test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Toons on account seeing email

architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
Can all your toons see all the mail in the mailbox? If so, they also have access to all the attachments? However, items returned from the exchange are returned to individual toons? -- meaning other toons can see the exhange email but not the returned item? I have played the game quite a while but I am trying to figure out some email/ exchange issues.
Have you tried the new forum on your phone?

Comments

• Options
    tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Generally this is correct you can see mail across the whole account but items/attachments are only able to be retrieved by the specific toon they were addressed, the exception being if you are both the sender and receiver in which case you can open your own attachment on whatever toon you what in which case I personally label the subject as for TRIBBLE toon so I don't get confused when mailing doors between characters.
  • Options
    Sorry doffs not doors
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Other characters on the account do not see the exchange sold and expired emails, only the character who posted the items.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    So if you clear out expired Exchange postings (with items) from your mailbox, you are only clearing them out for one toon? In doing so you are creating cap space -- the cap being 40 items (Exchange and mail total) per toon?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    You should be able to clear an exchange posting <that an item sold> from any,toon. You should only be able to claim or clear a returned item from the specific character that posted the item <or form the account level once the item is claimed, if you switch toons>
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    tygerzz wrote: »
    You should be able to clear an exchange posting <that an item sold> from any,toon. You should only be able to claim or clear a returned item from the specific character that posted the item <or form the account level once the item is claimed, if you switch toons>

On PC? I sell crafted stuff and VR loot drops on the exchange daily and I do NOT see "item sold on the exchange" emails until I log into that specific character.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    As Dave said. Item sold and item returned emails only show up for that specific toon. It has been a long time since I received one, but certain system messages (from Cryptic/Arc) specific to one toon I believe also only show for that toon. Everything else shows for all toons on an account, which, if you are like a lot of us and have a large number of toons, is a nice feature as you don't have to log into each and every toon to check for messages.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    I stand corrected you can not see items sold account wide just on the character level.
  • Options
    jacktantojacktanto Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    and if you play neverwinter or champions online :P dont be surprised to get guild emails from there too XD when i played them i was in a custom channel and i could even see that in all 3 games XD was kinda confusing the first time, havent seen it lately though so it might have been fixed hehe.