test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plasmonic leech

Where is this console from the wiki site doesnt list it and i cant find it out

Comments

• tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Klingons from the ship,store. Naussian raider I believe. For federation from a lock box, usually an infinity lock box these days.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    gweel9 wrote: »

I have 7 Leeches (from the pre-loadout era). Wish I could give one of those to you, but they're bound. :(

If they're no longer on Exchange, then I dread to think what they're going for, these days.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    They are below 4m EC at exchange currently. Apart from that, they are a drop from Tal Shiar/Infinity Lockboxes.
    And I bought mine for ~60m (before Infinity Box). shudders
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    tygerzz wrote: »
    Klingons from the ship,store. Naussian raider I believe. For federation from a lock box, usually an infinity lock box these days.

there is no naussian raider, it's on the Vandal Destroyer a t-3 kdf ship for kdf aligned character and from the Console Pack - Ionized Gas Sensor / Plasmonic Leech for fed aligned.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Paid 4 mill for mine from the exchange last week. One thing I'm noticing that is there are getting to be so many "must have" consoles you barely have room for anything else these days.

* leech console
    * Borg console for crits
    * Rom console for crits
    * Fleet embassy consoles
    * Lobi console for more crits

The list goes on. One of these days I'm going to glue two ships together with elmers for extra console slots.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    nimbull wrote: »
    One thing I'm noticing that is there are getting to be so many "must have" consoles you barely have room for anything else these days.

* leech console
    * Borg console for crits
    * Rom console for crits
    * Fleet embassy consoles

The list goes on. One of these days I'm going to glue two ships together with elmers for extra console slots.

That's how opportunity cost systems work :). When you have more good (or even great) choices than you can make, the difference between the first and eleventh draft pick starts to dwindle.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    If energy weapons aren't you primary concern thats more or less true, hell if beams aren't your primary concern its basically true. However its a nice power bolst to have for all your systems.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User

does too.. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Plasmonic_Leech

Also states where it can be found lockbox and Ship wise for kdf.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Paid 4 mill for mine from the exchange last week. One thing I'm noticing that is there are getting to be so many "must have" consoles you barely have room for anything else these days.

* leech console
    * Borg console for crits
    * Rom console for crits
    * Fleet embassy consoles

If I put every must have +Drain item on my ship, I'd get somewhere close to 750 drain skill while killing one awesome drain ability from a console at the same time.

• nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    leech console is over rated and isn't worth putting on a ship over a dozen or so other consoles

It is not overrated once you start piling up on that Drain Expertise. It can add ~25 power levels for all four systems if you have enough Drain Expertise.
    One thing I'm noticing that is there are getting to be so many "must have" consoles you barely have room for anything else these days.

* leech console
    * Borg console for crits
    * Rom console for crits
    * Fleet embassy consoles

That's a very solid list of consoles. However, while critical builds are extremely good and might be the most natural and obvious choice to go for, some of these consoles can be foregone in favor of more power, EPS and turn rate etc.

For example, the Romulan and Embassy consoles can be replaced with other equally good consoles if presented with that opportunity and if applied for the right purpose. I don't disagree that the Romulan is an excellent console. After all, it does add both power levels and critH. Though I personally think that the +2 power levels can easily be gained elsewhere, and the additional minor CritH makes the consoles rather expensive to use in terms of slot occupation and yield. But that's just what I think.

As for the Embassy console, I think its status as a must-have item may have expired long ago. It's not a bad console by any means but I personally never noticed the -Threat thing. The additional Drain Expertise is most definitely good and puts this console high on the list in that respect. However, I personally never thought that the "explosive" ability it applies to your weapons gave the console a high value above other equally good or more useful consoles.

The Borg console is outright damn good. I can completely agree with this. Though I must say that I was able to replace it and the Lobi Tachyon console with two of the Xenotech consoles for extra power transfer, armor penetration and reduced cooldowns for special BOFF abilities. Perhaps not the most obvious choice but it provided very interesting yields.

Naturally it lowered my CritH and CritD but I've been turning my focus away from a crit build. Instead I am now focusing on power transfer rate (EPS), maintaining as high consistent damage as possible with good power management and high raw damage, and using armor penetration as a replacement for CritD.

This reply merely serves as information for other potential consoles that could be slotted instead.

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    reyan01 wrote: »
    leech console is over rated and isn't worth putting on a ship over a dozen or so other consoles

Although I am repeating what others have said, I'd have to also disagree. The leech is pure awesome on a Science ship with a drain focus.

I think so as well. One does not only should think about weapons power when it comes to the leech as all four subsystems gain more power. The leech not only makes one stronger but also faster and more durable at the same time.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • gweel9gweel9 Member Posts: 20 Arc User

Yeah the page was very recently updated. When i made the thread it wasnt there that was the first place I looked lol. I know how to play MMOs just cuz im on console doesnt mean im special.
  • letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Yeah the page was very recently updated. When i made the thread it wasnt there that was the first place I looked lol. I know how to play MMOs just cuz im on console doesnt mean im special.

Latest revision September 2016 (and the info on how to aquire it was added way before that), question asked January 2017, when did you look at it again?

• sabreracer#4622 sabreracer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    nephitis wrote: »

As for the Embassy console, I think its status as a must-have item may have expired long ago. It's not a bad console by any means but I personally never noticed the -Threat thing. The additional Drain Expertise is most definitely good and puts this console high on the list in that respect. However, I personally never thought that the "explosive" ability it applies to your weapons gave the console a high value above other equally good or more useful consoles.

The Plasma Embassy Consoles usefulness is not about the +/- Threat but about the Plasma damage direct to hull bypassing shields. It is ofc only 2.5% chance, but with a meta build spraying FAW the proc is pretty frequent especially with multiple consoles and at Epic quality the additional damage can be substantial. Depending on build focus, additional sources of DrainX and EPG are usually welcome.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User

Latest revision September 2016 (and the info on how to aquire it was added way before that), question asked January 2017, when did you look at it again?

LOL Riiight!? And in Sept the only change was an Icon update (added Aoy Icon)..Lolz

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I'm so glad all these veteran players can be so mature and welcoming to the new player. I mean, gee, with a reception like that I'm sure they'll be so eager to ask questions in the future.

Don't sweat it gweel9. You'll get the hang of the wiki.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Although I am repeating what others have said, I'd have to also disagree. The leech is pure awesome on a Science ship with a drain focus.

I think so as well. One does not only should think about weapons power when it comes to the leech as all four subsystems gain more power. The leech not only makes one stronger but also faster and more durable at the same time.

Leech ensures you pretty much have all your systems at 100% (Fed) permanently. It helps tremendously with everything, including a2b (or just your aux in general: think Nukara Offensive and Sci). And, lest we forget, it drains your target too (although, mysteriously, you can keep 'taking' from an NPC, even beyond where it would be drained; and sometimes they don't seem to drain at all; but you *always* get your power, regardless).

The Supremacy Trait can take over some of the role of the Leech, but the latter is still stronger. And for pure awesomeness, combine the two! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Leech is the bees knees. Useful on a lot of builds. Anyone who says otherwise be delusional.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The Plasmonic Leech is definitely worth having on a ship since it boosts all subsystem power levels when firing energy weapons by draining energy from your enemies making them weaker. It's effectiveness can be improved by allocating skill points to drain in the science skill tree. Flow cap consoles also helps as well and any console with the [Drain] mod too.

The Leech is really inexpensive nowadays. As of last night it was selling for just under 3.5m EC. At this time last year Leeches were probably selling for at around 65m EC on the Exchange. That changed when Cryptic released the Infinity Lock Box in the latter half of 2016. As mentioned above, the Console Pack that rewards the Plasmonic Leech only applies to Federation / Romulan-Federation characters. KDF and Romulan-KDF captains will get an Ionized Gas Sensor so the only way to get for thoe captains is to purchase the T3 Vandal Destroyer from the C-Store for 1,000 Zen (800 Zen with 20% sale).

A Plasmonic Leech is optional for Fed and KDF captains, but it is more or less a required console for Romulan captains flying a Romulan starship since the Singularity Core converts power into Singularity Abilities. That basically means Romulan ships only have 160 points of power that can be allocated to the subsystems rather than 200 points of power. The exceptions would be the T5 Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer and T5 Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser. The 31st century cross faction temporal ships do not count since they are not of Romulan design.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    I'm so glad all these veteran players can be so mature and welcoming to the new player. I mean, gee, with a reception like that I'm sure they'll be so eager to ask questions in the future.

I agree with you completely.

Gweel9 don't let the sarky posts worry you. It's standard in this community. You learn to ignore it.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Agreed.. classy guys.. real classy.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User

Cute, but let's get the facts right before we dial up the self-righteousness up to 11 and grab the pitchforks, okay?

player asks a question
    makes a false statement regarding the wiki
    gets proven wrong and gets a link with no insults thrown around
    gets huffy, makes another false statement and says QUOTE: "I know how to play MMOs just cuz im on console doesnt mean im special."
    gets proven wrong again, again no insults thrown around

So what is the problem here? His question was answered, he got even more information than he asked for and he got links to the information he looked for.
    I'll just add: "As the question, so the answer".

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    @bubbahotep#3025 hah I'm sure there are more than a few who do, but that slight at my expense doesn't make what I said false. While there are now more ways then in the past to increase energy levels plasmonic is still one of the easiest and cheapest for common energy damage builds.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Or they just understand the game better

Or they think they understand the game better because they found their build without leech, ignoring the fact that there are multiple builds out there which can take great advantage of said console.

With the low price thanks to infinity, I would suggest to get one for each toon on the Fed side when you can afford it. It is a very nice console, capable of boosting many builds. It is also comparatively easy to handle - it is a passive and even without thinking too much about synergies it gives a good boost to almost any loadout. Many of other good or even better consoles require a deeper understanding of builds, so it will help you while still learning. I would also get the Vandal, which additionally has a nice admiralty card for its level, if you're willing to dish out the money or go the dil->zen way, and then get a free leech for every KDF toon.

Do not think, however, that this console (or anything else) is a "must have" - if you find a working build without it, don't try to slot it in, just be happy that you have a solid build.

And generally beware of anybody telling you anything in this game is either a "must have" or "TRIBBLE". Nothing is the former, almost nothing the latter. Even if things are obviously worse, the difference in the result may not be as large as the difference in input. These are usually people who have a single mind about how to build and are staying inside their box out of which they cannot think.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Leech is the bees knees. Useful on a lot of builds. Anyone who says otherwise be delusional.

Or they just understand the game better

Leech is down to about 4M on the exchange which makes it one of the best 'bang for the buck' consoles in the game.

To say there are 'over a dozen' other consoles that are better is just silly. There are other great consoles, sure.. but the Leech is great on almost any build (doesn't do much on Torp Boats obviously) while many of the other great universals are situational depending on build style.

You're just shooting your mouth off and then trying to defend it by pretending you have some great knowledge no one else has. While the leech is not as vital as it used to be, it's still one of the top consoles in the game. Believe otherwise if you wish, but don't go pretending you're some expert that understands the game so much better then everyone else.

You're not impressing anyone.
    Insert witty signature line here.