test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Season 12: Reckoning

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Season 12 is called Reckoning, and it's time for you to learn all the details of what you'll find when it launches for PC on the 26th!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10348243-season-12:-reckoning

Comments

• lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    OMG, Thank you Cryptic Studios for new content I was awaiting more content. I am enjoying this thank you.

I will be having fun with Season 12: Reckoning.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • robertjenkinsrobertjenkins Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    OMG is that a T6 VESTA / AVENTINE?!! just by looking at the saucer; you can tell it has the aux cannon ports, and its shaped just like the T5, so my guess is that the ship pictured MIGHT be the TIER 6 VESTA / AVENTINE! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10348243-season-12:-reckoning
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    And we're getting a T6 Lukari science vessel and kit crafting. Cool.
  • pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Will there be ground queues at some point?
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Another reputation grind :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    OMG is that a T6 VESTA / AVENTINE?!! just by looking at the saucer; you can tell it has the aux cannon ports, and its shaped just like the T5, so my guess is that the ship pictured MIGHT be the TIER 6 VESTA / AVENTINE! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10348243-season-12:-reckoning

Ehhh. Looks like the underside of the Pathfinder class (T6 Intriped) that's already in the game to me.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Not fond of the Perfectworld press release format for the announcement. I'm a player, not a stockholder.

Still, Wasn't expecting a new Season until spring, so I'm digging this. New story content is always welcomed as is the expansion of Alpha Quadrant space.

Thanks in advance for the anniversary giveaways.

All in all this looks great. New Frontiers, New Friends...New Enemies. Can't wait to see what you guys are gonna show about the Tzenkethi and the Lukari.

Huh....you may be right. Due to the navigational deflector arrangement I was just thinking it was a Chimera, but now that I'm looking at it holistically, it does appear to be in the Vesta family.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    pennylong wrote: »
    Will there be ground queues at some point?
    I would hope so... they put all this work into designing the Tzenkethi proper; it'd be a shame that we don't get to deal with dirtside outside of missions. For example, they could be added to the possible-OPFOR roster for Colony Invasion (which I think needs some attention in general, but that's a whole other thread).

While I don't know at this point what the new space queues are, I can see a ground queue being an 'adjunct' to the new battlezone - after all, part of the objectives there involve taking control of Tzenkethi facilities, so this hypothetical queue would let players step into the boots of the boarding teams which might be going into properly sweep and clear said facilities, much as 'Assault on Terok Nor' complemented 'Counterpoint'.

And yes, kit and module crafting does sound intriguing; it would be interesting to see what new opportunities that opens up.
  • freakshow046freakshow046 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    zulisvel wrote: »

Ehhh. Looks like the underside of the Pathfinder class (T6 Intrepid) that's already in the game to me.

I was going to say the same thing. It sure looks like a Pathfinder to me as well. But further investigation it looks like a cross between the two... so there is hope.

I've heard that they were having rights issues with the Vesta. From what I've read, we were lucky to even get the T5 version. And I've also heard other players saying that the Wells Temporal Science Vessel is almost identical stats-wise to what a T6 Vesta would be like. So that would be a strong indication for there not being any release of a T6 Vesta.

But hey!... I seriously hope I'm wrong and they do eventually release a one.
    signature-03.png
  • diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    its a new ship t6 vesta doesn't look like anything already out
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Possibly the T6 Assault Cruiser underbelly?

Not sure exactly but it does look slightly Vesta like.

Edit: It looks nothing like the Assault Cruiser.
    SulMatuul.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Giveaways are always welcome, especially for those who don't have the things that most people own. It is disappointing that the Anniversary ship is a cross-faction ship when there are plenty of ships that could be updated to T6 and offered up, like the Ambassador. The story doesn't sound that interesting to, at least from the little teased. A T6 Vesta would be a very welcome addition in my opinion, but it needs to not look like some crappy kitbash with Mass Effect looking elements added to it.
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User

i hope it is. does look like a cross between the veteran ship and the vesta. i hope it has some animation like the vet ship does
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    That blueshirt is so dead, he just doesn't know it yet! Lol
  • defufodefufo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    As a good Starfleet/KDF/RRF officer I kill where I'm sent.
    o:)

Space - the final frontier. These are the adventures of Tovan Khev - told by his loyal servant ... err... Commanding Officer.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Just seeing the Vesta in the artwork really has me excited, but I really shouldn't keep my hopes up. Just the other day I was contemplating getting the T5 Vesta pack well before I saw this.

Perhaps they will do another three ship pack like with the flagships last year and make the anniversary ship have a fourth console for a set with them like the Krenim Science Vessel did.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Looking forward to the new FE, so long as it isn't leading to having a war with the Tzenkethi.

Totally bored with having wars with bad guys, just to sell ships...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• noobulusprime#8572 noobulusprime Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Suggestions:
    Figure out some way to simplify in-game currency. Dilithium, EC, Zen, Lobi, etc.. Kind of a hastle having to buy a bunch of master keys to access rewards from Lock Boxes and hope for the best regarding Lobi Crystals. Maybe a place where we can buy crystals in the C-Store or what not. There's a bunch of really fun ships out there that I'm certain many players would love to try out.
    Would be fun also a Klingon vs. Hirogen Chapter or PVE ground game.
    I know that there's a contentious issue at the moment, but I'd be down for Star Trek: Prelude to Axanar on STO.
    Will there be any special stuff for Star Trek Discovery?
    Hangar pets are awesome, but eventually will we get to use our admiralty ships as in game support ships that can follow us around (also using our bridge staff to bulk up those support ships).
    Once more, all the best to everyone! Congrats on your 7th anniversary.
    Cheers to all the players, see you in game :)
    Suggestions:
    Figure out some way to simplify in-game currency. Dilithium, EC, Zen, Lobi, etc.. Kind of a hastle having to buy a bunch of master keys to access rewards from Lock Boxes and hope for the best regarding Lobi Crystals. Maybe a place where we can buy crystals in the C-Store or what not. There's a bunch of really fun ships out there that I'm certain many players would love to try out.
    Would be fun also a Klingon vs. Hirogen Chapter or PVE ground game.
    I know that there's a contentious issue at the moment, but I'd be down for Star Trek: Prelude to Axanar on STO.
    Will there be any special stuff for Star Trek Discovery?
    Hangar pets are awesome, but eventually will we get to use our admiralty ships as in game support ships that can follow us around (also using our bridge staff to bulk up those support ships).
    Once more, all the best to everyone! Congrats on your 7th anniversary.
    Cheers to all the players, see you in game :)

Missions on Farenginnar too :)
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I think that very well may be a T6 Vesta.

Think about it. Some of the prior Anniversary ships have consoles that end up being part of a 4 piece set. So with the new Lukari Sci ship being the Anniversary ship this year, it would make sense that there might be a mega-bundle coming around the same time. And since the T5 Vestas were a 3 pack, this could mean there will be a 9 pack so each faction gets 3 sci ships. So new Sci ships for Klingons and Romulans, if I'm right.

Is it going to happen that way? Time will tell, but if that artwork is a teaser then my money is on YES.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    -Would be fun also a Klingon vs. Hirogen Chapter or PVE ground game.
    -Will there be any special stuff for Star Trek Discovery?
    -Hangar pets are awesome, but eventually will we get to use our admiralty ships as in game support ships that can follow us around (also using our bridge staff to bulk up those support ships).
    -I know that there's a contentious issue at the moment, but I'd be down for Star Trek: Prelude to Axanar on STO.
    -There is already a mission about that called "Alpha"
    -They have said in the past they would like too
    -IIRc, the answer on flying ships around in a fleet style like that isn't going to happen, hence why we have the admiralty system.
    -Would never be allowed by CBS

Thanks for the info bud!! :)
    Checking that out tonight for sure
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Suggestions:

They're a "consolation prize". The only reason Lobi exists is to offset the loss of opening 99% of lockboxes. It's also easy enough to get the ships, just open the boxes and buy them with the Lobi inside. Players have all the opportunities in the world to get the ships because you can ALSO buy them off the exchange for EC from other players who have opened the boxes. You can also sell the items from the boxes you get for EC to buy a second ship off the exchange getting you TWO Lobi ships by the time you have enough Lobi for one.

You also can buy crystals from the C-store, they're called "master keys" and you use them to open a lockbox to get the crystals or R&D packs during special events like we just had.

Simplifying currency isn't the answer, learning how things work is. Don't ask for simplification if you're not willing to at least take a couple minutes to ask your fleet in game how things work.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    c18293cdc9998de570f9214e1826c8ac1478102052.png
    :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Ok, looks nice... now which side is forward on this thing? :o
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    That's not so hard to tell considering which side the trails are coming off.
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Well, thanks for the new content and ship coming up!! Now I would like to request that Kuumarke's looks remain as we've seen them in recent episodes; there seems to be a slight change for the upcoming content, unless that's a new character displayed.

Also I would like to ask that we can get a Lucari B.O. and that character bound items can be (crafted or otherwise I don't care too much about the mechanism) turned to account bound. I have a few items hanging in my inventory for years that I'm not using(and I've acquired to see what they looked like) which I've spent lobi crystals to get. OR at least an anouncement of them not being turnable in the near or far future so I will have to discard and get them again. The uncertainty on that issue is not very pleasant.

Cheers and keep up the good work(includes the foundry, which I plan to use at some point this year)!!
    Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.