test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why does the Omega minigame hate me?

sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
Whenever I try the minigame, regardless of which character I use or whether I use the ground or space particles, the exact same thing happens:

The minigame ends a few seconds after I start it, giving me just a single trace. This is exactly the same problem as last year, why it's become broken again I've no idea, yet no-one else seems to be affected. Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Comments

• alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. On Andoria space and ESD ground. And today, only on Vulcan ground. Though it only happens when my internet goes bad or I have multiple stuff running on my computer at the same time, like google.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    I'm guessing this has been an issue a lot longer than last year. I definitely noticed it from last year. The difference for me anyways, is that THIS year, it's happening a lot more frequently. Just now, I had 3 in a row, that ended after a few seconds. It's making me wonder if I should even bother at this point...beyond the daily grind for the ship.
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Were there other characters using the same particle as you? I've only had this happen when there were other characters there too.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Yes this seems to happen in crowded areas with lots of other players around. Somehow they can interrupt your minigame.

For this reason I always try to find one away from the crowd.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    OP, you're not the only one this happens to. I've had it happen a few times. Doesn't matter if there's others around or not. I was on Drozana, all alone, started it up and right about the same time, the station went through that lighting change for the dividians and the game stopped and gave me 1. The particles do despawn though. So I've noticed that sometimes when it ends prematurely, it despawns shortly after that.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    For me though, it's all that happens. So far I haven't had a single instance run and complete normally.

EDIT: After saying all this, when I did the minigame earlier today it worked perfectly. Strange times indeed.

EDIT 2: A day later, and the minigame is broken again, and I've no idea why.
    Post edited by sovereign010 on
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    That happens to me randomly. Tonight, though, had it take it a step further. Defera Ground - I actually complete the game and get traces, but my quest for Q won't update. Since tou have to do this game every day during the event, that means no ship for me this year.

But yeah ... on Defera especially I get that whole split second and game-over thing a lot.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    The first time you do the featured episode you get some 400 prize vouchers, this should mean getting the ship no problem.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I actually prefer this to get the bloody thing over quick. I routinely get about 400 and have never gotten above 650. I use a mouse and when the stages change a ton of particles fly off the map before you can even do anything.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    glyken wrote: »
    Were there other characters using the same particle as you? I've only had this happen when there were other characters there too.

As someone else mentioned, it doesn't actually matter if there are others around. I just had 4 in a row end prematurely, and there was absolutely NOBODY else around. As much as I hate to admit, I'm just going to declare this yet ANOTHER bug that is NEVER going to get fixed.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Since I am resigned to getting just one trace, the quicker the better.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns