test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lukari Anniversary Ship

2»

Comments

• thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    My main problem with the idea of a Lukari ship is that their ship technology is inferior to Federation ships. So what does a Lukari ship really have to offer that you can't get in a Federation 25th, 26th, 29th, or 31st century Science ship?
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Buh...buh...buh... It's the Doritoprise! Since it shaped like everyone's favorite snack food, it is automatically kewel!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    My main problem with the idea of a Lukari ship is that their ship technology is inferior to Federation ships. So what does a Lukari ship really have to offer that you can't get in a Federation 25th, 26th, 29th, or 31st century Science ship?

[citation needed]
    From what I got from the various episodes featuring them, they're late at making ships (even though they managed to make some to evacuate their previous homeworld), but they're more advanced in other areas and they learn fast (for example, Kuumaarke never saw a transporter or didn't think it was possible, yet she deduced the correct technical term and how it interacted with the laws of physics).

Another example, protomatter freaks us, yet Kuumaarke was quite casual about it "not if you know how to technobabble the thingabit"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The whole thing with the "previous homeworld" is already a pretty significant surprise and has not actually been elaborated on anywhere. Maybe we learn more with the new reputation.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    Another example, protomatter freaks us
    Not really
    -Davis Marcus used protomatter in the genesis device.
    -Gideon Seyetik used protomatter to reignite the star Epsilon 119.
    -The Maquis used protomatter in a device used to implode the impulse drive of the Cardassian freighter Bok'Nor.
    -A Changeling infiltrator impersonating Deep Space 9's Dr. Julian Bashir tried and failed to destroy the Bajoran sun with protomatter, trilithium and tekasite.

Its dangerous, but we, and The Dominion, know how to use it.
    I know, I just said it freaks us, not that we don't know how to use it. We know how to use nuclear energy but we also know it can be dangerous if someone messes up.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    Not really
    -The Maquis used protomatter in a device used to implode the impulse drive of the Cardassian freighter Bok'Nor.
    -A Changeling infiltrator impersonating Deep Space 9's Dr. Julian Bashir tried and failed to destroy the Bajoran sun with protomatter, trilithium and tekasite.

I know, I just said it freaks us, not that we don't know how to use it. We know how to use nuclear energy but we also know it can be dangerous if someone messes up.

I have to agree here. We saw how powerful Protomatter was in the Genesis device. Klingon Commander Kruge wanted it as a weapon. Imagine what would happen if Genesis was used on an inhabited planet.
    Everything that existed would be wiped out in favor of the new matrix.

We saw the aftermath of basically a weaponized version that didn't replace biological matter, but downright OBLITERATED it. Basically the Tzenkethi have what the Klingons in the 23rd Century wanted. Weaponized Genesis. Only... without the Genesis part.

The 25th Century is certainly a time of conflict for the Galaxy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User

They only have to provide us with the bare bone chassis since we bring everything else ourselves.
    The thing which will make the ship unique is the first recorded use of the new Lukari rep boff seating.

Will be interesting to see what this new rep brings.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Not really

I would say that the difference between the Lukari and the Federation is the difference between building a hydrogen bomb and a fusion reactor. We have the capacity to build a Hydrogen Bomb for about 65 years now while we are still incapable of building a fusion reactor. The Federation can only crudely work with protomatter while they don't have any finesse with protomatter. The Federation being able to use protomatter is vastly different from how the Lukari can use protomatter. Another comparison would be the difference between an amateur and a grandmaster.

Not sure about the Dominion's capability of using protomatter since there is only that one piece of evidence in DS9 and it is possible that they use it in other technologies, but never shown.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Not really

I have to agree here. We saw how powerful Protomatter was in the Genesis device. Klingon Commander Kruge wanted it as a weapon. Imagine what would happen if Genesis was used on an inhabited planet.
    Everything that existed would be wiped out in favor of the new matrix.

We saw the aftermath of basically a weaponized version that didn't replace biological matter, but downright OBLITERATED it. Basically the Tzenkethi have what the Klingons in the 23rd Century wanted. Weaponized Genesis. Only... without the Genesis part.

The 25th Century is certainly a time of conflict for the Galaxy.
    Someone in ST2 claimed that no ethical scientist would use protomatter.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Ah... but there are some reports of triangular UFOs as well. Not as common, but they exist.
    The X Files.
    I used to be a UFO buff, and there is a pretty impressive array of shapes reported for UFOs...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

They only have to provide us with the bare bone chassis since we bring everything else ourselves.
    The thing which will make the ship unique is the first recorded use of the new Lukari rep boff seating.

Will be interesting to see what this new rep brings.

I think you're confusing reputations with specializations.

Reputations have never offered special bridge seating. Specializations do when they bring out a new full one.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png