test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seeking fleet recruits and Gamma candidates

athurrpewtyathurrpewty Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Earth Spacedock
Star Fleet Alpha Command is looking to expand the fleet. Starbase T5, Dil Mine T3, Embassy T3, Spire T3, Lab T3. K-13 T1.

SAC is a small, concentrated fleet of 88 members. We do *not* have a KDF fleet.

Most importantly, we feel that STO is a game and not a job; we are not trying to become famous. We just want to enjoy STO. If you are tired of being monitored and roll call being taken by your fleet in chat or TS, we would be glad to have you on board.

We are a casual, reasonably family friendly fleet (there may be some colorful language once in a while) with no gender, race, species or time-zone bias. We’re all here to have fun, and the commanding officers have structured the fleet so that we can all enjoy the game. It is vitally important that we all understand that a Fleet in Star Trek Online is, essentially, a volunteer organization and the commanding officers strive only to make the game an enjoyable experience. SAC hopes that you will participate in the betterment of the fleet; however, no one will ever attempt to coerce your participation through monitoring your contributions or participation. To that end what follows is Starfleet Alpha Command’s fleet framework.

Fleet Ratings/General Structure:
Flag Officers
Admiral
Commodore
Line Officers
Captain
Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant
Ensign

A line officer is an officer who enjoys fleet permissions and access to fleet commodities in proportion to rank with Ensign having the least privileges and Captain having the most. A line officer is eligible for operational command positions within the fleet at the rank of Captain.
A flag officer exercises authority within the fleet with Admirals having supreme executive authority over all other officers.

Rating Progression Within The Fleet
SAC uses a common sense merit system for promotion within the fleet. The promotion system is very similar to the XP system used in-game, only instead of XP it uses accumulated fleet points. Fleet Points are accumulated by contributing resources to Fleet Holdings projects, obviously. You will never be kicked from the fleet for not contributing or participating in the fleet unless active fleet enrollment exceeds your inactivity. In other words if you haven't been on in a year and someone wishes to join the fleet you might be mustered out.

Fleet Discipline
General Standards: While Alpha Command is a casual fleet, we do wish to maintain an orderly fleet. The Fleet Discipline policy centers around a common sense approach which can be summed up in the simple phrase: “Don’t be a jerk to other people”. What makes a jerk a jerk is, arguably, subjective; however, there are some things that simply will not be tolerated in-game.
1) Racial Epithets
2) Violent threats/harassment/stalking
Engaging in any of the above activities puts you in the un-enviable position of being summarily demoted any number of ranks or summarily dismissed from the fleet based on the severity of the transgression.

Feel free to contact me in-game: salaar@athurrpewty
Post edited by athurrpewty on

Comments

• athurrpewtyathurrpewty Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Shameless bump.

Starbase T5, Dil Mine T3, Embassy T3, Spire T3, Lab T3. K-13 T1.

We are also looking for gamma fleet candidates. Our Armada wing works under the same principles as the fleet: STO is a game not a job and it can be hard for small fleets to build their holdings without the game feeling like a job. We'll keep an eye out on your progress, but it will be a friendly, helping eye and we'll do what we can to get you up to speed.

Contact me here or in game at tell/Salaar or a stomail.
  • novice101novice101 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hi
    Fleet "Forty fat and ferengi" is looking for a home in an armada.
    Starbase T1, rest still 0. Just a small fleet, so plenty of possibilities to make fleet credita so long as the dilithium holds up.
    So if you like you can just send an invite or stomail ma'lis@novice101
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Hi there

I'm also looking for Gamma fleets for a casual armada, I have 4 free Gamma slots in my immediate control and willing to give access to excess fleet store resources to Gamma fleet officers whilst your fleet levels.

Starbase T4, Dil Mine T3, Embassy T3, Spire T3, R-Lab T3, K-13 T2 about 25 days to T3

I'm available in-game @wisecasper
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
    edited January 2017
    I have invited Forty fat and ferengi to the gamma wing. FFAF is an infant fleet and I, personally, think that is the primary purpose of holding Gammas: to help out fleets that are starting up or are low-level and struggling to build up holdings as opposed to "Get all the Armada points". There are two gamma slots left; so, if you are an infant or "toddler" fleet, please feel free to contact me here or in game on salaar@athurrpewty.

And, of course, if you are not happy with the armada you are in now you're welcome in our gamma wing as well.

LLAP
    Post edited by athurrpewty on
    Still looking for a gamma candidate for the Armada. We would be pleased to welcome you aboard.
    One last beta slot is open. Join an armada that plays STO as a game and not a job. Reply to this thread or salaar@athurrpewty in-game.