test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you find "Bribe Ferasan for Information about Jem'Hadar in Sector" assigment?

hc8hc8 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
I have been looking for this assignment on my Agents of Yesterday character but I can't find it. I have mostly tried the Cardassia, Algira and Orias sectors and their borders. Does anyone know how to find this assignment?

Comments

• hc8hc8 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Thanks, I have tried that a few times before with no luck though.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I've found that sometimes it's not just a matter of where you are, but when you are there as well. Took me forever to get the final DOFF assignment for the Caitian Diaspora assignment chain.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I'm guessing that since you are looking for that mission you have already completed the prerequisite mission, but do you have the 10 leaves on hand (in your inventory or bank) and a trader in your roster? I was just thinking the mission might not show up unless you have all the stuff required.
    I have both of them but it still won't appear. I have also checked after a few sector updates in a row but I still can't find it.
  • blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    This annoyed the TRIBBLE out of me for the longest time, but I found a method that worked for me on multiple characters. It's screwy in that location AND angle of approach seem to be important.

1. On the sector map, go to the Badlands (don't enter it, just get there on the map)
    2. Point your ship at Defera and start up your engines at a low speed, just enough to cross the sector/system border
    3. Give it a second to refresh the "Current Map" options in the duty officer window and check to see if it has shown up - probably won't yet
    4. Put your engines in reverse and go back over the sector line and check your duty officer window again (this is where I normally found it)

I always found it on the characters the first try, but as I understand the mechanics it is POSSIBLE that the mission may not be available so you may have to do this a couple of times.

Edit: Seriously, C-R-A-P is considered profanity?
    Thanks, I tried your method but without any luck.

I am hoping that the doff assignment locations might be improved when the 15 new sectors are added to the Alpha Quadrant. That might make it easier to find.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Since the last big sector map update, Doff'ing became a major pain in the you-know-where. Now you have to slowly creep over the map checking to see if the available missions have changed or gone back to default settings.
    Definitely not an Arc User.