test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"you are at your current maximum ship..." what?

hmm...I just got 2 additional ship slots the other day, and I haven't slotted any other ships, so why am I getting a message that I'm at my limit when I try to open up the free ship?

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    What do you see when you go to the ship selector?

Were you a subscriber and then stopped? The extra dry dock slots disappear, but if you already have ships stored you can "borrow" those slots. Active is probably the same.
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    you may not be high enough level to unlock more or to unlock that ship with that toon.
    your sub may have run out.
    you may need to go over to the ship selector and check what you have in active slots and what you have in storage. May need to move something from one to the other. No empty actives? It won't let you get the ship.

there's some other things that can cause it, but those are the biggest three. As is being of the wrong faction for the ship to begin with.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    its also possible you are at your limit... have you bought a bunch of ship slots before?
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    hmm...I just got 2 additional ship slots the other day, and I haven't slotted any other ships, so why am I getting a message that I'm at my limit when I try to open up the free ship?

Which character is this happening with? I noticed this problem with my TOS character today. I'm pretty sure I got the promotion for that character and I'm certain I was not at the ship limit with that character either.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    You only need to get it to work for 1 character per faction. You can always dismiss a C-Store or event ship that you can reclaim to open up a slot.
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Thanks for all of the questions - and the help to try and troubleshoot this issue...here's the answers to the best of my ability.

First, some additional info:

Toon: Romulan/KDF aligned, level 60.
    Starship slots total: 9 (all full. Showing no empty slots)
    Drydock slots total: 10 (all empty)
    What do you see when you go to the ship selector?

Were you a subscriber and then stopped? The extra dry dock slots disappear, but if you already have ships stored you can "borrow" those slots. Active is probably the same.

Ship selector is showing as if I have no empty slots unfortunately, though I specifically remember claiming this on the toon I'm having problems with - I made sure that I got the system message confirmation on each character before I logged off to move on to the next one (of course, there's no other way to confirm that now).

I've been a subscriber for a long while, and am still subbed at the moment.
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    you may not be high enough level to unlock more or to unlock that ship with that toon.
    your sub may have run out.
    you may need to go over to the ship selector and check what you have in active slots and what you have in storage. May need to move something from one to the other. No empty actives? It won't let you get the ship.

there's some other things that can cause it, but those are the biggest three. As is being of the wrong faction for the ship to begin with.

level 60 toon, so not being high enough level isn't the issue. As mentioned, sub is still active.

As mentioned above, I'm showing no empty ship slots, even though I remember grabbing the promotional slots on this character (though I can't seem to find a way to verify that now, since things like ship slots don't stay in the promo tab after they have been claimed).
    its also possible you are at your limit... have you bought a bunch of ship slots before?

This is the first ship I've claimed/bought since the promo for the free ship slots the other day. I don't generally buy slots unless they are on sale, and I don't think I bought any during the last "services" sale.

Which character is this happening with? I noticed this problem with my TOS character today. I'm pretty sure I got the promotion for that character and I'm certain I was not at the ship limit with that character either.

As mentioned, Rom/KDF aligned, level 60. I didn't have any problems claiming the ship on my TOS character, so I'm sorry I can't verify that issue for you.
    You only need to get it to work for 1 character per faction. You can always dismiss a C-Store or event ship that you can reclaim to open up a slot.

This is the only Romulan toon I have at the moment, but yeah, I noticed right away that it dropped a "box" in my inventory, so I claimed the ship without an issue. Really the problem is the apparent lack of those 2 new ship slots.

-- thanks again for all of the help. I don't know if I should even bother with a ticket, since most every time I try I get an error anyway. It's not even that big of an issue, since I can easily clear out a ship slot, but I am annoyed that even though I claimed the slots the other day, they aren't there now.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ship_slot

With no othwr info, I will assume you are free to play not paid veteran subscriber.....

You get 6 slots by leveling up.
    You get 1 slot for playing The Vault amd earning the accolade.
    That's 7 total.

If you have never bought ship slots, but got 2 for free this past week for the first time, you would have 9 slots.

You stated that you have 9 full slots. Seems like you have what you should have.

I can't reliably address the rest of your claims of not opening any ships. Not even shuttles, etc. just for Admiralty cards?
  • Options
    darthgreaterdarthgreater Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    He should have more than 9. He gets 5 initial slots, plus 6 from promotions, the 2 freebies. probably got the one from the mission small packages since he said he's a Romulan. You didn't count the ones he gets for just creating, nccmark.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    On the day that the 2 ship slots and 5 drydock slots was in the promotions, did you claim them both? They were 2 separate things. Is it possible that you only claimed the drydock slots?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    nccmark wrote: »
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ship_slot

With no othwr info, I will assume you are free to play not paid veteran subscriber.....

You get 6 slots by leveling up.
    You get 1 slot for playing The Vault amd earning the accolade.
    That's 7 total.

If you have never bought ship slots, but got 2 for free this past week for the first time, you would have 9 slots.

You stated that you have 9 full slots. Seems like you have what you should have.

I can't reliably address the rest of your claims of not opening any ships. Not even shuttles, etc. just for Admiralty cards?

As I stated in my post that answered all the questions. I'm a subscribing player. I've also been playing since beta, so that's that.

Also...I don't know what you mean by "not opening any ships". I was asked if I had opened any ships since the promo giveaway of ship slots (at least that's how I interpreted the question) and the answer is no. I've opened an uncountable number of ships. Some just for the Admiralty cards.

I've had this character for several years...and I've never had any issues claiming ship slots when they've been discounted or given away in the past.

Also, for whatever it's worth, I haven't played the vault on the character (nor have I done "Small packages" a Romulan mission which also grants a ship slot) that I'm having the issue with.

Hope that answers your questions.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    just move some ships to drydock...
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    nixie50 wrote: »
    just move some ships to drydock...

I know that I can do that, or delete ships if I want to, but that's not really the point. The point is that I didn't appear to get the free ship slots. Just trying to figure out if anyone else has had the same issue...which seems to be a no so far.
  • Options
    On the day that the 2 ship slots and 5 drydock slots was in the promotions, did you claim them both? They were 2 separate things. Is it possible that you only claimed the drydock slots?

Yep. Claimed them both on all 7 of my characters, and made sure that I got the system message confirming that I claimed them.