Install Arc

New idea for a NON FIGHTING Pet

toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
gentleman

if you are looking for a nice pet wich folows you true the station

how about the
CAPTAINS HORSE
from the holodeck scenes

aehem do we have carrots in the replikator ?

Comments

• wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2017

For the most part, the general player ends up selling, recycling or just plain throwing away Non-Combat pets...
    Fun for a day or two, then you realize they're taking up an inventory slot you could use for something else.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Yeah if they put in a tab or such for pets than I could see adding it in. I mean hell 150-300 zen to gain access to a non-combat pet-tab would seem about right, or maybe give us 15-20 free slots to start out, and then roughly the same price as a normal inventory expansion to expand the pet tab would be reasonable price I think.
    edited January 2017
    I'd go with a separate inventory just for 'vanity' items like the pets. Should really be under the tailor/ ship mod section as an add-on there anyway. I'd also stick 'quest' items in a separate section as well (Winter Event Bells, etc.), or into a section titled: 'Currency' and 'Quest Items', etc.

Other than that, I know Boffs can use tribbles that are in their ground device slots, but what about combat-pets slotted on a Boff? Haven't really tried this out, but having thought of it, I'm starting to wonder.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »

For the most part, the general player ends up selling, recycling or just plain throwing away Non-Combat pets...
    Fun for a day or two, then you realize they're taking up an inventory slot you could use for something else.

Don't people just put them on Boffs to store them? I mean, what else do you put in boff slots who aren't regular away team members?

Frankly, I find it hilarious when a (combat) horta shows up in the middle of a fight because I put it on an away team member.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I'd go with a separate inventory just for 'vanity' items like the pets. Should really be under the tailor/ ship mod section as an add-on there anyway.

Other than that, I know Boffs can use tribbles that are in their ground device slots, but what about combat-pets slotted on a Boff? Haven't really tried this out, but having thought of it, I'm starting to wonder.

I remember it working with non-combat pets that had some effect on use, but not sure on jus vanity pets, though i would think it would work though. I could see even combat pets being part of a pet tab, though it would need to be something where it cost you to expand, and or gain access to it so that it was incentivized to get, and then we might get a bit more pets in the game even if just from missions.
    edited January 2017
    eventually, you run out of storage slots on your Boffs, where you want to store things you actually use at some point. There is a limit on the number of Boffs you can have in total per toon. And Character Bound items can become space-fillers if you haven't opened up all your slots.

If you're a Sub, you get more Boff slots over time. If you're a F2P, you don't get as many. There's a chart listing the limits, but I'm not pulling it up right now.

Should mention that Sub and F2P issues don't really apply to Console players as that is an entirely different game setup.
    asuran14 wrote: »

I remember it working with non-combat pets that had some effect on use, but not sure on jus vanity pets, though i would think it would work though. I could see even combat pets being part of a pet tab, though it would need to be something where it cost you to expand, and or gain access to it so that it was incentivized to get, and then we might get a bit more pets in the game even if just from missions.

would definitely be a doable concept. Rather simple and straight forward, too. :)
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    I'd go with a separate inventory just for 'vanity' items like the pets. Should really be under the tailor/ ship mod section as an add-on there anyway.

As I noted earlier, you can put a combat pet into a boff device slot, and they will summon it. Also, I gave one boff the Na'kuhl Temporal Operative set and he summons the Enhanced Crawler Mine from the 3-piece bonus. He also gives me that shield which summons the distortion - which is a bit random and I suspect is a glitch (don't tell the devs, I like it).

azrael605 wrote: »
    IMO, non- combat pets are utterly useless unless they can be turned in for Marks.

definitely. Sadly, they're really not even worth the effort of trading them when you think of the costs of getting the things...
    edited January 2017

As I noted earlier, you can put a combat pet into a boff device slot, and they will summon it. Also, I gave one boff the Na'kuhl Temporal Operative set and he summons the Enhanced Crawler Mine from the 3-piece bonus. He also gives me that shield which summons the distortion - which is a bit random and I suspect is a glitch (don't tell the devs, I like it).

Doesn't really count as a combat-pet, when it's just a set bonus.
    edited January 2017
    hmm.. if it works on combat-pets on a Boff, then the random chance for your Boff using a ground device is in effect. And if you have 4 Combat-Pets on each Boff... Plus, any set type options that give bonus personnel or critters...

= small army. :wink: After-all, I can get a gawd-awful number of Security personnel on the ground, why not throw in 16+ possible other guys?

I might try this out one day. I don't usually deal with the pets much. Might be interesting to see.
    edited January 2017
    I forget. How many peeps/etc does the Shard do? I can get 30+ Security on the ground if there's things to keep fighting (around 50+ and my game may develop issues like it did during the Miner days with the infinite Rom's Popping bug before they fixed it). This a prob when you have that many Shards active, @azrael605?
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I want a vole rat as a pet!
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Each Shard is only 2 duplicate people so its not bad with 2 Shards active.

so, not a prob then. that's good to know. Like so many things, I either passed up the Shard or failed to get it. :|
  • toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User

just imagine
    you beam in into eart space dock

riding on a horse true the main hall 8)))