test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disruptors and damage

timonicustimonicus Member Posts: 89 Arc User
I am thinking of going for disruptors. I have a few from episodes. The resonant set, terrain from rep, naasican set. Will be augmenting the rest with coalition. As some of the console's with the sets provide damage bonuses, my question is should I just have locators or is the sets bonuses better in the same tac slots, also what is the difference between cat 1 and cat 2 damage? I appreciate any help

Comments

• Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Cat1 is redundant, as it is basically the BASE damage of a weapon before buffs. Usually, you'd be fine with 1-3x tac consoles and 4-5x fleet science plasma exploders (these outDPS the tac consoles). Cat2 is a bonus after the buffs, so basically it affects your base+buff damage. And yes, you should commit to Locators, there is proven math behind of this.
    One thing I should note, however, all the sets but stacking Coalition/regular Disruptor + Terran reputation beam are worthless. You either want regulars [Pen] with Crtd/Dmg, or at least Crtd2 Dmg2 Coalition. For the rest it's kinda meh. Stacking up Coalition procs is super cool.
  • Options
    So ignore the set bonuses of the disruptors, go coalition with those prices and get the fleet nullifiers. Is the resonant console with the armour pen worth keeping?
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    timonicus wrote: »
    So ignore the set bonuses of the disruptors, go coalition with those prices and get the fleet nullifiers. Is the resonant console with the armour pen worth keeping?

Most people have a hard time justifying that console in a Tac console slot..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    timonicus wrote: »
    No, not worth it. A spire console would do better. If only the console was engineering...
  • Options
    Cool thanks for the advice need two more spire console's then. How much roughly are those coalition disruptors with the CrtD 2 and dmg 2 mods on the exchange? I would guess alot as they are desirable?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Crtd2 Dmg2 are somewhat between 70-100mil per beam array, depending on the supply and availability. So you probably want some other mods mixed in, such as Crth, unless you are feeling just about right to spend big cash on that. As long as it's not [Acc].
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    A quick note about WHY you're avoiding [Acc]. If you're using beams, you're going to use Beam: Fire at Will. That ability has a bug where "accuracy overflow" -- the bonus to crit chance and crit magnitude you get from having more than 100% accuracy -- is lost while using BFAW.
  • Options
    soludor#8348 soludor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Or just go with crtd/dmg + pen normal disruptors, they are normaly way cheaper to obtain and they are doing the same job.
  • Options
    soludor#8348 soludor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Or just go with crtd/dmg + pen normal disruptors, they are normaly way cheaper to obtain and they are doing the same job.

Those generally cost even MORE then the crtd/dmg weapons. But you can craft and roll the dice yourself. It's not too expensive to grab a experimental superior upgrade along with the 1.5x rarity increase change and use one to go for epic. It should give you one rarity upgrade once every 3 tries or so according to the odds...but like most RNG, it seems to happen in spurts.

You could craft them yourself, start with mk ii weapons. there are 3 different start weapons (crtdx2 pen, crtd dmg pen and dmgx2 pen) you could start with. And since you want an additional crtd or dmg proc (thats 2 procs out of 4 possible) the chance is not that bad to get what you want. Only thing you need is experimental/omega tech + 1.5x or 2x quality improvement accelerator and upgrade them from mk ii => mk vii/viii. in case they dont jump or are wrong => give them away/sell them and in case you got a good mod => yay continue
  • Options
    Pointless to craft regular weapons with no PEN, even critted to Crtd x4. This junk is cheap on exchange.