test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Season announced

saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10348243-season-12%3A-reckoning

Blog announces new season, Featured Episode and start of anniversary event (with giveaways and T6 Lukari science ship, and of course - omega upgrades crafting)

Edit:
Blog states that Omega Molecule Mini-game is for crafting Kits, not upgrades, but i hope it will work for both...

Comments

• jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    looking forward to it and planning to get the ship as well didn't like it at first but I'm starting to like it and it's a sci ship
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Looking at the promo picture, that's a T6 Vesta confirmed.

wait that's a vesta I thought it was a t6 intrepid?
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Yay looking forward to being able to craft kits. At least then most of my toons will be able to finally have kit modules again after they all got deleted during the kit revamp. Seriously why didnt old kits get converted to be modular before revamping them?

Ps: Happy Anniversary :)

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Hm... maybe the T6 Vesta will be part of Megabundle, that will be completing set of space gear with the gear on Lukari ship?
    Last 4 times anniversary ships came with pieces of 2 sets of gear - one got rest pieces from anniversary Episode, the other was complementing set of gear on 3-packs ships (for each faction) from Zen-store...
    If yes, then i hope we will get a set with secondary deflector that will be equipable on any Sci ship (as a whole set, not like the one from Dyson sci-destroyers) - normally that would make it a reward from the episode - i think... the Zen-store ships set would only work on the Zen-store ships...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    New Reputation
    New Space Battlezone
    Two new PVE Queues

The thought of getting a new Crafting School to Level 20 is...

Haven't really shown much of this on Tribble with Season 12 a bit over two weeks away. Here's hoping that there will be a slew of additional fixes as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited January 2017
    jim625 wrote: »
    Looking at the promo picture, that's a T6 Vesta confirmed.

wait that's a vesta I thought it was a t6 intrepid?

Not sure - the nacelles and pylons and rear-saucer are not consistent with the Pathfinder class.

Also, i don't think it's got the Aero shuttle - it was normally somewhat visible under the saucer...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    We already have a T6 Intrepid, it's the Pathfinder.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Yeah, but theoretically it could be the Pathfinder with new ship-costume...
    Pathfinder is not Vesta, it's in the Voyager series class.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    new enemys tokick whoohoho a
    nexus.jpg

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Really hope the Omega mini-game will still work for crafting those upgrades.

That Lukari costume, along with its transparency effect, needs to be released for captains to wear.

Look forward to more end-game PvE content and a new battlezone, plus a zone expansion with hopefully more social zones.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Really hope the Omega mini-game will still work for crafting those upgrades.

That Lukari costume, along with its transparency effect, needs to be released for captains to wear.

Look forward to more end-game PvE content and a new battlezone, plus a zone expansion with hopefully more social zones.

The text says "...to construct crafting kits." It's a strange thing to call them, especially given the ability to craft actual kits is happening simultaneously, but that still sounds like the Omega upgrades.

I definitely also want the Lukari uniform, and am looking forward to the battlezone, but I have doubts about new social zones.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    xayss wrote: »
    new enemys tokick whoohoho a

Yeah, looking forward to blow those covenant ships out of the sky lol...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    This year’s anniversary event for Star Trek Online offers captains the opportunity to complete in-game missions to earn exciting rewards, including the new Tier 6 Lukari Science Vessel, which the community selected the design for last fall. Players can also participate in two daily missions (Omega Molecule Stabilization Daily and Party Patrol) to earn special rewards and play the Omega Molecule Stabilization mini-game with Q to earn materials to construct crafting kits.

Crafting kits? What's that? Does that mean they are removing Omega tech upgrades? :o

Poor wording. It's Upgrade 'kits'. They are not going to redo a mini-game and redo the Crafting 'recipes' to combine Shards, Fragments and such. Too much effort for no real gain.

What we do need is a few more Level 15 Crafting Recipes in all Schools, and a few Level 20 Recipes for those Schools to begin with. To go from 15 to 20 requires much time to begin with and there should be some 'reward' for doing so (beyond the extra +50 bonus).
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Just had a similar point in a different thread. Just imagine the fire and brimstone if people who stopped at 15 would have to grind out the last 5 levels for a couple of months(!)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I was hoping for the new battlezone to be a ground based one, over another space one, or at least maybe something like a dual space an ground battlezone. It would be interesting if they did do a dual space/ground battle-zone, which we had to either do the ground an space maps at the same time with each unlocking areas in the other, or that finishing one opens the other for use over a certain period of time. Something like a large space base that is used for weaponizing protomatter, which we need to beam onto covertly an disrupt the shield an hatch controls to gain access to the interior that houses the actual weaponized protomatter. Than we would need to fight out way around the base's interior defeating the Tzinkethi to get to the protomatter they are guarding. I like the space combat of sto, but right now we are getting a bit overloaded with space battlezones.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    It would be interesting if they did do a dual space/ground battle-zone, which we had to either do the ground an space maps at the same time with each unlocking areas in the other, or that finishing one opens the other for use over a certain period of time.

I like that concept, and wonder how difficult that kind of thing would be to code. As a comparison, it would've been nice if holding at least one artillery point in the Voth BZ allowed players to call in artillery strikes akin to the ones in the comm beacon (capture-and-hold) zones - this would be an addition to the battlefield requisition menu currently used to summon reinforcements for captured points that has a cooldown as well as a BC point cost.
    Something like a large space base that is used for weaponizing protomatter, which we need to beam onto covertly an disrupt the shield an hatch controls to gain access to the interior that houses the actual weaponized protomatter. Than we would need to fight out way around the base's interior defeating the Tzinkethi to get to the protomatter they are guarding. I like the space combat of sto, but right now we are getting a bit overloaded with space battlezones.
    Depending on the size of the installation, it could either be a battlezone in its own right, or a complementary queue (much as 'Counterpoint' is accompanied by 'Assault on Terok Nor'). If the dev team is on the ball, this could include optional tasks (remember things like 'Installation 18', 'Second Wave', and 'Facility 4028'?) that could facilitate the overall objective. Using your example: having arrived, you have to get to the protomatter cache, but there're patrols in the way. These can be avoided if you're clever (recall 'Everything Old is New'?), but if you do fight them, you have to take them out and shut off the local alarm before more arrive (something that also happens if the room you duck into is occupied). Aside from avoiding patrols, you want to search those side rooms, because that's where some of the optional objectives can be found (examples: neutralizing the security center means that you have more time to silence any local alarms that get tripped; another room might have systems key to the defense grid which is present in the antechamber to the protomatter cache proper). Bonus points to the dev team if they can include things like the following:
    • the scenario is semi-timed - a ship is scheduled to pick up a load of protomatter, and if you don't destroy the cache before it arrives, you'll have to do so while fending off the pickup team;
    • the facility has multiple caches in different areas - this really works best for a queue version; functionally it means that there are X possible layouts the players can find themselves in; each go-through picks one at random.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Bit concerned the PS4/Xbox news pages did not get this announcement I'm really hoping we dont end up getting last years Anniversary event... They gave us last years (2015) winter event and not this years one.....
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    The announcement specifically says it going to console later. Pretty much after the PC folks bug-test it with our faces ;).
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    The announcement specifically says it going to console later. Pretty much after the PC folks bug-test it with our faces ;).

Dam missed that lol but expected it.... I just hope we dont get last years event ship as I really didn't like that lol Moving from the PC has been fun but so much on the PC i miss having... Not being able to see what buffs are active and manually set powers levels being the two major annoyances.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It would be interesting if they did do a dual space/ground battle-zone, which we had to either do the ground an space maps at the same time with each unlocking areas in the other, or that finishing one opens the other for use over a certain period of time.

I like that concept, and wonder how difficult that kind of thing would be to code. As a comparison, it would've been nice if holding at least one artillery point in the Voth BZ allowed players to call in artillery strikes akin to the ones in the comm beacon (capture-and-hold) zones - this would be an addition to the battlefield requisition menu currently used to summon reinforcements for captured points that has a cooldown as well as a BC point cost.

That would be interesting, and honestly would make taking certain points more advantageous than others, outside of just how long they take to capture. Like giving each capture point a different call-in action you could do after capturing them, for instance like in the voth bz if you captured the generator point/s it might either give a constant speed increase to capturing other points in the zone, or the abiility to activate a increase to the capture speed.
    Something like a large space base that is used for weaponizing protomatter, which we need to beam onto covertly an disrupt the shield an hatch controls to gain access to the interior that houses the actual weaponized protomatter. Than we would need to fight out way around the base's interior defeating the Tzinkethi to get to the protomatter they are guarding. I like the space combat of sto, but right now we are getting a bit overloaded with space battlezones.

Depending on the size of the installation, it could either be a battlezone in its own right, or a complementary queue (much as 'Counterpoint' is accompanied by 'Assault on Terok Nor'). If the dev team is on the ball, this could include optional tasks (remember things like 'Installation 18', 'Second Wave', and 'Facility 4028'?) that could facilitate the overall objective. Using your example: having arrived, you have to get to the protomatter cache, but there're patrols in the way. These can be avoided if you're clever (recall 'Everything Old is New'?), but if you do fight them, you have to take them out and shut off the local alarm before more arrive (something that also happens if the room you duck into is occupied). Aside from avoiding patrols, you want to search those side rooms, because that's where some of the optional objectives can be found (examples: neutralizing the security center means that you have more time to silence any local alarms that get tripped; another room might have systems key to the defense grid which is present in the antechamber to the protomatter cache proper). Bonus points to the dev team if they can include things like the following:
    • the scenario is semi-timed - a ship is scheduled to pick up a load of protomatter, and if you don't destroy the cache before it arrives, you'll have to do so while fending off the pickup team;
    • the facility has multiple caches in different areas - this really works best for a queue version; functionally it means that there are X possible layouts the players can find themselves in; each go-through picks one at random.

That would be quite interesting to play thru, and other than possibly having to create a bit more code for it, just like the idea of giving each capture point a different action you could activate.

One of my favorite ideas for a battlezone is a slightly different take on the terran battlezone, but with the final part gives you more than just one objective. Like that once you capture all of the points to bring out the three bases that you would also have a singular large ship (think like the voth cathedral or city ships for size), or a fleet that warps in which would gain a different set of buffs to them based on what bases are active (things like buffs to hul/shield strength, damage buffs, control effects, and even buffs to resistance.).

Though these is also the idea of getting something like a dual space/ground battlezone that are completely tied together for aspects of their progression. Such as that to get certain things to spawn, or gain different rewards you would need to complete areas in both sides of the battlezone. Though you could complete either of them separately an spawn their respective zone boss/s, but if you wanted to gain access to a special boss that could spawn in either the ground or space battlezone than you would need to complete the zone in a specific manner. This could change what objective you need to in those battlezones, this would need to have both the ground an space battlezone tied to each other's specific zone number (like voth ground zone one would affect voth space zone one.), and than when done would give you access to a unique boss that gives the highest rewards as well as a chance at a unique reward.
    Post edited by asuran14 on
  • nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    And another space battlezone...
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    nephitis wrote: »
    And another space battlezone...
    ...that everyone will ignore because the voth BZ has much better rewards.
    This one here was started before the official thread was started, but maybe it's time to close this one...