test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you could remove something from the game, What would it be?

Comments

• sleepwalker#8777 sleepwalker Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    the tailor restrictions are quite annoying..
    i cant use my new buyed clubwear gear without buying a new slot, because i cant change clothing type anymore [on PS4]
    hrrrrrr
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    From what I read they are putting out two space zones and no ground zones so far? They should really do something along the lines of:

* One open space zone. (Badlands like)
    * One open ground zone. (Dyson/Kobali like)
    * One STF space.
    * One STF ground.
    No, they are putting out two space QUEUES. Only one space battlezone.

Also, there is no way they could afford to make TWO battlezones for every single rep.

Their lack of affording is costing them gamers if people get burned out on the limited options they do set out. I remember people in my fleet talking about how boring the Kobali zone is for a max level zone and wishing for a new ground battle area.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    From what I read they are putting out two space zones and no ground zones so far? They should really do something along the lines of:

* One open space zone. (Badlands like)
    * One open ground zone. (Dyson/Kobali like)
    * One STF space.
    * One STF ground.
    No, they are putting out two space QUEUES. Only one space battlezone.

Also, there is no way they could afford to make TWO battlezones for every single rep.

Their lack of affording is costing them gamers if people get burned out on the limited options they do set out. I remember people in my fleet talking about how boring the Kobali zone is for a max level zone and wishing for a new ground battle area.
    Where "boring" means "not as much dil as the voth zone."

It really is a shame they've made all these newfangled space battlezones and their rewards universally suck.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    warpangel wrote: »
    Where "boring" means "not as much dil as the voth zone."

It really is a shame they've made all these newfangled space battlezones and their rewards universally suck.
    They only "suck" compared to how massively over generous the voth zone is.

They need to go back and lower the rewards on that by quite a bit.
    Because heaven forbid someone might want to play something other than ISA/CCA and get a decent reward, yes?

The voth zone is not over generous. It used to be adequately generous before they ruined it by nerfing tagging. Now it's just barely worth playing occasionally, and usually only for the "cap 2 nodes" and reinforcment dailies since there usually aren't enough players to finish it in a reasonable time anyway.

That the space zones still manage to suck compared to that is an achievement.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Bajorans, why are we still discussing anything else?
    GwaoHAD.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Myself...

Which has been going on since about September.
    :|
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    If there was only ONE thing you could remove from the game in order to improve the game? What would it be?

Tovan Khev
    XzRTofz.gif
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    If there was only ONE thing you could remove from the game in order to improve the game? What would it be?

Tovan Khev

^^ I second that! We'll have a ceremony too, where we load him into a Photon torp casing**, with our crew surrounding him, and then we launch him into space!

** He doesn't necessarily have to be dead for that. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Tovan Khev

^^ I second that! We'll have a ceremony too, where we load him into a Photon torp casing**, with our crew surrounding him, and then we launch him into space!

Can I have him, instead? I would not mind a hunky little Romulan boy toy. o:)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    The Alpha Quadrant.

Why?

Lets looks at what it has given us
    -Cardassians(Bad Romulan ripoffs)
    -Bajorans(Bad religious extremest ripoffs)
    -Ferengi(Bad stereotypes)
    -Kzinti and Caitians(Furries)
    -The First Federation(Taking "parent leaving infant in a car" to a whole new level)
    -Breen(Aka "we wish we were Bobba Fett" knockoffs)
    -Tholians(Spiders)

Seriously, what good has it done us?

~hugs a Tholian lovingly~
    I love these awesome walking crystals!
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

Tovan Khev

There are far better-looking Roms to be had in game, but sure, he's yours the moment Cryptic allows me to dismiss him. :) He's too much of a dweepy 'Kaidan Alenko' type of good-doer to me.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

Tovan Khev

There are far better-looking Roms to be had in game, but sure, he's yours the moment Cryptic allows me to dismiss him. :) He's too much of a dweepy 'Kaidan Alenko' type of good-doer to me.

I like good doers, I can't stand bad boys....

So, which Romulans were you referring to? And both sexes are fine, since I sit on top of the fence....that way one can see what's growing in both gardens, yo.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    As Dr. Decker said in the film Nightbreed about 'Grinding':

"And I did it over... and over... and over... again."
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

I think it would have to be canon material. Having canon things in STO makes my full time job as forum canon pendent and sole defender of the TV/Film universe very hard.

I think removing anything that appeared or was referenced onscreen at any point would be the best way to solve all our problems.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I think it would have to be canon material. Having canon things in STO makes my full time job as forum canon pendent and sole defender of the TV/Film universe very hard.

I think removing anything that appeared or was referenced onscreen at any point would be the best way to solve all our problems.

Been saying it for years, STO would be a better game if it was set in it's original universe. Hardly anyone would play it since it wouldn't be a very good game, but it would be much more bearable pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou

Tovan Khev

So, which Romulans were you referring to? And both sexes are fine, since I sit on top of the fence....that way one can see what's growing in both gardens, yo.

I'm not much into the whole tribal tattoo thing (which Tovan has going). And he has the personality of a dial tone. :) But I must admit there aren't too many (named) alternatives in the game for him. D'Tan is way too old now, but an NPC like this will do just fine:

Romulan_Male.jpg?version=8e91975d7fed46bcd2500de076d35747

As for Romulan females, I dunno, I guess they're all kinda pretty (with the pointy faces and all). A few I really like, though, like Levok:

260px-Levok.png?version=a4abe0df57fd58e1c71eda1709abc59a

Or our 'boy-ish' Romulan Ambassador:

260px-Romulan_Ambassador.png?version=51aca426c9bd644b154de03e35491397

And our very own Satra, of course:

Satra.png?version=350577d8ad783e19dd83172d228de10e
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    angrytarg wrote: »

Been saying it for years, STO would be a better game if it was set in it's original universe. Hardly anyone would play it since it wouldn't be a very good game, but it would be much more bearable pig-2.gif​​

I am mildly interested in how well a game like STO would fly as it stands but with no access to the ST IP.

People still like spaceships right? And customisation, and free zen conversions, and lasers and stuff right?
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Tovan Khev

I'm not much into the whole tribal tattoo thing (which Tovan has going). And he has the personality of a dial tone. :) But I must admit there aren't too many (named) alternatives in the game for him. D'Tan is way too old now, but an NPC like this will do just fine:

Romulan_Male.jpg?version=8e91975d7fed46bcd2500de076d35747

As for Romulan females, I dunno, I guess they're all kinda pretty (with the pointy faces and all). A few I really like, though, like Levok:

260px-Levok.png?version=a4abe0df57fd58e1c71eda1709abc59a

Or our 'boy-ish' Romulan Ambassador:

260px-Romulan_Ambassador.png?version=51aca426c9bd644b154de03e35491397

And our very own Satra, of course:

Satra.png?version=350577d8ad783e19dd83172d228de10e

I'm liking 'boyish' :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

I am mildly interested in how well a game like STO would fly as it stands but with no access to the ST IP.

People still like spaceships right? And customisation, and free zen conversions, and lasers and stuff right?

Sort of what like "Timelines" is doing with crews, right?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

I don't know anything about that game, I can't even find a wiki article on it. But it's still linked to the ST IP isn't it?

#TASforSTO

I don't know anything about that game, I can't even find a wiki article on it. But it's still linked to the ST IP isn't it?

Timelines is a game on Facebook, it's almost a text adventure game, mixed with some similarities to doffs/admiralty. Story is the multiverse are totally mixed together, and Q is helping you a bit (Delance even does voice work, woot!) and you can pick you captain and get all sorts of crew members.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User

Tovan Khev

You know, I'm actually genuinely amazed that this took 12 pages to appear. I've been waiting for it since page 1 XD.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

Tovan Khev

oh gods Im beginning to agree with meimeitoo
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited January 2017
    **weird double post deleted**
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    I'd get rid of the existing Reputation system and replace it with something great

EXPLORATION FOR ALL

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User

Tovan Khev

oh gods Im beginning to agree with meimeitoo

There's a reason most people picked Ashley over Kaidan; I would certainly like a crewmember that looked like Diana Allers, she was sweet :)
This discussion has been closed.