test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Win10 Game DVR won't record anymore?

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
I was able to use Windows 10's built-in recording tool to capture some video from STO as recently as the Risa Event earlier this year, but something's happened between then and now. I can't even get the Game Bar to show up to ask me "Is this a game?". Anyone know of a workaround?

Comments

• stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Yes, don't use this garbage. OBS or NV Experience is all you need.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    stee1max wrote: »
    Yes, don't use this garbage. OBS or NV Experience is all you need.

NV Experience is a pile of TRIBBLE. Win10's DVR works fine for me. I'd rather use that, tyvm.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Actually the Nvidia experience recorder works ultra smooth, i use that or Fraps personally, and currently the Windows 10 recorder is not working fine for you!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Perhaps you have it turned off somehow? It should come up manually by pressing Windows Key + G.

If it doesn't, then hit your windows key and type XBox to find the XBox App. Launch that.

In the XBox App go down to Settings which is the bottom option on the left side tool bar.

Click on Game DVR and make sure it's enabled. If it is, but it's not working, try turning it off then saving and exiting the app. Re-launch the XBox App and turn it back on again, see if that fixes it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Actually the Nvidia experience recorder works ultra smooth, i use that or Fraps personally, and currently the Windows 10 recorder is not working fine for you!

Actually it's a resource hog. It's slow and it's chunky. Windows 10 recorder works fine on every other app, just not STO, and that's all I want to fix.
    Perhaps you have it turned off somehow? It should come up manually by pressing Windows Key + G.

If it doesn't, then hit your windows key and type XBox to find the XBox App. Launch that.

In the XBox App go down to Settings which is the bottom option on the left side tool bar.

Click on Game DVR and make sure it's enabled. If it is, but it's not working, try turning it off then saving and exiting the app. Re-launch the XBox App and turn it back on again, see if that fixes it.

No, it's on. Just used it to record a clip from a different game.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, just tried it.. it appears that the Windows Game DVR just does not work with STO.

I don't know why, but nothing I tired got it to work. The recording app from the NVidia software however, worked flawlessly. I thought that changing to Windowed mode might help, but it didn't. Not sure why not.

STO is the only application that I couldn't get it to work with. I can record anything else, it's almost like STO is actively blocking it for some reason.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • camripcamrip Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    This is happening to me right now. This is the only DVR that I use. I tried turning the DVR on and off, but the DVR will not turn on mid game. It was working around September 2016 and it was fine then. Please fix the problem. Thanks.