Norway Class and T6 TOS-Movie Era Ships

Couldn't find this in the forums, but has the Norway Class ever been discussed as being introduced to STO? How about T6 versions of the Miranda, Oberth, and maybe NX-01 Enterprise?
«1

Comments

  • ketwolski#6374
    ketwolski#6374 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Heavy_Escort#Oslo_class

    Norway was introduced as the Oslo variant of that ship.

    As for a T6 NX class ship...iirc there was some chatter of a prototype flying around tribble. But I'm not 100% certain
  • nikephorus
    nikephorus Member Posts: 2,737 Arc User
    Lots of discussion on the forums about higher tier versions of the Miranda and Oberth as well as the Norway. The developers have not said anything though.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • artan42
    artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Heavy_Escort#Oslo_class

    Norway was introduced as the Oslo variant of that ship.

    Nope. The Oslo was introduced as the Oslo. The Norway is not in-game.

    It's not the same ship.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seriousxeno
    seriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    As artan42 said, the Oslo is not a Norway. It's a ship inspired by it, nothing more. Much like the Guardian was inspired by concept art for the Ambassador, doesn't make it one either.

    That being said, adding the Norway would be neat but somewhat difficult because after First Contact, its CGI model was supposedly lost, which is why it was never seen again anywhere else after that.

    More T6 TOS/TMP ships would be great. Ships like the Miranda and Oberth should have had T5s long ago, so adding those to T6 sounds like the course of action at this point. No point excluding 2 of the most commonly seen Starfleet vessels from being playable beyond rank 9. Miranda/Centaur themselves would be an instant buy for me.

    As for the NX? Why the heck not, its got its fans too and I understand them not being fully satisfied with the lookalike thats the Akira class instead.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • lnblade
    lnblade Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Heavy_Escort#Oslo_class

    Norway was introduced as the Oslo variant of that ship.

    Nope. The Oslo was introduced as the Oslo. The Norway is not in-game.

    It's not the same ship.
    Thank you. It drives me up the wall when people say the Oslo and Norway are the same ship.

    The Norway is long overdue for addition to the ship roster. Even if the original CG model was lost, we know generally what the ship looks like. All that's missing are fine details, and the devs could just make them up (since there's never really been a nice, clear, static shot of the ship in any movie or show). Or they could reference any number of other CG models produced for other games or books.
  • zerokillcf2011
    zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I love canon ships, so I would buy them just to have them. Esp since the Oberth was later seen as a test bed for state of the art tech (the Federation Phase-Cloak episode of TNG comes to mind and that was DEF an Oberth in the rock) so canon totally supports a T6 version. But, I will buy all the canon stuff if and when it comes out......
  • leemwatson
    leemwatson Member Posts: 4,624 Arc User
    Again with T6 TOS lunacy!! Sorry guys, I'm really, really beginning to become aggreved by this. It was bad enough they made the Connie T6 with it being drowned out by it's own weapons fire (Yes, I do own one!). There just is no need for them to be T6 at all! The Konnie made more sense at T6 than the Connie did because they made it viable by virtue of the fact it was way bigger than it's Prime Universe counterpart! But hey, people forget the Prime's own upgrades of those ships, especially for the Miranda which is the Akira or for some people the Nebula!

    Let's get back to completely rebalancing the game and giving loadouts that actually make engineering sense!
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • ketwolski#6374
    ketwolski#6374 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Heavy_Escort#Oslo_class

    Norway was introduced as the Oslo variant of that ship.

    Nope. The Oslo was introduced as the Oslo. The Norway is not in-game.

    It's not the same ship.

    You are correct; I read the description for the Oslo and just assumed it was an upgraded version of the Norway Class...it has some similar physical characteristics but thats it.

    #mybad.
  • jorantomalak
    jorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    jaymin2012 wrote: »
    Couldn't find this in the forums, but has the Norway Class ever been discussed as being introduced to STO? How about T6 versions of the Miranda, Oberth, and maybe NX-01 Enterprise?

    Norway : Yes

    Miranda : No

    Oberth : No

    NX-01 : Maybe
  • reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,511 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    jaymin2012 wrote: »
    Couldn't find this in the forums, but has the Norway Class ever been discussed as being introduced to STO? How about T6 versions of the Miranda, Oberth, and maybe NX-01 Enterprise?

    Norway : Yes

    Miranda : No

    Oberth : No

    NX-01 : Maybe

    There is a new and improved NX class model on Tribble, so NX class is pretty much a given at this point.
  • jordonbrooker#3879
    jordonbrooker#3879 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I'd love to see the TOS Dreadnought.

    tos_dreadnought_by_davemetlesits.jpg
    kgwcNMHqvWPLO.gif
  • baddmoonrizin
    baddmoonrizin Member Posts: 7,439 Community Moderator
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Again with T6 TOS lunacy!! Sorry guys, I'm really, really beginning to become aggreved by this. It was bad enough they made the Connie T6 with it being drowned out by it's own weapons fire (Yes, I do own one!). There just is no need for them to be T6 at all! The Konnie made more sense at T6 than the Connie did because they made it viable by virtue of the fact it was way bigger than it's Prime Universe counterpart! But hey, people forget the Prime's own upgrades of those ships, especially for the Miranda which is the Akira or for some people the Nebula!

    Let's get back to completely rebalancing the game and giving loadouts that actually make engineering sense!

    Wait. You're seriously determining a ship's T6 viability based on its size?? :D

    Sorry, Defiant. We're rescinding your T6 status, because you just don't don't "measure up".

    It made more sense before that older ship classes weren't allowed at higher tiers due to their age, but that idea has been thrown out the window. There's now no reason why there couldn't be a T6 Miranda, Oberth, or NX class ship. And in fact, these ships along with the Constitution and its variants were the only FED ships in-game that didn't have at least a T5 variant. It's high time that they got an upgrade, and this "blast from the past" theme that we've going now is the perfect time to do it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of PWE/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of PWE/Cryptic
    Contact Customer Support --> https://support.arcgames.com
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,511 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Again with T6 TOS lunacy!! Sorry guys, I'm really, really beginning to become aggreved by this. It was bad enough they made the Connie T6 with it being drowned out by it's own weapons fire (Yes, I do own one!). There just is no need for them to be T6 at all! The Konnie made more sense at T6 than the Connie did because they made it viable by virtue of the fact it was way bigger than it's Prime Universe counterpart! But hey, people forget the Prime's own upgrades of those ships, especially for the Miranda which is the Akira or for some people the Nebula!

    Let's get back to completely rebalancing the game and giving loadouts that actually make engineering sense!

    Wait. You're seriously determining a ship's T6 viability based on its size?? :D

    Sorry, Defiant. We're rescinding your T6 status, because you just don't don't "measure up".

    It made more sense before that older ship classes weren't allowed at higher tiers due to their age, but that idea has been thrown out the window. There's now no reason why there couldn't be a T6 Miranda, Oberth, or NX class ship. And in fact, these ships along with the Constitution and its variants were the only FED ships in-game that didn't have at least a T5 variant. It's high time that they got an upgrade, and this "blast from the past" theme that we've going now is the perfect time to do it.

    Ah - so THAT is why we haven't had a T6 Nova yet! It's too small! ;)
  • zerokillcf2011
    zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Again with T6 TOS lunacy!! Sorry guys, I'm really, really beginning to become aggreved by this. It was bad enough they made the Connie T6 with it being drowned out by it's own weapons fire (Yes, I do own one!). There just is no need for them to be T6 at all! The Konnie made more sense at T6 than the Connie did because they made it viable by virtue of the fact it was way bigger than it's Prime Universe counterpart! But hey, people forget the Prime's own upgrades of those ships, especially for the Miranda which is the Akira or for some people the Nebula!

    Let's get back to completely rebalancing the game and giving loadouts that actually make engineering sense!

    Sorry Kal Dano, I refuse to believe your timeshuttle is so powerful because it is small. Thus you must be weak. In the Star Trek Universe, ships were regularly upgraded with modern tech or even modified well beyond original spec. The Maquis are a perfect example, adding torpedo launchers and extra weapons hardpoints to their ships.....and they worked. The Federation had an Oberth that was a "highly advanced test vessel, with many state of the art weapons systems, some of which have been incorporated in the Enterprise" and it had the phase cloak. The Romulans had their Scout ship that was testing the interphasic cloak. Etc. Etc. Size doesn't matter in Star Trek, it has always been the mentality of the race and the Federations fixation that all ships needed to be primarily for exploration (and later had to have accomodations for families and children) Imagine how much more shielding, armor, and weapons the Ent-D could have carried if there were no families, no science labs, no HUGE SUITES for EVERY single crew member with a rank of Lt or higher. Just saying......
  • reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,511 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Again with T6 TOS lunacy!! Sorry guys, I'm really, really beginning to become aggreved by this. It was bad enough they made the Connie T6 with it being drowned out by it's own weapons fire (Yes, I do own one!). There just is no need for them to be T6 at all! The Konnie made more sense at T6 than the Connie did because they made it viable by virtue of the fact it was way bigger than it's Prime Universe counterpart! But hey, people forget the Prime's own upgrades of those ships, especially for the Miranda which is the Akira or for some people the Nebula!

    Let's get back to completely rebalancing the game and giving loadouts that actually make engineering sense!

    Sorry Kal Dano, I refuse to believe your timeshuttle is so powerful because it is small. Thus you must be weak. In the Star Trek Universe, ships were regularly upgraded with modern tech or even modified well beyond original spec. The Maquis are a perfect example, adding torpedo launchers and extra weapons hardpoints to their ships.....and they worked. The Federation had an Oberth that was a "highly advanced test vessel, with many state of the art weapons systems, some of which have been incorporated in the Enterprise" and it had the phase cloak. The Romulans had their Scout ship that was testing the interphasic cloak. Etc. Etc. Size doesn't matter in Star Trek, it has always been the mentality of the race and the Federations fixation that all ships needed to be primarily for exploration (and later had to have accomodations for families and children) Imagine how much more shielding, armor, and weapons the Ent-D could have carried if there were no families, no science labs, no HUGE SUITES for EVERY single crew member with a rank of Lt or higher. Just saying......

    You are absolutely right. Sadly, I've found over the years - from discussion here AND on other forums - that some can be very one-track minded where Starship capabilities are concerned. There seems to be a line of thought that tells some that 'USS Whatever appeared in episode blahblah and did this specific thing' and their entire viewpoint on that class of ship and it's capability is based around that appearance, regardless of later evidence to the contrary.

    You noted a good example, the USS Pegasus - it was clearly more advanced than your average Oberth class, but mention Oberth class and the one-track minded element instantly think 'small weak science ship' due to the classes previous appearances.
    And again, the USS Equinox. Mention Nova class, the USS Equinox is inevitably mentioned. It doesn't matter that we later saw another member of the class, the USS Rhode Island; a ship that had just returned from a four-year exploration mission and was assigned to undertake another. A ship that took on two Negh'Var Klingon ships single-handed, indicating tactical abilities superior to the orginal configuration.
    And the Galaxy class: I loose count of the number of times I've seen someone cite the USS Odyssey as evidence that the Galaxy class is rubbish. Yeah - lets overlook the fact that NO ship could have survived a suicide run of that nature, and the fact that the Galaxy class fought throughout the Dominion war and, so far as canon goes, sufferred no further losses.

    It's a pity really - often as case of the argument focusing so much on the negative aspect that the positive is overlooked.
  • nickcastleton
    nickcastleton Member Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    reyan01 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Again with T6 TOS lunacy!! Sorry guys, I'm really, really beginning to become aggreved by this. It was bad enough they made the Connie T6 with it being drowned out by it's own weapons fire (Yes, I do own one!). There just is no need for them to be T6 at all! The Konnie made more sense at T6 than the Connie did because they made it viable by virtue of the fact it was way bigger than it's Prime Universe counterpart! But hey, people forget the Prime's own upgrades of those ships, especially for the Miranda which is the Akira or for some people the Nebula!

    Let's get back to completely rebalancing the game and giving loadouts that actually make engineering sense!

    Sorry Kal Dano, I refuse to believe your timeshuttle is so powerful because it is small. Thus you must be weak. In the Star Trek Universe, ships were regularly upgraded with modern tech or even modified well beyond original spec. The Maquis are a perfect example, adding torpedo launchers and extra weapons hardpoints to their ships.....and they worked. The Federation had an Oberth that was a "highly advanced test vessel, with many state of the art weapons systems, some of which have been incorporated in the Enterprise" and it had the phase cloak. The Romulans had their Scout ship that was testing the interphasic cloak. Etc. Etc. Size doesn't matter in Star Trek, it has always been the mentality of the race and the Federations fixation that all ships needed to be primarily for exploration (and later had to have accomodations for families and children) Imagine how much more shielding, armor, and weapons the Ent-D could have carried if there were no families, no science labs, no HUGE SUITES for EVERY single crew member with a rank of Lt or higher. Just saying......

    You are absolutely right. Sadly, I've found over the years - from discussion here AND on other forums - that some can be very one-track minded where Starship capabilities are concerned. There seems to be a line of thought that tells some that 'USS Whatever appeared in episode blahblah and did this specific thing' and their entire viewpoint on that class of ship and it's capability is based around that appearance, regardless of later evidence to the contrary.

    You noted a good example, the USS Pegasus - it was clearly more advanced than your average Oberth class, but mention Oberth class and the one-track minded element instantly think 'small weak science ship' due to the classes previous appearances.
    And again, the USS Equinox. Mention Nova class, the USS Equinox is inevitably mentioned. It doesn't matter that we later saw another member of the class, the USS Rhode Island; a ship that had just returned from a four-year exploration mission and was assigned to undertake another. A ship that took on two Negh'Var Klingon ships single-handed, indicating tactical abilities superior to the orginal configuration.
    And the Galaxy class: I loose count of the number of times I've seen someone cite the USS Odyssey as evidence that the Galaxy class is rubbish. Yeah - lets overlook the fact that NO ship could have survived a suicide run of that nature, and the fact that the Galaxy class fought throughout the Dominion war and, so far as canon goes, sufferred no further losses.

    It's a pity really - often as case of the argument focusing so much on the negative aspect that the positive is overlooked.

    I hate these people to technically if we fooled their logic well a Nebula was destroyed by the dominion so they suck oh and the Defiant class the of the valiant oh and we see an Akira destroyed so they suck to oh a Prometheus got taken by a bunch of Romlans so that sucks ect

    Keep at it and they soon see that NO cannon ship can technically survive by their high and mighty standard.
    0bzJyzP.gif





    "It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • lnblade
    lnblade Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    reyan01 wrote: »
    ...but mention Oberth class and the one-track minded element instantly think 'small weak science ship' due to the classes previous appearances...
    Well, to be fair, how many appearances of the Oberth were there where either the crew was alive or the ship wasn't blown up? :p

    I actually wouldn't mind a T6 Oberth, if only because it would mean they'd finally fix the dual beam bank problem where the starboard beam fires from the center of the saucer. Also, I think it would be hilarious to have something as tiny as that ship go head to head with a Cube and come out on top. That ship is so small that they should let you use it in The Vault.
  • reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,511 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    lnblade wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    ...but mention Oberth class and the one-track minded element instantly think 'small weak science ship' due to the classes previous appearances...
    Well, to be fair, how many appearances of the Oberth were there where either the crew was alive or the ship wasn't blown up? :p

    I actually wouldn't mind a T6 Oberth, if only because it would mean they'd finally fix the dual beam bank problem where the starboard beam fires from the center of the saucer. Also, I think it would be hilarious to have something as tiny as that ship go head to head with a Cube and come out on top. That ship is so small that they should let you use it in The Vault.

    Probably none; the Oberth class seemed to be quite unfortunate - it's a wonder that officers assigned to them didn't resign. I mean, from their appearances, blown up, crew infected then frozen, buried in an asteriod... to name but a few!

    Anyway I'd enjoy seeing a T6 Oberth too; just not before a T6 Nova.
  • nikephorus
    nikephorus Member Posts: 2,737 Arc User
    T6 Miranda doesn't seem that crazy to me considering we saw them in great number on DS9 during the dominion war. Additionally, the release of the temporal light cruiser last year shows that the devs really don't care about the age of the ships at end game.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • mustrumridcully0
    mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,958 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    T6 Miranda doesn't seem that crazy to me considering we saw them in great number on DS9 during the dominion war. Additionally, the release of the temporal light cruiser last year shows that the devs really don't care about the age of the ships at end game.
    Then forget the Miranda and remember that we also have the Shirkar and the Centaur ship skins. These don't exist in canon and are supposed to be newer variants. And they are definitely not smaller than the Defiant.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • smokebailey
    smokebailey Member Posts: 4,434 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Again with T6 TOS lunacy!! Sorry guys, I'm really, really beginning to become aggreved by this. It was bad enough they made the Connie T6 with it being drowned out by it's own weapons fire (Yes, I do own one!). There just is no need for them to be T6 at all! The Konnie made more sense at T6 than the Connie did because they made it viable by virtue of the fact it was way bigger than it's Prime Universe counterpart! But hey, people forget the Prime's own upgrades of those ships, especially for the Miranda which is the Akira or for some people the Nebula!

    Let's get back to completely rebalancing the game and giving loadouts that actually make engineering sense!

    Sorry Kal Dano, I refuse to believe your timeshuttle is so powerful because it is small. Thus you must be weak. In the Star Trek Universe, ships were regularly upgraded with modern tech or even modified well beyond original spec. The Maquis are a perfect example, adding torpedo launchers and extra weapons hardpoints to their ships.....and they worked. The Federation had an Oberth that was a "highly advanced test vessel, with many state of the art weapons systems, some of which have been incorporated in the Enterprise" and it had the phase cloak. The Romulans had their Scout ship that was testing the interphasic cloak. Etc. Etc. Size doesn't matter in Star Trek, it has always been the mentality of the race and the Federations fixation that all ships needed to be primarily for exploration (and later had to have accomodations for families and children) Imagine how much more shielding, armor, and weapons the Ent-D could have carried if there were no families, no science labs, no HUGE SUITES for EVERY single crew member with a rank of Lt or higher. Just saying......

    You are absolutely right. Sadly, I've found over the years - from discussion here AND on other forums - that some can be very one-track minded where Starship capabilities are concerned. There seems to be a line of thought that tells some that 'USS Whatever appeared in episode blahblah and did this specific thing' and their entire viewpoint on that class of ship and it's capability is based around that appearance, regardless of later evidence to the contrary.

    You noted a good example, the USS Pegasus - it was clearly more advanced than your average Oberth class, but mention Oberth class and the one-track minded element instantly think 'small weak science ship' due to the classes previous appearances.
    And again, the USS Equinox. Mention Nova class, the USS Equinox is inevitably mentioned. It doesn't matter that we later saw another member of the class, the USS Rhode Island; a ship that had just returned from a four-year exploration mission and was assigned to undertake another. A ship that took on two Negh'Var Klingon ships single-handed, indicating tactical abilities superior to the orginal configuration.
    And the Galaxy class: I loose count of the number of times I've seen someone cite the USS Odyssey as evidence that the Galaxy class is rubbish. Yeah - lets overlook the fact that NO ship could have survived a suicide run of that nature, and the fact that the Galaxy class fought throughout the Dominion war and, so far as canon goes, sufferred no further losses.

    It's a pity really - often as case of the argument focusing so much on the negative aspect that the positive is overlooked.

    fDgPwI5.jpg
    Well said, sir. B)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • nikephorus
    nikephorus Member Posts: 2,737 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    T6 Miranda doesn't seem that crazy to me considering we saw them in great number on DS9 during the dominion war. Additionally, the release of the temporal light cruiser last year shows that the devs really don't care about the age of the ships at end game.
    Then forget the Miranda and remember that we also have the Shirkar and the Centaur ship skins. These don't exist in canon and are supposed to be newer variants. And they are definitely not smaller than the Defiant.

    The Centaur is actually a canon ship. It was in an episode of DS9.

    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/A_Time_to_Stand_(episode)
    Tza0PEl.png
  • smokebailey
    smokebailey Member Posts: 4,434 Arc User
    And also, to those who got problems with either small ships being butt kickers, or having old ships be butt kickers....



    .....Star Wars, were both Death Stars, which were huge doomsday weapons, destroyed by the biggest, most new ship the rebels had in their collection?


    Nope, blown up first by a farm boy in a small fighter, and second time by Billy Dee Williams in a decades old freighter.


    ~sits down and munches on an oatmeal omelette~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,511 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    nikephorus wrote: »
    T6 Miranda doesn't seem that crazy to me considering we saw them in great number on DS9 during the dominion war. Additionally, the release of the temporal light cruiser last year shows that the devs really don't care about the age of the ships at end game.
    Then forget the Miranda and remember that we also have the Shirkar and the Centaur ship skins. These don't exist in canon and are supposed to be newer variants. And they are definitely not smaller than the Defiant.

    The Centaur is actually a canon ship. It was in an episode of DS9.

    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/A_Time_to_Stand_(episode)

    Yeah, and by all accounts it seemed like a fairly capable ship - at least en-par to a Jem Hadar Attack Ship (but evidence suggested not capable enough to directly combat three of them).
  • reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,511 Arc User
    coolbatman wrote: »
    just so y'all remember that a lot of mirandas during the dominion conflict were pulled out of mothballs , overhauled and sent to the front line in less time than it takes to build a hull from scratch, i'm just suprised that more constitution II's (TMP/TWoK) and excelsiors weren't given the same treatment, and maybe they did but were sent elsewhere......

    We can only assume. I could be that they were, as you say, deployed elsewhere. It could be that there were simply not enough of them left.

    We pretty much know that one fought at Wolf-359 so it does seem somewhat evident that Starfleet will deploy just about anything that can fire phasers/torpedoes - just look at some of the kitbashes they used; in my opinion there wouldn't be any need to deploy Frankenstein ships if they hadn't exhausted their 'back catalouge' first.
  • seriousxeno
    seriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    If we truly stick with some people's logic, then ships like the Bug Ship and B'rel shouldn't be anywhere T5/6 either. They blew up even faster* than Mirandas, and yet, everyone cried for joy when they got their playable Tier 5/6s. Hypocrisy much?

    T6 Bug ships swoop in, FAW a level 60 Borg Cube NPC plus escorts away within seconds: no one bats an eye.

    T1 Light Cruiser barely manages to take on a single Klingon cruiser NPC in the tutorial, involving a lengthy confrontation: everybody loses their minds.

    Also I very much support a T6 Nova. Remember loving to fly the T5U one, but the Palisade kind of won me over upon its release since.

    *the only ones which didn't had plot armor
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • valoreah
    valoreah Member Posts: 11,007 Arc User
    Well said, sir. B)

    Ugh... again with the pre-pubescent masturbatory image spam...

    nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • smokebailey
    smokebailey Member Posts: 4,434 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Well said, sir. B)

    Ugh... again with the pre-pubescent masturbatory image spam...

    nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

    Not my problem if you don't like it. not going to convert to puritan or something for your benefit, sir. ~curtsy~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • potasssium
    potasssium Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    I'd like a T6 Heavy Cruiser Constellation/Stargazer/Cheyenne/dakota class or the New Orleans

    But the Stargazer/Constellation is just post movie era.
    Thanks for the Advanced Light Cruiser, Allied Escort Bundles, Jem-Hadar Light Battlecruiser, and Mek'leth
    New Content Wishlist
    T6 updates for the Kamarag & Vor'Cha
    Heavy Cruiser & a Movie Era Style AoY Utility Cruiser
    Dahar Master Jacket