test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 249: 'First Contact'

midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 249: 'First Contact' has warped on to Holosuite Media, you can download and stream it from: http://holosuitemedia.com/tie249/

The team makes first contact with David Limburg and Will Ross from FCD Events about their Out of the Ashes convention starting on March 31st.

After our interview we cover all the news from Star Trek Online (1:12:40), Star Trek Timelines (1:55:08), Star Trek News (2:11:49), Star Trek Discovery (2:34:32), Axanar (2:57:26), Listener Feedback (3:34:18) and more!

Community Questions:
1. What was your first convention experience like?
2. What do you think about the new Star Trek Online Reputation System?
3. What would you like to see in Star Trek Timelines version 1.7 release?
4. Do you have any Tribble related songs or poems you’d like to share with us?

Tribbles249.png

Comments

• chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    2.) Not a fan of the new armor. The Ant-Man/DOOM Guy helmet is fine, but everything below the neck isn't to my liking. The Tron ship shields are cool though. As with any reputation, I have more fun playing the content than collecting the rep goodies.

Feedback

NX Refit

As someone who's been watching all of Enterprise since November, the introduction of an endgame NX made me excited. The timing couldn't have been better. It's like Cryptic straight up knew I was watching the show whilst saying to myself "Man, it'd be great if they added in a T6 NX. Might as well since the Connie is already in." I'm relieved that it's a lobi ship. It's a shame that it's not a C-Store ship, but I honestly thought it was gonna be the next promo ship stuffed in doff or R&D packs. No need to worry about the ship being sold for a billion EC or more.

I saw Zef's NX comparison video that StooDogg mentioned. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. It really highlights just how much detail the artists put in when they do these model revamps.

Lastly, Thomas Marrone confirmed on twitter that the Refit will be able to use the NX-01 skin, which I highly appreciate. This was the push that made me decide I was going to get one. GG, Cryptic.

Gravity Kills Queue

This one was fun. I was in my Konnie on the third objective that's closest to the black hole. Timber Wolf was right, the pull is no joke if you're not paying attention to your engines power. I briefly let my guard down and made the mistake of only flying at half impulse at medium engines power. It didn't take long for me to register that I was getting closer to death. I was in red alert and my evasive maneuvers was on cooldown. That's when I realized just how perfect it was to hit the console ability that the Konnie comes with.

Auxiliary Warp Core Ejection

https://youtu.be/0jdL8b011GM?t=2m25s

It felt pretty great to have a little movie moment duplicated in-game.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • alex1geralex1ger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Okay, I just finished the stuff I didn't get to last week... Hey, sun asked for it!

Community questions:

1.) I have not been to a convention (yet?). I'm not sure if I want to and I didn't really have to think about it because there was either no opportunity or if there was it was a little outside of my budget at the time. But I admit, if I had the money (and got lucky because they sell out within minutes...) BlizzCon would be tempting. Or one of the ComicCons. Or that Out of the Ashes thing you talked about. I mean, I only know two thirds of their lineup, but those are awesome...

2.) Yeah, sure, whatever. See, I don't do the gear treadmill. I get all the marks I will ever need raising winter epohhs/risian birds/feather monkeys. So ask me again when we're done with Risa. Then I might have an opinion on this reputation. ;)

3.) Well, I don't play Timelines and I don't remember you talking about a browser version, so they're probably still (not...) working on it. I am not interested anymore, so... you can stop reading my answer to this question. I will still answer, but unless there's a browser version... and even then... *shrug*

4.) Sorry, I'm not an artist. You know, that tribble song was interesting. Like sun said, it was not quite "angry" enough for a klingon. Sounded a little like some country/western song. If that was the intention, it worked beautifully.

Anniversary giveaway:
    Oh. THERE'S our annual end of summer giveaway. And I thought they "forgot" about it. Silly me.
    But sarcasm aside, can't they get one thing done without any issues? See, the ship slots and dry dock slots on wednesday? According to the blog: "per character". According to the c-store: Once per account. I assumed the blog was wrong, because there seem to be more wrong blogs than there are correct ones. So I missed out on a couple of ship and dry dock slots. My bad. But Cryptic/PW just kills me sometimes. And on thursday the specialization póints and the universal tech upgrades? Similar problem. Get your act together, Cryptic/PW, will ya?

"Undiscovered lockbox":
    So... I guess you could call that a TOS-phoon, a Negh'TOS (I did not come up with that one) and a... D'DeriTOS? And look, the NX Refit is a lobi ship. And it's a T6.
    *deadpan* What a surprise. I did not see that coming. I am so shocked. *deadpan*
    The whole mix and match (between T6 NX Refit and T1 NX) is par for the course, but since the Konnie and the Connie, I did not expect this thing to be anything below T6. Next up: T6 K'Vort (carrier), T6 Miranda, T6 Oberth (with phase cloak) and just because they couldn't care less about logic and reason... T6 Phoenix for first contact day. And why don't we celebrate the anniversary of the moon landing with a T6 Apollo 11?

That's it for today. You got enough on your plates. I might throw some show-related feedback at you next week, but we'll have to talk about the anniversary event (I have things to say...) and when are we gonna review the new episode? I mean, I liked it.
    Without spoiling anything: the last ground part felt a little long (almost like they were trying to make up for something...), but as a whole I liked it.