test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would be your ultimate wish-list item?

Comments

• stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Oh, and you know that sub-window in the mission tracker for local missions that slides up over the mission you want to see when it's irrelevant and hides when you actually want to see it?

Yeah, that POS.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    so there's no reason weapons shouldn't be the same.
    Sure there is, in that weapons are not set up anything like ships, and making them set up like ships to have modify able visuals would require a ground up redo of the entire ground item system for an ultimately trivial feature.

... I didn't say anything about ground items ... by weapons I meant equipping a polaron array on my ship and making it shoot and sound like a phaser array ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I'm not sure I am that hot on impersonating weapons... but I would kind of like turrets that *look* like AbramsVerse turrets. That would probably eat up graphical resources, though.

Actually, looking at the sig above, you know what has bothered me more *times* than almost anything else, and probably won't change? Ship *names* are too short.

I don't think I've ever been able to use my first choice. Drives me nuts.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'm not sure I am that hot on impersonating weapons... but I would kind of like turrets that *look* like AbramsVerse turrets. That would probably eat up graphical resources, though.

Actually, looking at the sig above, you know what has bothered me more *times* than almost anything else, and probably won't change? Ship *names* are too short.

I don't think I've ever been able to use my first choice. Drives me nuts.

My main reason for wanting this is so that I can, for example, use the quantum phaser array with regular phasers without having one random blue beam mixed with all my orange beams
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    just one? ouch

the ability to assign 1 bridge officer to accompany you in public areas, like earth space dock.
    If the game wants to give you a notice via a BOFF, just default to the one walking with you.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Oh, and you know that sub-window in the mission tracker for local missions that slides up over the mission you want to see when it's irrelevant and hides when you actually want to see it?

Yeah, that POS.
    Just wave the mouse over it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Just wave the mouse over it.

Constantly. During missions. While fighting. So I can see the thing I'm trying to casually reference, like mission progress, so I know what to focus on next.

Or, alternatively, make it a toggle to something other than mouse movement on screen, so you don't have to *manually* manage it while trying to manage everything else.

My main reason for wanting this is so that I can, for example, use the quantum phaser array with regular phasers without having one random blue beam mixed with all my orange beams

That's a good point.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Open up the possibility for any race to play for any faction. I want to play a human KDF without making him an alien.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    A god damm Klingon carrier T6.
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    *drags @jade1280 's broken down T6 with a T7 tugboat.*
    :p
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User

My Romulan Scimitar Captain has been experiencing this issue as well.
    They use polaron weapons (because their favorite color is purple!)
    Because they have an Omnidirectional Beam Array from a space set, it's not purple.
    And there's a second beam array from a third space set, also not purple.
    So I see all these purple beams flying out, then a green and yellow one depending on how they are firing.
    When I add the third set weapon (from the Lukari reputation), that's potentially a 4th color!

I've been waiting for someone to shout "Rainbow!" and then deliver several impolite remarks about a "non-optimal" build without thinking to consider that the weapons are all polaron, just of different colors.
    Fortunately, it hasn't happened yet.

So yes, I wouldn't mind being able to disable the weapons visuals and make them all consistent again.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    tilarta wrote: »

My Romulan Scimitar Captain has been experiencing this issue as well.
    They use polaron weapons (because their favorite color is purple!)
    Because they have an Omnidirectional Beam Array from a space set, it's not purple.
    And there's a second beam array from a third space set, also not purple.
    So I see all these purple beams flying out, then a green and yellow one depending on how they are firing.
    When I add the third set weapon (from the Lukari reputation), that's potentially a 4th color!

I've been waiting for someone to shout "Rainbow!" and then deliver several impolite remarks about a "non-optimal" build without thinking to consider that the weapons are all polaron, just of different colors.
    Fortunately, it hasn't happened yet.

So yes, I wouldn't mind being able to disable the weapons visuals and make them all consistent again.

there was that Romulan Drone that could change it's weapons and shape (hologram) at will in ST:Enterprise.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'd like a transwarp to the Flotilla, please.

EDIT: And a second Disruptor Omni (mission award?) would be nice too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Oh, and I want extra ship slots. As long as drydocking destroys your tray layouts, they're not as useful as they should be. Count this as my primary wish, btw.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

Speaking of color coordination, I have, at some point, toyed with the idea of using Andorian Fleet Phasers, to use with the Quantum set. Even bought them, but never made those Epic yet, though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • murrayseanmurraysean Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    2 words. unrestricted tailor
  • calfencalfen Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Separation of starship configuration and design. I mean I would like to fly a ship that has the configuration of say last Breen ship reward, but I want to like the look of the ship (say fed destroyer).
    edited February 2017
    TOS Transwarp Timeline Jumpstream (Aka: The T3J).
    Purpose: To go back and actually play the previous expansions as they were intended to be played.
    Unique Power: includes all non-nerfed expansions, instances pves, lockboxes, one-time rewards, Special/Seasonal Events, etc.

Sry. I just had to put it.

>:)
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I posted this some time long ago. What I would want is a...

GOD CONSOLE

...so that I can instantly pop any enemy I wanted. I doubt this will ever happen, but it is nice to use in the Foundry. o:)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    I posted this some time long ago. What I would want is a...

GOD CONSOLE

...so that I can instantly pop any enemy I wanted. I doubt this will ever happen, but it is nice to use in the Foundry. o:)

the DPS snobs do that, already, pretty much.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    Hats. Seriously. The "NX-01" ball cap from ENT, the grey hats worn with the dress greys in the Kelvin Timeline, etc. I know we've already got a few options for headgear in the tailor, but I'd like to see more.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Playable Xindi (Arboreals, Primate, Reptilian, AND Insectoid. Don't care if they won't have the same wide number of options as the others, gotta make the insectoids playable aswell)

T6 versions of KDF carriers

Ferasan ships for KDF

Voyager/Intrepid bridge pack for sale as a standalone again, no need to buy the ships.

NPC to address us by selected title, rather than rank. (So if I pick Captain, they will call me that rather than Fleet Admiral)

Hats, caps, and kilts.

Cheaper prices on the Dilithium Store outfits

And last, but not least... Unite the factions!
    Or atleast when players have reached a certain point in the game story, allow them to team up and have access to eachothers faction restricted maps.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Im mildly surprised no one popped up with ground vehicles... usually at least one person does
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yes, that has been one of my long held goals, to go to Cure Ground with a ground vehicle and simply hit the accelerator to run over Borg groups!
    Not subtle, but effective! :p

Do I get points for a 3/2 split? :D
    Should be an Accolade, Bowling with Borg.

But most likely, they'd use the CO vehicle code, which prevents you from using vehicles on maps that don't permit it.
    Specifically, indoor ones.
    But I am uncertain if STO has indoor/outdoor map flags like CO.
    And they'd probably create a new map tag to disable vehicle use on Ground Queues or Battlezones anyway.

But it's a source of revenue lol, so why not make ground vehicles?
    Get your freebie ground vehicle to whet the appetite, now get better ones with more armor, heavier weapons, faster speed, whatever revs your engine for a price from C-Store.
    Paintjobs sold extra. ;)

What they'd probably do if it they were to implement them was to create a specific map instance intended only for vehicles, so if you don't have one, you can't go.
    So all the players are on equal terms.
    That's how CO handled it.
    And we have a similar system in STO, one that only lets you enter certain queues if you are in/have a shuttle.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    only a few maps in STO are really big enough to warrant it... andoria and new romulus being the biggest I can think of
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    a
    only a few maps in STO are really big enough to warrant it... andoria and new romulus being the biggest I can think of

And Nimbus III.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    NPCs never address us by Title in the VOs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.