target the Cardassian ambassador.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    There seems to be a System Error, when trying to read my new prompt. Perhaps it's just the midnight posting made by a sleep deprived brain, or the half-crazed writings of a yet-mad rambler; who knows?. For instance, I know the last two paragraphs are full of it....
  • Options
    This kind of got super depressing real fast for me....

»Superzero«, a direct continuation of System Error. Setting up a bit of a backstory for a later story I plan to write for my year-long challenge...
  • Options
    Man, I'm behind on commenting; lot of output this weekened

@starswordc the set up with the Intelligence ships addresses some of the issues there and raises some interesting questions for the future about what sort of dreams and from where. Though the wrap-up feels hasty; would you accept a story where the Bajor was TRIBBLE, remotely, by an enemy ship in combat conditions, given the general level of discipline you give your characters?

@aten66 Curious to see what the long-term plan is for this, murderous 31st century holograms is pretty straightforward on some of your things. :) Lot of orphan timeline pieces showing up lately, spacetime's in real havoc in your fics, isn't it?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    @aten66 Curious to see what the long-term plan is for this, murderous 31st century holograms is pretty straightforward on some of your things. :) Lot of orphan timeline pieces showing up lately, spacetime's in real havoc in your fics, isn't it?

Not so much in real havoc, just needing to be settled. The Temporal Cold War spans more than just two universes and timelines, ya know?

I've slowly been building this up with clues here or there, and it will hopefully make sense by the time I sort out the rest of it. Who knows, I might get around to writing the TOS inspired crossover I planned to write for the 50th, it kinda went kablooey with my computers hard drive.

Edit: Also I shamelessly admit that i leave things vague or open ended to go back o them when's i feel a prompt fits. It helps I have a bit of foreknowledge since I plan on finishing this up with my ULC Annual prompt at some point.
    Post edited by aten66 on
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    So... when's the next ULC showing up?
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    takeshi6 wrote: »
    So... when's the next ULC showing up?

By all means, it's open to whoever. I haven't got time to start it today, otherwise I would!
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention I was going to be out of town yesterday and today (got back this afternoon).
    @starswordc the set up with the Intelligence ships addresses some of the issues there and raises some interesting questions for the future about what sort of dreams and from where. Though the wrap-up feels hasty; would you accept a story where the Bajor was ****, remotely, by an enemy ship in combat conditions, given the general level of discipline you give your characters?

Wow, tough crowd. :tongue:

Star Trek computer security tends to be on the iffy side compared to real life to begin with, and remember everybody just came off a war with the Iconians who kind of made a habit of trying to h*ck and knock out enemy ships (and yes, I'm fairly sure 25th century ships are still vulnerable: IIRC that came up in "Cutting the Cord"). I think it's likely that the Beta Quadrant nations learned a few things from them for both attack and defense: better offensive coding from reverse-engineering their cyberweapons (c.f. Stuxnet providing a basic blueprint for how to do industrial scale cyber sabotage IRL), and also better compartmentalization of critical systems to keep h*ckers from actually compromising the ship (hence why Kinlo couldn't simply kill the Scimitard's shields or what-have-you). However, the Tal Shiar were essentially vassalized by the Iconians and wouldn't have been given the best Iconian gear, in case they rebelled later. (There was a mention in Beat the Drums of War, based on "Blood of the Ancients", that they didn't give the Heralds the cream of the crop either, which was meant to explain why Heralds are actually beatable when the numbers aren't drastically in their favor.)
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    Latest ULC is up - enjoy "New Year, New Changes"!! :D
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    Late, but whatever. This is "Light on the Horizon".

Cast:
    • Shad Eleya, great-granddaughter of Fleet Admiral Kanril Eleya: Molly Quinn
    • Yesa Lanstar, great-granddaughter of Tiana Lanstar: Maryke Hendrikse
    • Captain (ret.) Reshek Taryn, late of Starfleet Intelligence: Bridget Regan
    • Captain Rachel Connor, Starfleet Intelligence: Michelle Rodriguez
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Holodecks are no escape @cmdrscarlet. B)
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • Options
    'Nothing' as a fantasy is an intriguing and excellent choice, here.

• Options
    Yep. Sometimes you just need to escape and just BE for a while.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png