EPIC Screenshot Thread is EPIC

Comments

• comrademoco
    comrademoco Member Posts: 1,691 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2017

Beautiful Wells over Earth - Thanks to @odinforever20000 for letting me snap his Wells

YsntIUK.jpg

6tviTDx.png

• odinforever20000
    odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Very niiiice! And now I have waaay cool sig and profile pic shots. Thanks you!
    Post edited by odinforever20000 on

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• salacnar070890
    salacnar070890 Member Posts: 424 Bug Hunter
    s_s__barioth_the_dark_by_salacnar-dawx53m.jpg
    barioth_orbiting_vulcan_by_salacnar-dawxz8a.jpg
    S.S. Barioth The Dark (yes i name my ships after Dragons)
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=

31 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh! | Twitch
    enjin-1234688-17550775-blue.png
  • shadowfirefly00
    shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    Concerning the Tzenkethi, dirtside.

32519128636_5a7e2c90e0_z.jpg

Amidst the uncertainty of the 25th century remain among other certainties this pair:
    • si vis pacem, para bellum (Latin; trans. 'If you want peace, prepare for war')
    • "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." -Sun Tzu

With this in mind, consider the following...

32560011685_16bc1379b7_z.jpg
    They who strike first can tilt the field to their advantage; zone pause (not used in this case because of apparent issues it causes with demorecord) is a big help

32519128706_d3d6c26d36_z.jpg

As noted, Tzenkethi backpacks can remain active after their operator is taken out; they act much like the Vaadwaur shield drones, except that they do not move. If a Tzenkethi is suddenly invulnerable, at least one of these is in play - note that its effect beam looks very similar to a tetryon beam

32560012085_ee9023f154_z.jpg
    Pounce. No longer just for Ferasans and Caitians

32519128506_4620079521_z.jpg
    Except for happening in mid-engagement, this would be a textbook triangulated ambush. The markers are warnings for a ground analogue of Cannon Spread Volley

Bonus:

32519128396_2e67b4de24_z.jpg
    When one question is answered, more arise

32560011945_71eb6fd300_z.jpg
    One shot, one kill.
  • zedbrightlander1
    zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,586 Arc User
    Cool!

btw - What weapon was used in the last slide? The effect looks new to my eyes.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • shadowfirefly00
    Cool!
    Thanks; I probably should've gotten in some environment shots too; the art guys did a good job with that map.
    Tetryon HDR (High-Density Rifle); the, ah, Lovely Angels use the 'full auto' version...
    Really, calling them full-auto is kind of silly when not only are their fire modes both bursts, but actual full-auto rifles exist in the game (referred to for some odd reason as piercing beam rifles)... and why you can't craft those in the various flavors escapes me, too.
  • salacnar070890
    s_s__barioth_coming_out_of_esd_by_salacnar-dawzxpp.jpg
    Salacnar

31 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh! | Twitch
  • salacnar070890
    Well i'm guessing i'm the FIRST to post this amazing looking ship here.
    u_s_s__rhaegos___lukari_ho_kuun_science_vessel_by_salacnar-dax0hpf.jpg
    Salacnar

• zedbrightlander1
    If you mean one from a cap in game, then yes. :)
  • zedbrightlander1
    Cool!
    Thanks; I probably should've gotten in some environment shots too; the art guys did a good job with that map.
    Tetryon HDR (High-Density Rifle); the, ah, Lovely Angels use the 'full auto' version...
    Really, calling them full-auto is kind of silly when not only are their fire modes both bursts, but actual full-auto rifles exist in the game (referred to for some odd reason as piercing beam rifles)... and why you can't craft those in the various flavors escapes me, too.

That explains it. I tend to stick to Split Beam Rifle and Dual Pistols ( for the 2nd weap of my CO ) when ever I can. Sprinkle in a bit of Knock Back or DoT and I'm a happy camper.
  • salacnar070890
    take_her_out__mr__mayweather__straight_and_steady__by_salacnar-dax10yf.jpg
    Salacnar

• jordonbrooker#3879
    jordonbrooker#3879 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    TlU5lLw.jpg
    "The U.S.S. Eagle leaves Earths orbit."
    ​​
    kgwcNMHqvWPLO.gif
  • cuchulainn74
    cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Cannot resist the siren's call of the Columbia class, and I am totally not disappointed. What an amazing model.
    Here's mine, the S.S. Therin Park...

DRICbTI.jpg
    Ganging up with Rodek and Kuumaarke

ED4lJHZ.jpg
    Overtaking my own torpedo trail

sr4DqDN.jpg
    Columbia class by moonlight

D1xeaRa.jpg
    Tzenkethi in my sights
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• salacnar070890
    Cannot resist the siren's call of the Columbia class, and I am totally not disappointed. What an amazing model.
    Here's mine, the S.S. Therin Park...

Love the Type 7 skin you used
    Salacnar

• cuchulainn74
    Thanks, @salacnar070890! A big part of the reason I had to splash 900 Lobi on the NX-R was your amazing pics. That perspective shot going into ESD was awesome. I'm trying out a DHC Antiproton build right now. So far it's passable, but needs some tuning.
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• salacnar070890
    edited January 2017
    Thanks, @salacnar070890! A big part of the reason I had to splash 900 Lobi on the NX-R was your amazing pics. That perspective shot going into ESD was awesome. I'm trying out a DHC Antiproton build right now. So far it's passable, but needs some tuning.
    i would recommend DCs over DHCs as DHCs are slow-firing weapons
    Salacnar

• shadowfirefly00
    i would recommend DCs over DHCs as DHCs are slow-firing weapons
    Indeed; DCs and turrets can shred things nicely, as shown by this particular build. You might recall his also presenting a budget build for the Xyfius-class; that one can be easily adapted to use cannons as well.
  • evilmark444
    evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,762 Arc User
    screenshot_2017-01-29-23-37-25_zpsfdc8ufk5.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • salacnar070890
    u_s_s__vinarth_on_approach_by_salacnar-daxezea.jpg
    My Science Toon reached LVL 30 today
    Salacnar

• salacnar070890
    shuttle_preparing_to_dock_with_the_u_s_s__vinarth_by_salacnar-daxh7pp.jpg
    Here you see a Shuttle attempting to dock with the U.S.S. Vinarth
    Salacnar

• flash525
    flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User

Beautiful Wells over Earth - Thanks to @odinforever20000 for letting me snap his Wells

YsntIUK.jpg

u_s_s__vinarth_on_approach_by_salacnar-daxezea.jpg
    My Science Toon reached LVL 30 today
    These look sweet!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • themadprofessor#9835
    themadprofessor#9835 Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

Antiproton Mag Consoles (or Fleet Consoles) + Polymorphic Probe Array + Crystalline Absorption Matrix (if you were smart enough to get one from the Phoenix Event) = TONS of AP damage goodness.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • cuchulainn74

Antiproton Mag Consoles (or Fleet Consoles) + Polymorphic Probe Array + Crystalline Absorption Matrix (if you were smart enough to get one from the Phoenix Event) = TONS of AP damage goodness.
    You pretty much nailed my console layout there. Five Fleet consoles, Polymorphic Probe Array, and Crystalline Absorption Matrix. With a few other bonuses thrown in, the AP damage bonus came out somewhere just shy of 300%. I'm trying the Delphic Antiproton DBBs right now, actually, rather than DHCs, and those seem to do nicely. Makes me wish there was an Advanced Radiant Antiproton DBB rather than a standard Beam Array, but I use the array for the Hypercharge set bonus.

vGdvFsX.jpg

• themadprofessor#9835
    themadprofessor#9835 Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

You pretty much nailed my console layout there. Five Fleet consoles, Polymorphic Probe Array, and Crystalline Absorption Matrix. With a few other bonuses thrown in, the AP damage bonus came out somewhere just shy of 300%. I'm trying the Delphic Antiproton DBBs right now, actually, rather than DHCs, and those seem to do nicely. Makes me wish there was an Advanced Radiant Antiproton DBB rather than a standard Beam Array, but I use the array for the Hypercharge set bonus.

I use four mag consoles, PPA, and CAM with three Herald DHCs, Crystalline Energy Torp, and two AP Omnis (plus the wide angle quantum). An Alpha Strike with Beam Overload, Rapid Fire III, and Torp Spread III can pretty much one-shot a D'deridex and can knock a Borg Cube down to ~30%. That's before I start activating consoles.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • nunoespadinha#0711
    nunoespadinha#0711 Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    screenshot_2017-01-27-03-57-18_zpsxckj47r7.jpg

screenshot_2017-01-27-03-59-27_zpsrhcoelod.jpg

screenshot_2016-11-20-21-37-49_zpsya59goha.jpg​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • salacnar070890
    u_s_s__thrimadra_on_patrol_by_salacnar-daxmki1.jpg
    thrimadra_never_surrenders_by_salacnar-daxmjgx.jpg
    Salacnar

• reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,510 Arc User
    rilejps.jpg
  • salacnar070890
    reyan01 wrote: »
    rilejps.jpg

i still need to get my hands on that prototype dread but its not high on the priority list
    Salacnar

• cuchulainn74
    Great pics, guys! @salacnar070890 that is a really nice shot of the dark skin on the Vengeance. It's hard to get a shot of that without just looking like a dark patch across the screen.
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,510 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    rilejps.jpg

i still need to get my hands on that prototype dread but its not high on the priority list

It's a VERY nice ship and have to admit am really enjoying it.