test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My first foundry endeavor "Do No Harm"

This is my first foundry mission. If anyone would give some constructive criticism I'd really appreciate it.

"Do No Harm" - A Federation criminal is being extradited from the Kobliad Homeworld, but someone else wants the prisoner for a darker purpose.

Mission Name: Do No Harm
Author: @rancidmojo
Allegiance: Starfleet
Project #: ST-HEK948EGG

Comments

• theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    I really enjoyed this one. I couldn't give it a rating to help it out of the review stage at this point, but I would be happy to play it again when the rating system is back up.
  • rancidmojo#7824 rancidmojo Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Thanks! I was afraid that that the DS9 references to the Kobliad were too much...but I didn't want to "over-exposition" the dialogue.
  • gusardgusard Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Rancidmojo...

That was a fantastic episode dude!! If the rating system were up I would easily give it 4 stars. The story line was great overall the graphics and your work on the various maps was excellent amount of NPC action and hostile NPC placement was good. The difficulty of the enemies was just perfect for me...no cake walk for sure...but also no suicide mission either. By all means please keep them coming. Now for some detailed observations and criticisms.
    I am partial to the DS9 map and thought that was a good choice for a place to start. I thought your directions to the briefing were excellent. However I still had trouble finding it as you have to be right on top of the airlock to trigger the mission (granted it was 6am when I played through it). A new or novice player might get frustrated and drop the mission. Perhaps another start off point within the station may be considered.

The transporter room 2 map was excellent. I loved the lighting and the metallic looking walls. Your use of triggers and beaming in effects was excellent and all of them were well placed on this map. I thought I saw a place or two on this map that had that graphical hiccup when two walls are occupying the same space. I noticed it most when you are running around trying to get systems back on line in your ship. I find that adding .0001 to the x,y, or z axis of the particular wall or object will stop that from occurring.

Your dialogue was fantastic....exactly as I like it personally. You do an excellent job of making the NPCs and bridge officers come to life and seem real. The sense of urgency you create during the mission is beyond excellent.

The ground NPC placement was excellent. With the exception of the one very looooonnngggg and empty hallway near the end, I wouldn't change a thing in that regard.

A fantastic episode. Definitely worthy of submission for the spotlight missions
    Post edited by gusard on
  • tjsinclairtjsinclair Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I played through this one a couple of days ago... Excellent job, especially for a first mission, pretty much echoing all the sentiments above. :)
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    I remembered to replay this again yesterday. It's a fine first mission, and the rating that I left reflects that. I urge others to play it so that it gets out of the review tab. :)
  • rancidmojo#7824 rancidmojo Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I resubmitted this mission again, I hope it is enjoyed.