T6 TEMPORAL LIGHT CRUISER (CONSTITUTION CLASS)

123578

Comments

  • johnnymo1
    johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I paid through the nose for mine. but honestly i did try to open boxes to get it, the $100 i dropped on keys was a waste, the $100 i dropped on keys that I then traded/sold to buy the ship was well worth in. I will never open another box in game, but i'd buy a second and third of this ship in game happily. The ship needed to be more widely distributed, I had never complained about the drop rate of a ship in the boxes before, but this is arguably the most desired ship in the games history, This should have been something to treat and reward the customers and fans.
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    azrael605 wrote: »
    They did make it to the correct scale, the scale they were ordered to use by the owners of the franchise & thus the only scale that will ever matter.

    Nopeski. They made it to the size from official literature with no regard for the intent of the designer or the size it most often appears onscreen, you know, the screen, where we see the bloody ship. The only scale that matters. If you seriously prefer numbers in a book to the ships as seen on screen and discussed by the people that built them then go and petition Cryptic to change the ship sizes to match those from the DS9 technical manual...

    ...what's that, official literature can and does produce numbers and scales completely at odds with physical evidence?

    Shut the front door!
    artan42 wrote: »
    Like I've said before we have no idea how the Federation actually works or the levels to which they're allied. Are they states in a federal republic? An economic union like the EU or an analogue of the U.N.?

    Assuming the term Federation of Planets is being used correctly (not always a good bet with Star Trek), you know at least that much. Each planet is a State with some self-governing authority under a Federal system which has its own defined authority. What's not defined is the rules governing the result as those can vary greatly.

    The EU and UN are properly defined by the term Confederation, but to different degrees given the EU's goal is Federation with a strong central government.

    One important different between the two is that in Federation neither the States nor the Federal Government may alter their relationship on their own. Hence, the US Civil War. In Confederation, one side may alter their relationship, hence Brexit.

    That's still only speculation and relies on two things, the first is (as you said) assuming the word 'Federation' is used as it is now but also that the different facets of the Federation we've seen can be made coherent due to the different writers and the different directions they've taken the UFP in.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • drakethewhite
    drakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    That's still only speculation and relies on two things, the first is (as you said) assuming the word 'Federation' is used as it is now but also that the different facets of the Federation we've seen can be made coherent due to the different writers and the different directions they've taken the UFP in.

    I think I already covered that in an edit to my post, but basically says all bets are off for the shows made decades later.

    But I think it's clear that the original TOS was a Federation and operated as one although we know few of the rules it operated under. To be honest, I'd doubt later writers and show runners even knew what the term "Federation' meant. All those shows were rather disconnected from reality IMO.
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    That's still only speculation and relies on two things, the first is (as you said) assuming the word 'Federation' is used as it is now but also that the different facets of the Federation we've seen can be made coherent due to the different writers and the different directions they've taken the UFP in.

    I think I already covered that in an edit to my post, but basically says all bets are off for the shows made decades later.

    But I think it's clear that the original TOS was a Federation and operated as one although we know few of the rules it operated under. To be honest, I'd doubt later writers and show runners even knew what the term "Federation' meant. All those shows were rather disconnected from reality IMO.

    I hadn't seen your edit when I replied, but yes, the disparity between, for example, Earth and Vulcan seems to be wide for a federation. But I also think it's too great. The modern US as well as Russia and Germany are also Federal and I can't envisage a situation whereby mortal combat would be allowed in one New York but not in Georgia. Or where a caste system can exist in North Dakota but not in Florida.
    That's why it works better as an analogue to the UN where modern countries and medieval ones can (more or less) co-exist under some sort of overseeing organisation.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • drakethewhite
    drakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    artan42 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    That's still only speculation and relies on two things, the first is (as you said) assuming the word 'Federation' is used as it is now but also that the different facets of the Federation we've seen can be made coherent due to the different writers and the different directions they've taken the UFP in.

    I think I already covered that in an edit to my post, but basically says all bets are off for the shows made decades later.

    But I think it's clear that the original TOS was a Federation and operated as one although we know few of the rules it operated under. To be honest, I'd doubt later writers and show runners even knew what the term "Federation' meant. All those shows were rather disconnected from reality IMO.

    I hadn't seen your edit when I replied, but yes, the disparity between, for example, Earth and Vulcan seems to be wide for a federation. But I also think it's too great. The modern US as well as Russia and Germany are also Federal and I can't envisage a situation whereby mortal combat would be allowed in one New York but not in Georgia. Or where a caste system can exist in North Dakota but not in Florida.
    That's why it works better as an analogue to the UN where modern countries and medieval ones can (more or less) co-exist under some sort of overseeing organisation.​​

    You're hung up on your image of 'today', and that's a mistake. Modern Federations represent just one subtype, one IMO near the end of its lifespan in the case of the US.

    Such huge differences existed between many of the States early in US History. Free or Slave, and yes even lethal dueling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel#Colonial_North_America_and_United_States) was outlawed by the individual States on their own at differing times, not once by Federal Government which would have required an amendment (as was done with slavery, such was attempted with dueling but failed).

    In fact Federation and Confederation are governments intended by nature to contain very significant difference between states (or planets). They are a method to combine resources and goals between disparate and even semi-hostile member states. Huge differences are not an argument against Federation, it's an argument for.

    Edit: Links that may help

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitary_state
    Post edited by drakethewhite on
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    That's still only speculation and relies on two things, the first is (as you said) assuming the word 'Federation' is used as it is now but also that the different facets of the Federation we've seen can be made coherent due to the different writers and the different directions they've taken the UFP in.

    I think I already covered that in an edit to my post, but basically says all bets are off for the shows made decades later.

    But I think it's clear that the original TOS was a Federation and operated as one although we know few of the rules it operated under. To be honest, I'd doubt later writers and show runners even knew what the term "Federation' meant. All those shows were rather disconnected from reality IMO.

    I hadn't seen your edit when I replied, but yes, the disparity between, for example, Earth and Vulcan seems to be wide for a federation. But I also think it's too great. The modern US as well as Russia and Germany are also Federal and I can't envisage a situation whereby mortal combat would be allowed in one New York but not in Georgia. Or where a caste system can exist in North Dakota but not in Florida.
    That's why it works better as an analogue to the UN where modern countries and medieval ones can (more or less) co-exist under some sort of overseeing organisation.​​

    You're hung up on your image of 'today', and that's a mistake. Modern Federations represent just one subtype, one IMO near the end of its lifespan in the case of the US.

    Such huge differences existed between many of the States early in US History. Free or Slave, and yes even lethal dueling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel#Colonial_North_America_and_United_States) was outlawed by the individual States on their own at differing times, not once by Federal Government which would have required an amendment (as was done with slavery, such was attempted with dueling but failed).

    In fact Federation and Confederation are governments intended by nature to contain very significant difference between states (or planets). They are a method to combine resources and goals between disparate and even semi-hostile member states. Huge differences are not an argument against Federation, it's an argument for.

    Edit: Links that may help

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitary_state

    I think you're getting too hung up on definitions. Clearly these definitions have changed. The US is still a Federal Republic despite the increasing amount power of central government. However the current state of the matter is that such large disparities do not exist, meaning a Federation by definition no longer supports such large disparities.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ltminns
    ltminns Member Posts: 12,481 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Federation?!?! I thought we were talking about the United Earth Space Probe Agency (UESPA). Stick that Canon in your hat. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • drakethewhite
    drakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    That's still only speculation and relies on two things, the first is (as you said) assuming the word 'Federation' is used as it is now but also that the different facets of the Federation we've seen can be made coherent due to the different writers and the different directions they've taken the UFP in.

    I think I already covered that in an edit to my post, but basically says all bets are off for the shows made decades later.

    But I think it's clear that the original TOS was a Federation and operated as one although we know few of the rules it operated under. To be honest, I'd doubt later writers and show runners even knew what the term "Federation' meant. All those shows were rather disconnected from reality IMO.

    I hadn't seen your edit when I replied, but yes, the disparity between, for example, Earth and Vulcan seems to be wide for a federation. But I also think it's too great. The modern US as well as Russia and Germany are also Federal and I can't envisage a situation whereby mortal combat would be allowed in one New York but not in Georgia. Or where a caste system can exist in North Dakota but not in Florida.
    That's why it works better as an analogue to the UN where modern countries and medieval ones can (more or less) co-exist under some sort of overseeing organisation.​​

    You're hung up on your image of 'today', and that's a mistake. Modern Federations represent just one subtype, one IMO near the end of its lifespan in the case of the US.

    Such huge differences existed between many of the States early in US History. Free or Slave, and yes even lethal dueling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel#Colonial_North_America_and_United_States) was outlawed by the individual States on their own at differing times, not once by Federal Government which would have required an amendment (as was done with slavery, such was attempted with dueling but failed).

    In fact Federation and Confederation are governments intended by nature to contain very significant difference between states (or planets). They are a method to combine resources and goals between disparate and even semi-hostile member states. Huge differences are not an argument against Federation, it's an argument for.

    Edit: Links that may help

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitary_state

    I think you're getting too hung up on definitions. Clearly these definitions have changed. The US is still a Federal Republic despite the increasing amount power of central government. However the current state of the matter is that such large disparities do not exist, meaning a Federation by definition no longer supports such large disparities.

    Definitions matter, they don't change just because governments and cultures change. And as the wiki indicates, the definition in common usage hasn't changed. You can't redefine terms as you like, for a Rose by any other name is still Rose. Your attempt to re-label things to suit your taste just indicates to me that you're not a person worth engaging with.

    Now if you wish to make the claim that the US is currently far more of a Unitary State than it is a Federation- you can. But that that is an off topic subject and I'm not interested. As another option, if you want to claim what the Federation is no longer a Federation after some in-setting event, that would be on topic. And given I know very little Star Trek after TOS- not a topic I'm interested in unless it's based in TOS.

    So I think you and I are done here.
  • nikeix
    nikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Dueling in the early USA was outlawed state by state rather than by federal fiat as I recall...
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    That's still only speculation and relies on two things, the first is (as you said) assuming the word 'Federation' is used as it is now but also that the different facets of the Federation we've seen can be made coherent due to the different writers and the different directions they've taken the UFP in.

    I think I already covered that in an edit to my post, but basically says all bets are off for the shows made decades later.

    But I think it's clear that the original TOS was a Federation and operated as one although we know few of the rules it operated under. To be honest, I'd doubt later writers and show runners even knew what the term "Federation' meant. All those shows were rather disconnected from reality IMO.

    I hadn't seen your edit when I replied, but yes, the disparity between, for example, Earth and Vulcan seems to be wide for a federation. But I also think it's too great. The modern US as well as Russia and Germany are also Federal and I can't envisage a situation whereby mortal combat would be allowed in one New York but not in Georgia. Or where a caste system can exist in North Dakota but not in Florida.
    That's why it works better as an analogue to the UN where modern countries and medieval ones can (more or less) co-exist under some sort of overseeing organisation.​​

    You're hung up on your image of 'today', and that's a mistake. Modern Federations represent just one subtype, one IMO near the end of its lifespan in the case of the US.

    Such huge differences existed between many of the States early in US History. Free or Slave, and yes even lethal dueling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel#Colonial_North_America_and_United_States) was outlawed by the individual States on their own at differing times, not once by Federal Government which would have required an amendment (as was done with slavery, such was attempted with dueling but failed).

    In fact Federation and Confederation are governments intended by nature to contain very significant difference between states (or planets). They are a method to combine resources and goals between disparate and even semi-hostile member states. Huge differences are not an argument against Federation, it's an argument for.

    Edit: Links that may help

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitary_state

    I think you're getting too hung up on definitions. Clearly these definitions have changed. The US is still a Federal Republic despite the increasing amount power of central government. However the current state of the matter is that such large disparities do not exist, meaning a Federation by definition no longer supports such large disparities.

    Definitions matter, they don't change just because governments and cultures change. And as the wiki indicates, the definition in common usage hasn't changed. You can't redefine terms as you like, for a Rose by any other name is still Rose. Your attempt to re-label things to suit your taste just indicates to me that you're not a person worth engaging with.

    Now if you wish to make the claim that the US is currently far more of a Unitary State than it is a Federation- you can. But that that is an off topic subject and I'm not interested. As another option, if you want to claim what the Federation is no longer a Federation after some in-setting event, that would be on topic. And given I know very little Star Trek after TOS- not a topic I'm interested in unless it's based in TOS.

    So I think you and I are done here.

    Oh dear. Your inability to accept the fact that definitions are changeable is a bit silly. So, yes, we're probably done.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jordonbrooker#3879
    jordonbrooker#3879 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    She sure is beautiful though... worth the price tag...

    If people'll pay it.
    kgwcNMHqvWPLO.gif
  • feiqa
    feiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    You're hung up on your image of 'today', and that's a mistake. Modern Federations represent just one subtype, one IMO near the end of its lifespan in the case of the US.

    Such huge differences existed between many of the States early in US History. Free or Slave, and yes even lethal dueling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel#Colonial_North_America_and_United_States) was outlawed by the individual States on their own at differing times, not once by Federal Government which would have required an amendment (as was done with slavery, such was attempted with dueling but failed).

    I can see some of your argument, in that early Federation was a loose coalition and over time began to homogenize a bit. Similar to early U.S. history versus present. One of the changes is speed of communication and enforcement. Early ToS Kirk was on his own for hours, if not days, on the romulan border before a response could possibly be returned to him. By TnG they could have real time conversations that far out. The reason that is significant is your neighbors in a society can put pressure on you to change from ways they disapprove of both economically and politically. But only if they hear of what you are doing that they disapprove of and can speak easily with other members.
    Look at Journey to Babel. The tellarites, or at least the ambassador, come off as practically ferengi in avarice. Wanting to not admit a system to the Federation so it could continue to exploit them. This was so important to them the drunken ambassador chose to physically attack the Vulcan ambassador. Whereas by TnG these things happen outside the Federation. Not in it.

    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • tacticalrook
    tacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Some of you fellas may not realize it, but this isn't a thread about government.
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    I paid through the nose for mine. but honestly i did try to open boxes to get it, the $100 i dropped on keys was a waste, the $100 i dropped on keys that I then traded/sold to buy the ship was well worth in. I will never open another box in game, but i'd buy a second and third of this ship in game happily. The ship needed to be more widely distributed, I had never complained about the drop rate of a ship in the boxes before, but this is arguably the most desired ship in the games history, This should have been something to treat and reward the customers and fans.
    When you say you tried to open boxes to get it and said the 100 [you] dropped on keys was a waste, were those separate incidents or are you saying you opened lock boxes to try to get the T6 Constitution to drop?
    /channel_join grind
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Some of you fellas may not realize it, but this isn't a thread about government.

    The OP...
    monodoso wrote: »
    Been looking for this ship and wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase this. I know this comes from the R&D Promotion, but all I keep getting is Lobi. Anyone know who is selling one or who I can get a hold of (Channel in Chat). Any help would be appreciated.

    ...has already been answered. The thread has moved on.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • carcosa#4225
    carcosa#4225 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    artan42 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    That's still only speculation and relies on two things, the first is (as you said) assuming the word 'Federation' is used as it is now but also that the different facets of the Federation we've seen can be made coherent due to the different writers and the different directions they've taken the UFP in.

    I think I already covered that in an edit to my post, but basically says all bets are off for the shows made decades later.

    But I think it's clear that the original TOS was a Federation and operated as one although we know few of the rules it operated under. To be honest, I'd doubt later writers and show runners even knew what the term "Federation' meant. All those shows were rather disconnected from reality IMO.

    I hadn't seen your edit when I replied, but yes, the disparity between, for example, Earth and Vulcan seems to be wide for a federation. But I also think it's too great. The modern US as well as Russia and Germany are also Federal and I can't envisage a situation whereby mortal combat would be allowed in one New York but not in Georgia. Or where a caste system can exist in North Dakota but not in Florida.
    That's why it works better as an analogue to the UN where modern countries and medieval ones can (more or less) co-exist under some sort of overseeing organisation.​​

    You're hung up on your image of 'today', and that's a mistake. Modern Federations represent just one subtype, one IMO near the end of its lifespan in the case of the US.

    Such huge differences existed between many of the States early in US History. Free or Slave, and yes even lethal dueling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel#Colonial_North_America_and_United_States) was outlawed by the individual States on their own at differing times, not once by Federal Government which would have required an amendment (as was done with slavery, such was attempted with dueling but failed).

    In fact Federation and Confederation are governments intended by nature to contain very significant difference between states (or planets). They are a method to combine resources and goals between disparate and even semi-hostile member states. Huge differences are not an argument against Federation, it's an argument for.

    Edit: Links that may help

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitary_state

    I think you're getting too hung up on definitions. Clearly these definitions have changed. The US is still a Federal Republic despite the increasing amount power of central government. However the current state of the matter is that such large disparities do not exist, meaning a Federation by definition no longer supports such large disparities.

    Definitions matter, they don't change just because governments and cultures change. And as the wiki indicates, the definition in common usage hasn't changed. You can't redefine terms as you like, for a Rose by any other name is still Rose. Your attempt to re-label things to suit your taste just indicates to me that you're not a person worth engaging with.

    Now if you wish to make the claim that the US is currently far more of a Unitary State than it is a Federation- you can. But that that is an off topic subject and I'm not interested. As another option, if you want to claim what the Federation is no longer a Federation after some in-setting event, that would be on topic. And given I know very little Star Trek after TOS- not a topic I'm interested in unless it's based in TOS.

    So I think you and I are done here.

    Oh dear. Your inability to accept the fact that definitions are changeable is a bit silly. So, yes, we're probably done.

    I agree definitions change, and have done so throughout history. Not sure what this argument is about though. Better let sleeping dogs lie.

    Also read something about scale... this ship is too tiny in game and if we are sticking to scale it should be under about 100m shorter than the Kelvin Connie, so maybe a little smaller than the Kelvin ship in game.
  • tacticalrook
    tacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Some of you fellas may not realize it, but this isn't a thread about government.

    The OP...
    monodoso wrote: »
    Been looking for this ship and wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase this. I know this comes from the R&D Promotion, but all I keep getting is Lobi. Anyone know who is selling one or who I can get a hold of (Channel in Chat). Any help would be appreciated.

    ...has already been answered. The thread has moved on.
    artan42 wrote: »
    Some of you fellas may not realize it, but this isn't a thread about government.

    The OP...
    monodoso wrote: »
    Been looking for this ship and wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase this. I know this comes from the R&D Promotion, but all I keep getting is Lobi. Anyone know who is selling one or who I can get a hold of (Channel in Chat). Any help would be appreciated.

    ...has already been answered. The thread has moved on.

    @ambassadorkael#6946 I'm curious to know how you feel about this perspective. If a random forum poster feels the OP has received a sufficient response to their original post from other forum posters, is it acceptable for them to derail the thread into something completely off-topic? Some folks seem to hold the viewpoint that threads can "move on" from their original topic.
    /channel_join grind
  • hmkc
    hmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Drifting a bit off topic, aren't we?

    M
    ltminns wrote: »
    Federation?!?! I thought we were talking about the United Earth Space Probe Agency (UESPA). Stick that Canon in your hat. :)

    From "Tomorrow is Yesterday" yes I like the sound of that for some reason UESPA as the original 12 Starship(s) where launched under this banner.

    Capt PIKE: The same old Earth, and you'll see it very soon.
    Navigator TYLER: And you won't believe how fast you can get back. ... Our new ships can,......"

    EP1 the "CAGE" Not to get too side track here, but there were some great dialog in that episode - especially good banter (masterful) between Capt Pike and the Doctor in the second scene in Pike's cabin
    Kirk out!
  • hmkc
    hmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    I paid through the nose for mine. but honestly i did try to open boxes to get it, the $100 i dropped on keys was a waste, the $100 i dropped on keys that I then traded/sold to buy the ship was well worth in. I will never open another box in game, but i'd buy a second and third of this ship in game happily. The ship needed to be more widely distributed, I had never complained about the drop rate of a ship in the boxes before, but this is arguably the most desired ship in the games history, This should have been something to treat and reward the customers and fans.

    I'm with you on this one,- The TOS Enterprise is really the only ship I'd wanted to play in the first place, I'm just not interested in all of the others models that are available no matter what the tier! I just wonder what happens when T7 becomes the top tier?
    Kirk out!
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Also read something about scale... this ship is too tiny in game and if we are sticking to scale it should be under about 100m shorter than the Kelvin Connie, so maybe a little smaller than the Kelvin ship in game.

    The TOS Conni? It's canon size works out to 50m shorter than the KT version, mainly due to the length of the KT nacelles. The KonsTitution is scaled to it's maximum onscreen size not it's most common (and the size the designer built it to). It's correct from a certain point of view but it would be like making the B'rel with a 700m wingspan because it was mis-scaled a few times.

    Short answer, the TOS Conni is correctly sized, it's the KT Conni that's too large.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ltminns
    ltminns Member Posts: 12,481 Arc User
    UESPA also mentioned in 'Charlie X'. Also came up in Enterprise and Voyager.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crypticarmsman
    crypticarmsman Member Posts: 3,897 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    UESPA also mentioned in 'Charlie X'. Also came up in Enterprise and Voyager.
    UESPA was also mentioned in the TOS episode "Tomorrow Is Yesterday".
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • ltminns
    ltminns Member Posts: 12,481 Arc User
    hmkc had already mentioned 'Tomorrow is Yesterday' to my original post.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    Also read something about scale... this ship is too tiny in game and if we are sticking to scale it should be under about 100m shorter than the Kelvin Connie, so maybe a little smaller than the Kelvin ship in game.

    The TOS Conni? It's canon size works out to 50m shorter than the KT version, mainly due to the length of the KT nacelles. The KonsTitution is scaled to it's maximum onscreen size not it's most common (and the size the designer built it to). It's correct from a certain point of view but it would be like making the B'rel with a 700m wingspan because it was mis-scaled a few times.

    Short answer, the TOS Conni is correctly sized, it's the KT Conni that's too large.

    Except that CBS and Paramount disagrees with you as they are the ones who said to make it the size it is in game. I'm sorry to say, they trump what you say and day of the week and twice on sunday. Really, you unwillingness to accept what others say and what YOU personally think is all that matters is sad. The IP holder has the final say on what size the JJprise is. The society at LARGE gets to determine what WE collectively call things. You have exactly zero rights to tell the IP holder that they are wrong or that the community is using the wrong term because you said so. That's not how any of this works.

    Canon trumps any single thing CBS says. That's their own damn policy, not mine. Canon shows conflicting sizes with one more common size edging out. So unless CBS change their canon policy to have their own blu-ray special features outrank canon material the canon discrepancies stay. It's really that simple.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    They DID. Jeebus, you are so stuck in the past that it ain't even remotely funny anymore. They got rid of that stupid **** if you see it it's true rule a while ago...like any sane IP holder. So it's real simple...you are stuck in the past and WRONG. CBS gets to do what it wants with it's IP...you do not.

    I'm sorry, are you incapable of reading. What I keep posting, and you must therefore keep having to read, is CBS' statement on the matter. Like all policies and rules the world over rules stick around until retracted or replaced. So supply the evidence for either of those outcomes or get on with recognising that you're literally reading CBS decision on the IP whether you like it or not.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!