T6 Vesta class Confirmed

reyan01
reyan01 Member Posts: 15,511 Arc User
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10348243-season-12%3A-reckoning
The ship in the picture certainly looks as if it could be a new form for the Multi-Mission Science ships line.

Edited as was proven correct
Post edited by reyan01 on

Comments

• comrademoco
    comrademoco Member Posts: 1,691 Bug Hunter
    Meh, just wait and see :)
    6tviTDx.png

• reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,511 Arc User

True. But certainly looks possible.
  • baddmoonrizin
    baddmoonrizin Member Posts: 7,448 Community Moderator
    I agree. It does look like it could be the next evolution of the Vesta class.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of PWE/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of PWE/Cryptic
    Contact Customer Support --> https://support.arcgames.com
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • sorceror01
    sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Yeah, that is definitely a next generation Multi-Mission Science Vessel.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • lnblade
    lnblade Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Interesting, looks like a Pathfinder style deflector on it. If it is a T6 Vesta, will it come in a 3 pack, and will the ships have the same specialization seating? I always thought it'd be cool to have separate intel/command/pilot (or temporal) variants.

Also, that Lukari woman's expression makes her look like someone just barged in on her in the shower.
  • saber1973a
    saber1973a Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    And most anniversary events (all 4 of the last ones) had a new ships Megabundle in Zen-Store coming, so they could prepare T6 Vesta pack as a part of it... but what would we get for KDF and Romulans?
  • lnblade
    A lot of people have wanted Vesta equivalents for the KDF and Romulans, so maybe that's finally incoming? We'll probably find out in the next week or so.
  • mustrumridcully0
    mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,958 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    Also, that Lukari woman's expression makes her look like someone just barged in on her in the shower.
    Well, it wasn't me, I am totally confident she'd look a bit more happy then.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • jorantomalak
    jorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

ok ok so i was curious what a lukari woman looked like nude, its not like i committed a crime ...uhm HEY ISNT THAT ELVIS?! *beams to his ship cloaks and warps out*
  • risian4
    risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I'm only seeing a 'Page not found'.

:/
  • mustrumridcully0
    mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,958 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Anyway, it's not a confirmation, just speculation. It could be a "fake" ship made by the artist to look Starfleet but still unspecific.

I wouldn't mind a Tier 6 Vesta, and I certainly would like some 3-pack that has a different spec for each ship, or/and having a cross-faction pack with Romulan and Klingon Vesta equivalents.

But I have some doubts they'd release a new Tier 6 Science Vessel so soon after the last, unless there has been a recent explosion in Science ship sales.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • alcyoneserene
    alcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    OP, good catch. My first thought was an artistic rendition of the Pathfinder, but on closer inspection it is indeed unique. Those warp nacelles to me suggest that's an Engineering variant.

Also the triangle UFO anniversary ship turns out to be science (!!!) so that's another little surprise that would tie in really well with a T6 Vesta/Rom/KDF pack - RIP Zen if this is all true as I can't say no to Vesta and science and hopefully Rom sci too.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • risian4
    But I have some doubts they'd release a new Tier 6 Science Vessel so soon after the last, unless there has been a recent explosion in Science ship sales.

That's possible... considering how much attention has been given and how many people are currently promoting it, I think that many more players are now realising how fun Science can be.
  • odinforever20000
    odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User

Love the new Sig..I need one..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• risian4
    Oh wait now I see the pic... hmm. Could just be a T5 Vesta with some small adaptations.

I guess we'll know in two weeks or less.
  • nikeix
    nikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    My thoughts are they put a semi-generic Federation ship in the background. Full stop.

Edit: I take it back. They put way too much effort into painting a weird deflector.

Still, not where my money would be going. I have plenty of Federation "swans" already. I'z just waiting for T6 Elachi and eventually T6 Tal Shiar adapted.
  • jorantomalak
    jorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    My thoughts are they put a semi-generic Federation ship in the background. Full stop.

We will of course see more T6 revamps in the zeni store over time, but I don't think this is secretly signaling anything.

Could certainly be wrong though. Not where my money would be going either way. I have plenty of Federation "swans" already. I'z just waiting for T6 Elachi and eventually T6 Tal Shiar adapted.

It does look like a vesta the back part of the saucer and how it blends with the hull is indicative of the vesta design , even the saucer shape is more vesta then pathfinder the back portion of the saucer is shaped more like a vesta then a pathfinder.
  • sorceror01
    sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    Oh wait now I see the pic... hmm. Could just be a T5 Vesta with some small adaptations.

I guess we'll know in two weeks or less.

It is most definitely not a T5 Vesta. The deflector dish is completely different, and the nacelles are of the more modernized, square-ish styles seen on contemporary ships like the Andormeda, Yorktown, and Sutherland classes.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • chozoelder2nd
    chozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    It's up on the Season 12: Reckoning blog.

fa984802b8eb14e9550874bd4ab620501484097553.jpg

The deflector looks like a Pathfinder's. T6 vibes all around. I hope this isn't just a "wouldn't it be cool tho?" type of concept art.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • angrybobh
    angrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Also the triangle UFO anniversary ship turns out to be science (!!!) so that's another little surprise that would tie in really well with a T6 Vesta/Rom/KDF pack - RIP Zen if this is all true as I can't say no to Vesta and science and hopefully Rom sci too.

Yep. If T6 vesta cryptic will likely get money from me. If T6 vesta with rom and KDF versions, Cryptic will definitely get my money.

That was my first thought. But, my irrational want for a t6 vesta overwhelms my normally rational mind.
  • saber1973a
    saber1973a Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The deflector looks like a Pathfinder's true, but Pathfinder got Aero shuttle thats somewhat visible under the saucer, the one in picture looks more like it would be secondary deflector in that place...
    ... and personally i would like to get my hands on T6 Vesta, and even more on KDF and Romulan counterparts... it would sure be better ship/s than last Science bundle (especially if they would put aux cannons and hangars in KDF and Rom ships too)...
    Then all i would need more is some special secondary deflector (maybe a 4 piece set - sec defl. + 3 consoles - in the new Reputation?)
  • baddmoonrizin
    baddmoonrizin Member Posts: 7,448 Community Moderator
    If we're getting a T6 Vesta 3-pack, I hope the KDF get a T6 Gorn Science Vessel 3-pack. :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of PWE/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of PWE/Cryptic
    Contact Customer Support --> https://support.arcgames.com
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • gaevsman
    gaevsman Member Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    angrybobh wrote: »

Yep. If T6 vesta cryptic will likely get money from me. If T6 vesta with rom and KDF versions, Cryptic will definitely get my money.

That was my first thought. But, my irrational want for a t6 vesta overwhelms my normally rational mind.

Yup, mee too, damn... no money again, have to buy ships!!! :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • bernatk
    bernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    A lot of people have wanted Vesta equivalents for the KDF and Romulans, so maybe that's finally incoming? We'll probably find out in the next week or so.

I will only get it if it has KDF and rom versions. Unfortunately I never got the hang of that aux cannon... so I'm skipping it if it's feddy bear only...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • angrybobh
    angrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »

I will only get it if it has KDF and rom versions. Unfortunately I never got the hang of that aux cannon... so I'm skipping it if it's feddy bear only...

The best thing to do with the aux cannons, I have found, is put them in the recycler. There is already not enough room on a sci ship for 2 and 3 set bonuses and other EQ I would consider worth using.
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I want my damn Norway...
    norway_beauty_003.jpg
    ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lnblade
    artan42 wrote: »
    I want my damn Norway...​​
    If you get a damn Norway, can I just get a regular Norway? I love the ship, but I don't think I want a damned one.
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I want my damn Norway...
    If you get a damn Norway, can I just get a regular Norway? I love the ship, but I don't think I want a damned one.

A Norway covered in the fires of hell and filled with the souls of the damned? Who would't want want that?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lnblade
    I want my damn Norway...

A Norway covered in the fires of hell and filled with the souls of the damned? Who would't want want that?​​
    It would be murder on the environmental systems trying to clean the smell of brimstone out of the ship's air. And do you know how expensive it is to keep a fire burning in space?
  • jordonbrooker#3879
    jordonbrooker#3879 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I never realised how beautiful the Vesta was until now...

Well, time to preemptively open the wallet.
    kgwcNMHqvWPLO.gif