test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread for the Tzenkethi Battlezone

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to post feedback and issues found in the new Tzenkethi Battlezone on Tribble.

Tzenkethi Battlezone:
  • The Tzenkethi have set up operations in the Gon’cra system, at the far edges of explored space!
  • Captains from all factions are tasked to go to the Gon’cra system and stop the Tzenkethi from harvesting raw material for new weaponry.
  • The Tzenkethi Battlezone is set for level 60 captains from all faction and is accessible from the Alpha Quadrant.
  • Completion of objectives in the Tzenkethi Battlezone will award new Lukari marks, used for advancing through the Lukari Restoration Initiative reputation.
    • Additionally, participation awards expertise and dilithium.
  • This is still a work in progress.
  • For more details, please visit the Tzenkethi Battlezone blog: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10343833-announcing-the-tzenkethi-battlezone

Comments

• Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    loving the preview so far. It makes a refreshing change to have stubborn enemies you can' destroy en-masse with a few pew-pews. will post full feedback, but its 2am lol
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Ok, so I've played the Tzenkethi zone for a while on the first build and my thoughts are as follows:

Pros:
    - Battlezone capture methods are far more original than they were in the Badlands Zone, especially Tug of War. Rather than just hold position and shoot ships, you actually have to try a bit to take these new points.
    - The map doesn't feel as big as the Badlands Zone, making it feel like it takes less of an eternity to reach corner to corner.
    - Because each point now takes about 5-6 minutes to capture regardless of number of ships involved, the full zone could be cleared very quickly if the players stay split up.

Cons/Advice:
    - The capture points are being retaken by the Tzenkethi far too quickly to allow for proper zone completion, I think within about 6 minutes from the initial capture. There is also no warning period before a zone is recaptured, rather it resets instantly. Given that all points now require at least 5 minutes to complete, this makes completing the zone with smaller numbers of players (in my case 8), impossible.
    - At first, I wasn't aware that Tzenkethi ships had very strong non-forward shields and thought it was a bug until I read the blog released earlier this week. A small advisory from General Rodek in the Operations Information contact concerning the specifics of Tzneenkethi ship mechanics would be useful to newer runners of this battlezone.
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    Pretty sure you can easily tell the Tzenkethi ships have weak frontal defenses as sometimes their fore shields are down completely. Doesn't get more self-explanatory than that.
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    dunno, you get a couple of battlecruisers parked next to each other and they become indestructable, as they heal each other quicker than you can hurt them. Saying that, I'd certainly be in favour of them having more resistance to energy weapons. Force players to use alternate methods to take them down, exotics and temporal dots. Afterall, everyone is getting a free Lukari science ship, so no excuse not to capitalise on that.

As for the Tzeni retaking the objectives quickly... that's a good thing. In the Undine zone I can practically do it solo before they start retaking. By having the objectives under constant threat, it means teams of players will actually have to stay near each objective and guard them, rather than flying off to the next one. Which will mean players need to think strategically, so split up and work together to get the zone to 100%. I'm all for that. (issue with that is, you get rewards for capturing a point, so players aren't going to stand guard, they're all going to fly off and try to take the next point. Maybe change it so you only get rewards if the zone gets to 100%. You want your rewards, you guard this point with your life lol)
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2017

Cons/Advice:

- At first, I wasn't aware that Tzenkethi ships had very strong non-forward shields and thought it was a bug until I read the blog released earlier this week. A small advisory from General Rodek in the Operations Information contact concerning the specifics of Tzneenkethi ship mechanics would be useful to newer runners of this battlezone.

Drain boat + Nebula T6 trait + Winter Ship trait = poof-be-gone shields

Throw Solanae 2nd deflector to give Tachy Beam even more oomph.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    So, playtested the Battlezone.

The modes for the Battlezone are different than the modes for the Undine BZ or Badlands BZ, and they feel like they're a lot more fun. Asteroid tug-of-war in particular.

The cons: the BZ is apparently bugged, since we cannot actually defend points. Instead, the points change from captured to contested and back again with little relation to why they're changing hands. This should probably be fixed before it goes live in a couple of weeks; or the change-of-hand conditions need to be clarified.
  • Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    So I managed to get myself killed in the south blockade alpha section and respawned into the middle of the local moon. Consequence being that I can't get out without changing instances. I'd suggest the respawn point position needs looked at.
  • Options
    chrisofborgchrisofborg Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    --The different Zones reset too fast for a group of random people to be able to take over the whole map.

--FX cannot be seen through the rings of the planet(s), so it's hard to see if enemy ships are swooping in underneath you to tractor asteroids.

--The colors on the map aren't clear enough to describe what's happening. An area can be (recently) controlled by allies, but still have a red dashed border on it, so then people start yelling about "GET OUT OF MY ZONE, I GOT DIS".

• Options
    sefhyrosefhyro Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    hi, first of, to the hard core players here , i just want to remind you guys, that not all of us sto players are hardcore, some of us are indeed just casual players that have a atachement to the sci-fi series and movies, alnd we like to play the game has well, but not all of us have the skills nor the equipments to do solo missions whit the same ease that some of you do, so keep that in mind on leting the normal seting be what it is and not make it a head puzle that casual players cant make trough... just a litle reminder thats all, because if you think its too easy theres always the uper dificulties and the better rewards that come from playing there....
  • Options
    djaricaricson#1377 djaricaricson Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    was in zone 4 and we were finally able to finish and destroy all boss ships. Not sure how we got it too that point but all of a sudden it popped up. Needs a little explanation at the part you need to drag the sensors to the corners where the boss ship is.

Every time anyone captured a zone it would pretty much be instantly taken back. Its like you take 5 steps forward to take 10 back sigh. Its not bad and is challenging just needs some tweaks. Obviously am aware its a work and progress.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    lemec25 wrote: »
    was in zone 4 and we were finally able to finish and destroy all boss ships. Not sure how we got it too that point but all of a sudden it popped up. Needs a little explanation at the part you need to drag the sensors to the corners where the boss ship is.

Every time anyone captured a zone it would pretty much be instantly taken back. Its like you take 5 steps forward to take 10 back sigh. Its not bad and is challenging just needs some tweaks. Obviously am aware its a work and progress.

The Devs popped the bosses to facilitate zone completion, people were having way too much trouble completing it.
  • Options
    irishcaptain007irishcaptain007 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    When I changed instances I spawned right into the moon and got stuck. I had to exit the system.
  • Options
    patrickmckabypatrickmckaby Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I got in late due to my client deciding to download Tribble completely again, and I wasn't able to get anywhere close to completing a boss, so I guess no rewards then?
  • Options
    newchicago1605newchicago1605 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Enemies weren't too difficult but they recaptured the zones too quickly. Barely got to halfway of the zone completion and it never went further.
  • Options
    datalives#1627 datalives Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I'm not elite, just have a middle marked level ship/build - but maybe its time for 2 battlezone levels as per queues... 1 Elites and 1 Normal -

I would jump for 40% of the marks compared to elite, if it ment I was having fun, and not just chasing a group of people who just go round and kill/clean up before your torpedo's have a chance to hit its mark - The mobs could be just as hard, but respawn rate of the zone markers are slowed - for example if elites was 8min respawns, then the normal would have 12.

A selection of my STO windows background ScreenShots
    http://www.risk-gaming.com/content.php B)
    @Datalives
    United Federation 55th
  • Options
    psygn0sispsygn0sis Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    It was alright,rewards were minimal tho, my biggest gripe was how we would capture a point, and it would continue to show that it wasn't. We would then goto another capture point and pretty much the same thing, decimate waves of enemies get told that we capped it but still showing that it wasn't. We would spend so much time trying to cap one point (there were no enemies) that we would loose another point we just captured, I was on it for bout 40 minutes and it got rather boring and pointless. I left after a while and didn't even see a boss. I'm sure when you guys refine it,it will be better, but right now it's a time spent vs. reward, and it was way too much time for way to little reward. I'm not trying to be a jerk bout it,but that's what I got from it. thx for the preview.
    CLR.png
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Zone was being recaptured too fast so i decided to sit in a zone to see if i could defend it. Zone got recaptured even there are no enemy around. It will be highlighted by red dash circle. Then you have to wait until it become a full circle before enemy respawn. When it became a full circle the zone reseted.
    The enemy difficulty was ok, those who have epic xiv gear would find it easy but normal xii gear it just right. It at the advance difficulty. I can do elite but not one of those dps queen's.

OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for giving us a chance to play and see what you folks have been working on, I'll break down some feedback for ya.
    I's also like to thank Mr.Todd for coming back and supplying his talents to the whole affair.

Tzenkethi Ships: The look distinctive from the other races, though they remind me just a bit of the Voth's smaller ships.
    I feel like perhaps the dreadnought should be a bit bigger, it doesn't feel imposing enough, IMO.
    Also now I have a severe case of cluster missile envy.

Battle zone feedback:
    Pros:The area looks beautiful, the debris field and objectives add some nice atmosphere.
    I like how I can see objectives in-distress from farther away then in some zones.
    The tasks feel different enough to set them apart from other battlezone activities.

Cons:Some times the enemy ships felt pretty invulnerable when fighting alone, but it's a battlezone, I don't expect that to happen too often.

Suggestions: I feel like there is room for things similar to the supply dinos from the Sphere ground area and the disabled ships from the Undine battlezone. Something to change the dynamic a little, maybe the ability to call in support ships with tokens or something?

Also you might want to vary up the Tzenkethi ship formations or spread them out a bit more, they seemed to get caught on each other and just stop moving and attacking.

Looking forward to what missions you have in store for us!
  • Options
    raszloraszlo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    * In the sector space, the battlezone is in the Gon’cra system, not in the Gon’cra nebula.
    * For some reason the battlezone is much more difficult to understand than the prevoius battlezones - more clear instructions are needed. However, this feeling might be caused by improperly working area control mechanics.
    * Looks like the area control mechanics are broken. At the array for example, there is no progress bar on all 3 sectors uptime, or whatever should turn the area to allied control. While fighting there for some time, I've noticed it is already marked as blue, so it probably changed without a notification. Not for long though, as it suddenly turned to dashed-red-line, even with like 2-3 players denying any enemies within the area.
    * The welcome message from the Klingon guy should only appear when a player is close to his ship. At the moment, changing zones/returning from queues results in being bothered every single time (no matter in which part of the battlezone you appear).
    * There is no info on how the boss dreadnouhts could be released from their shields. One can see 4 satellites and progress bars, but it is unknown if the satellites can be destroyed and should be protected, or if players can influence the speed of this process in any way.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Okay played zone for about an hour or so and got to engage bosses, which I think we only killed one due to obscene numbers of enemies guarding satellites, but it seems a bit buggy to say the least.

The enemies did spawn too fast to be able to hold much and for king of the hill they just charged to the centre and died there so the only option players have is tractor repulsors and park in the centre zone or we have no chance at 70% plus which obviously means a tanky ship is needed here.

When a zone is captured it still shows on the map as being enemy controlled even though it is now blue!

When fighting I would be randomly moved to a different area within the zone which is a tad confusing as i dont remember having a subspace jump equipped anywhere on my ship.

Edit: Forgot to add my temporal dreadnaught was constanly getting stuck in the satellites/arrays so any chance of either making them a little less tangible or arranging driving lessons for me?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    irishcaptain007irishcaptain007 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I'm confused about the access point for the battlezone. Intuitively I ventured to the Gon'cra Nebula to look for the battlezone, thinking it to be similar to the Badlands in terms of access point. I had to ask around and it took me a while to realize it was in the Gon'cra system. Anyway to label this clearly for players?
  • Options
    rbaathomerbaathome Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Please use this thread to post feedback and issues found in the new Tzenkethi Battlezone on Tribble.

Tzenkethi Battlezone:
    • The Tzenkethi have set up operations in the Gon’cra system, at the far edges of explored space!
    • Captains from all factions are tasked to go to the Gon’cra system and stop the Tzenkethi from harvesting raw material for new weaponry.
    • The Tzenkethi Battlezone is set for level 60 captains from all faction and is accessible from the Alpha Quadrant.
    • Completion of objectives in the Tzenkethi Battlezone will award new Lukari marks, used for advancing through the Lukari Restoration Initiative reputation.
      • Additionally, participation awards expertise and dilithium.
    • This is still a work in progress.
    • For more details, please visit the Tzenkethi Battlezone blog: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10343833-announcing-the-tzenkethi-battlezone
    [/quote

Where exactly was I supposed to find the tribble test announcement? It says it's closed now and I didn't even know there was a test! Please advise.
  • Options
    neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I found the battle zone interesting and I appreciate that you made an attempt to differentiate it a bit from the previous battle zones. In terms of looks, I thought it was lovely. The intro to the area seemed reasonably explanatory and the new enemy ships seemed fairly interesting to fight.

I'm an average player at best, but I found that I could make decent progress killing the enemies and keeping myself alive, so that's good. I did blow up once after getting caught between too many of the baddies, but I expected that to happen at least a time or two.

I only had two real complaints. The first being that while the briefing was fairly clear, once you were actually in one of the areas of the zone it was sometimes difficult to see what you were actually supposed to be doing where and when. The second being that it seemed like the enemies were retaking the areas very quickly and without a lot of warning or info on how to prevent it from happening. This seemed to happen even when players were actively defending areas from incoming enemies.
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    The battle zone was recaptured far too quick. Other than that I enjoyed it.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I like that the layout gave some illusion of a wider flow to the battle, even while they were still just discrete capture points they weren't just sprinkled around but had a theme of containment and denial on the outer ring and engage and destroy inside.

However, the map markings don't actually seem to have anything to do with the state of the points. In the map I'm in (instance 5), I'm seeing zones marked as allied that are actually still in progress, ones showing as red that were captured, and (supremely frustrating) ones showing as contested that had no hostile ships and were still defended by the allied ships. Some of these were actually still friendly, and there was nothing to do to get them to flip friendly except wait for them to actually become contested, but worse some appeared to have reset and weren't even contested anymore but actually flipped back to hostile control (despite the friendly fleet holding it).
  • Options
    misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I agree that the zones are retaken too quickly and that there is confusion in location of the BZ.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Was an interesting test.

I agree at the moment the progression of the Battlezone is broken. Even if you captured a zone, it wouldnt register. Same with completing an instance. Once the timer was up, it didnt reset.

However, I know you devs are aware of that because you were in chat at the time.

I agree/disagree that the zones are recaptured too quickly. It could be toned down, but don't tone it down too much. I enjoyed being out flanked :)

The Tzenkethi. I think the dreanoughts and battleships could use a bit more hull health/resistance. Some of them melted too quickly. Interesting using the pilot specialization.

I quite enjoyed the asteroid towing, nice mechanic that one
    pjxgwS8.jpg