test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tony Todd

Wow, this is really cool news! If I read the article correctly, it'll be a long story arc too. I'm really interested to see who else they bring in to reprise their roles.

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10340843-tony-todd-joins-star-trek-online

Comments

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Would be so awesome if they could bring some of the other TNG stars into the game. Picard is retired and Data is still missing in our timeline but now-captain Crusher or La Forge are real possibilities.

Or perhaps we'll see the Titan, with Riker and Troi. Since we seem to be going back to exploring again, I think it's a real possibilty. In some of the novels, even after the Borg incursion of 2381, one of the first things the Federation President did was to send it away, exploring again.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    Data isn't missing, he's a professor at Cambridge.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    That was a possible future. He is referencing the 'Path to 2409' which is the basis for the game's point in time (though it has since move on considerably).
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Beverly has the rank of Captain, regardless of having a ship to command
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    nccmark wrote: »
    We have no idea that she does.

Given how long she has been at Starfleet Medical HQ, combined with how long she has served previously, its VERY VERY unlikely she isn't admiral rank by now.

hell we managed cadet to fleet admiral in less than 2yrs
  • bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I want him in the game as candy man

candyman-tony-todd.jpg
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017
    I don't know where anyone got the idea Data is missing, but it is fundamentally false.

I think before they revamped the Undine arc, in game lore or some other game lore source listed the Enterprise-E as MIA after investigating reports of Undine activity, and Data was Captain at the time.

Anyways... I was actually hoping after they did that story blog for K-13 that Ezri Dax was coming in.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Very happy to see Tony Todd in STO, the man is one of my absolute favorite actors of all time. The man has an absolute presence unlike anyone else, and it even shined through his heavy make-up in Voyager. His eyes are utterly haunting, and I mean that in the most heterosexual way possible.

Which is actually one of my favorite Trek memories of Todd. The Hirogen as a whole were one of the brightest elements in Voyager, and while I've heard Mr. Todd had some trouble with the make-up/prosthetic application I say it was worth it: he helped create a very distinct, memorable one-off character that exemplified one of Voyager's most memorable races. If I ever get a chance to meet him, I'll need to see if I can get a new copy of the card for the character from the Star Trek CCG (my last copies sorta burned in a house fire...) and see if he'd be willing to autograph it. And shake his hand. And probably tell him one of the main characters in a novel I'm working on looks like him in my head. I also now feel the need now to once again ask Cryptic to make the Hirogen playable so I can maybe one day make my own Tony Todd-inspired Hirogen to explore the galaxy with.

Outside of that, Kurn was always a very memorable character when he popped up (and Todd and Dorn had wonderful chemistry), and "The Visitor" is hands down one of the best episodes in all of Star Trek (Brooks, Todd, and Lofton all brought their A-game in that one).

Just overjoyed to see this. Tony Todd, you're a truly amazing actor and I can't thank you enough for lending your talent to STO.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    nccmark wrote: »
    We have no idea that she does.

Given how long she has been at Starfleet Medical HQ, combined with how long she has served previously, its VERY VERY unlikely she isn't admiral rank by now.

hell we managed cadet to fleet admiral in less than 2yrs
    In the other hand, it took a while for poor Harry Kim to get promoted despite saving the day a couple of times.

Even in STO, he kinda doesn't get the respect he deserves if you think hard about it. He greatly helped solve the Kobali mystery and got reprimanded for trying to violate the Prime Directive as a result, he's the only one talking to you with respect while everyone orders you around, Jhet'leya talks to him like a bitter ex despite the fact he's right, he's assigned to the only Elite-exclusive PVE queue, during the forming of the Alliance he's assigned to recruit the one species the Borg refuses to assimilate and a good chunk of said species ends up betraying him anyway.

No, really, I'm surprised he wasn't demoted for simply surviving the Iconian War.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    Would be so awesome if they could bring some of the other TNG stars into the game. Picard is retired and Data is still missing in our timeline but now-captain Crusher or La Forge are real possibilities.

Or perhaps we'll see the Titan, with Riker and Troi. Since we seem to be going back to exploring again, I think it's a real possibilty. In some of the novels, even after the Borg incursion of 2381, one of the first things the Federation President did was to send it away, exploring again.
    nynik wrote: »
    That was a possible future. He is referencing the 'Path to 2409' which is the basis for the game's point in time (though it has since move on considerably).
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Data isn't missing, he's a professor at Cambridge.

What @Bluedarky said.

The offical STO short story "Unexpected Honor", published in the Star Trek magazine back in May 2012, has Va'Kel Shon going to oxford on Earth to talk to Data after being command of the Enterprise because he feels he isn't suited to be captain, while he believes Data is the "rightful" captain of the new Enterprise.

I don't know where anyone got the idea Data is missing, but it is fundamentally false.

Also, @risian4 Beverly Crusher isn't a captain, and hasn't been for several years. She moved back to being the head of Starfleet medical on Earth just a few months after Picard retired and moved back to Earth.

It's also worth noting that at the time the Enterprise-E was under Data his first officer was Nog, Starfleet's first Ferengi officer and key character during the Iconian War.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    I wish they let Mr Todd do the VO work on Mr Bonnie Kin from "what lies beneath" and channel the candyman a little , because that would be the single most wicked mission in the game, and would be worth the replay value :)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I enjoyed Tony Todd's performance on TNG and felt that his style of speech and his body language were perfect for a Klingon. It's great news to find out that he'll be joining the cast for STO. Just awesome!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    rattler2 wrote: »

I think before they revamped the Undine arc, in game lore or some other game lore source listed the Enterprise-E as MIA after investigating reports of Undine activity, and Data was Captain at the time.

Anyways... I was actually hoping after they did that story blog for K-13 that Ezri Dax was coming in.

The Enterprise being lost was a player assumption. What the Path to 2409 said (from the accolades, which reproduce the original website text that's been taken down years ago) is "After Starfleet lost contact with Starbase 236 in late September, it sent the U.S.S. Enterprise-E to investigate," followed by a random character quote about whether it's related to the war or something else.

Not an entirely unreasonable player assumption, since there's no follow up in Path to 2409 and the Enterprise was conspicuously absent throughout the first two years the game was out, and then the Enterprise-F came as if out of nowhere in the third FE series. But it was still an assumption, since that follow up never came.
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    didn't data get blown up?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    bwleon7 wrote: »
    I want him in the game as candy man

candyman-tony-todd.jpg

Am I mentally disturbed for wanting Candyman to sing the Candy Man song or would it be one of the funniest things ever?