test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Wars (RP Thread)

Comments

• galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Ahh...
    Nothing like running around the MU while wearing a festive Federation holiday sweater.
    It was another fun adventure.
    It was confusing, for me, to have two Paris's on screen at the same time. I kept trying to click on the wrong one.
    It was rather dark in the caves, I had to readjust my lighting setting so I could see.
    And at the end I was being attacked the moment we appeared to make the run to the temporal portal and when trying to talk to the Enterprise at the end to exit.
    But still a lot of fun
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I went through with a red Light Bat'leth :D
    Strong in the dark side I am.

My team was
    1 Terran
    2 Romulans
    1 Orion
    1 Betazoid
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
      galatt wrote: »
      Ahh...
      1) Nothing like running around the MU while wearing a festive Federation holiday sweater.
      2) It was another fun adventure.
      3) It was confusing, for me, to have two Paris's on screen at the same time. I kept trying to click on the wrong one.
      4) It was rather dark in the caves, I had to readjust my lighting setting so I could see.
      5) And at the end I was being attacked the moment we appeared to make the run to the temporal portal and when trying to talk to the Enterprise at the end to exit.
      But still a lot of fun

1) I should have made it snow :'(
      2) wooo!!!
      3) Where were they together? I deliberately had Ena drag the white spotted ones away to avoid the confusion of having both present.
      4) I'll try and place some light props around to give better visibility.
      5) Fixed ... the npcs are set to de-spawn after the portal objective is complete.
      Is part with Papela - Sito okay?

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
      thay8472 wrote: »
      Ahh...
      1) Nothing like running around the MU while wearing a festive Federation holiday sweater.
      3) It was confusing, for me, to have two Paris's on screen at the same time. I kept trying to click on the wrong one.
      4) It was rather dark in the caves, I had to readjust my lighting setting so I could see.
      5) And at the end I was being attacked the moment we appeared to make the run to the temporal portal and when trying to talk to the Enterprise at the end to exit.
      But still a lot of fun

2) wooo!!!
      3) Where were they together? I deliberately had Ena drag the white spotted ones away to avoid the confusion of having both present.
      5) Fixed ... the npcs are set to de-spawn after the portal objective is complete.
      3. I meant having my Paris and the other together.
      That's fine. In fact would you object to Sito's mother being Prime Papela's first officer?
      \
      Ahh...
      But still a lot of fun

2) wooo!!!
      3. I meant having my Paris and the other together.
      That's fine. In fact would you object to Sito's mother being Prime Papela's first officer?
      \
      Sure.
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."

I do like the new Breen ship. :)

@galatt

Does this meet with ones approval for X crewmans?
        There is no tattoo that covers the half of the face :/ nor could I do their hands/legs ... hence the MACO gear.

Cheron.png

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!

I do like the new Breen ship. :)

@galatt

Does this meet with ones approval for X crewmans?
        There is no tattoo that covers the half of the face :/ nor could I do their hands/legs ... hence the MACO gear.

Cheron.png
        Close enough
      • zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
        edited December 2016
        @thay8472

I Have 2 character slots left On Resurgence, anyone suitable for accompanying the PC, to a far flung region of the Empire? who would be on "keep them alive" duty.

They've been sent to the location of the Empires best of the worst... Those who are barely able to enter the military.
        Essentially: your not listening to us so go here, and do something useful so we can forget about the problem you are creating.
        Why do I still play and put money into STO?
        The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
        edited December 2016
        @zionus0

Basically, it's like getting the worse troops you can think of then putting them into the meatgrinder that is the frontline. I approve, they either win or they die. It's that simple with me.

........................................................................................................................
        Sigma Draconis II surface, Stardate 2410/12 (MU)

Rear Admiral Valdez had been dispatched to Sigma Draconis II with reinforcements, Terran forces under command of General Briggs had landed 6 months earlier at the start of the civil war. The operation was supposed to take 3 week maximum, but it had turned to stalemate and command was getting inpatient.
        "Arriving in orbit of Sigma Draconis II, sir" reported Krasnova. Valdez got his teams together and beamed down to Briggs' command post.

Immediately Valdez relieved Briggs of his command by shooting him on the spot and took personal command of the siege of Sigma Draconis II, "Let that be a lesson, that man failed in his task" said Valdez, the rest of the officers in the command post soon accepted the new command. "Some one, get me some fatigues" commanded Valdez. After leaving the post to get changed, he took his position at the command table and started to redeploy his reinforcements and existing forces.

Briggs had gone with costly frontal assaults on the last traitor stronghold on the planet and it had cost too many loyalist lives, Valdez decided on a new strategy to end the siege quickly. He decided to first take the high ground around the stronghold and despatched his fresh troops to seize the high ground, within a few hours of fighting, the loyalists had reported all objectives seized.

Next Valdez then deployed his mortar battalions to the newly seized ground and within 30 minutes, they were bombarding the stronghold from all sides. Valdez now brought down the full power of the fleet above, using spotter troops Valdez called down pinpoint accurate artillery fire onto the traitor stronghold as runabouts and fighters attacked the ground defenses. Valdez kept up the bombardment for 4 long hours as the stronghold's shield generators buckled under the weight of fire.

The shield collapsed 4 hours later and soon Valdez deployed his MACOs and Omega assault marines for the final assault, Valdez would lead the attack personally. The attack went in early evening as the loyalist troops infiltrated into their attack positions before opening up hurricane bombardment from the fleet above. Valdez gave the order to attack and the MACOs and Omega assault troops stormed into the stronghold. Each compound was cleared by phaser bolt, grenade and even daggers, seeing their commander leading the attack from the front energised the loyalist troops as they pushed through remorselessly. Valdez's snipers on the hills pinned down large numbers of the traitor garrison as Valdez pushed his assault.

After 12 more hours of heavy fighting, a loyalist flag was flying over the stronghold. Valdez was sat down with the 173rd, he opened his pack and handed over a couple of bottles of whiskey to the company commanders with orders to share it with the troops. Sigma Draconis II was a loyalist victory and one of the longest of the war, but it was at a high cost in troops for both sides. The troops cheered the name "Valdez" as they were embarked. Valdez was happy, he had just gained the loyalty of the MACOs and Omega assault marines. A couple of hours later, Valdez sent his report back to imperial command. The report read "Sigma Draconis II secured, all traitor resistance wiped out." Valdez made two copies, one for imperial Command and one for Sito. "Send them" ordered Valdez.
        Post edited by theraven2378 on
        NMXb2ph.png
          zionus0 wrote: »
          @thay8472

I Have 2 character slots left On Resurgence, anyone suitable for accompanying the PC, to a far flung region of the Empire? who would be on "keep them alive" duty.

They've been sent to the location of the Empires best of the worst... Those who are barely able to enter the military.
          Essentially: your not listening to us so go here, and do something useful so we can forget about the problem you are creating.

Another Inquisitor perhaps?
          2gdi5w4mrudm.png
          Typhoon Class please!
          That would be perfect
          @thay8472

That sounds like the Prime Universe Los Lobos. As many of Starfleets problem children that could fit on a Soveriegn class starship.
          edited December 2016
          @thay8472

That sounds like the Prime Universe Los Lobos. As many of Starfleets problem children that could fit on a Sovereign class starship.

That's part normality for my crew, my crew are more like the expendables. Crazy, professional when required and they do the jobs no one else will do (both prime and mirror).

This is my misfit crew
          Mirror versions
          4 Terrans
          1 Vulcan
          2 Betazoids (One of them is Captain Teanna Valdez, she commands her husband's command ship)
          2 Romulans (They were made POW at Dewa III, they defected to the empire shortly afterwards)
          1 Voth (Discovered in a Dyson Sphere in 2409)
          2 Liberated Borg (Captured during a skirmish with an unknown probe on the Terran border and severed from the collective)
          1 Orion female (Don't ask, some poker game prize at first but given her freedom by the rear admiral. One of the male crew members keeps playing Robert Palmer's Simply Irresistible every time she walks into the mess hall)
          1 Bajoran

NMXb2ph.png
            Surprise announcement from the Admiral Sito

Mirror Wars 3 [V] has been released early ... happy new year!!!

Enjoy

Long live the Empire! O/

Edit: FU calendar .. It's Dec 30th.
            2gdi5w4mrudm.png
            Typhoon Class please!
            @thay8472

That sounds like the Prime Universe Los Lobos. As many of Starfleets problem children that could fit on a Sovereign class starship.

That's part normality for my crew, my crew are more like the expendables. Crazy, professional when required and they do the jobs no one else will do (both prime and mirror).

This is my misfit crew
            Mirror versions
            4 Terrans
            1 Vulcan
            2 Betazoids (One of them is Captain Teanna Valdez, she commands her husband's command ship)
            2 Romulans (They were made POW at Dewa III, they defected to the empire shortly afterwards)
            2 Liberated Borg (Captured during a skirmish with an unknown probe on the Terran border and severed from the collective)
            1 Orion female (Don't ask, some poker game prize at first but given her freedom by the rear admiral. One of the male crew members keeps playing Robert Palmer's Simply Irresistible every time she walks into the mess hall)
            1 Bajoran

Here is the bridge crew and senior staff of the Los Lobos
            http://orig03.deviantart.net/cf0b/f/2015/055/a/1/chronology_4___uss_los_lobos_by_gx_9901-d8jbqdi.png
            A collection of Humans, Bajorans, Betaziods, Andorians, Trills, one Vulcan and the one of the far right in back is the EMH
            @thay8472

This is my misfit crew
            Mirror versions
            4 Terrans
            1 Vulcan
            1 Bajoran

Here is the bridge crew and senior staff of the Los Lobos
            http://orig03.deviantart.net/cf0b/f/2015/055/a/1/chronology_4___uss_los_lobos_by_gx_9901-d8jbqdi.png
            A collection of Humans, Bajorans, Betaziods, Andorians, Trills, one Vulcan and the one of the far right in back is the EMH

I think both crews would get on very well.
            MW4 (V) Very good

Victory celebration. Air Guitar on the bridge of the I.S.S, Enterprise
            http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/102853654352247010/E21EE2FFBFA96A700C56480A2101A558D9E52D9F/
            NMXb2ph.png
              edited December 2016
              Altered some conversations in Resurgance to be non-conflicting. That was outragously fun btw, i know this can't be done but I couldn't help but thinking that ground scale oddey should have had a couple energy beams coming down....

Ah the stuff we could use continuous orbital beam effects.
              Post edited by zionus0 on
              As you can tell from the picture The Lobos crew is 80% female.

Mirror Wars V was again fun.
              There was one or two of the console reports where the wording was off/out of order (can't remember which one).
              I would have said that the ground part was too easy until the last wave handed me my backside on a platter.
              Is this the end of this part of the story?
              As you can tell from the picture The Lobos crew is 80% female.

Mirror Wars V was again fun.
              There was one or two of the console reports where the wording was off/out of order (can't remember which one).
              I would have said that the ground part was too easy until the last wave handed me my backside on a platter.
              Is this the end of this part of the story?

Those Na'Kuhl weapons hurt!!!

I'll test the consoles later and seek out anything I've missed.
              798a6e7d12.png

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
              Typhoon Class please!
              Altered some conversations in Resurgance to be non-conflicting. That was outragously fun btw, i know this can't be done but I couldn't help but thinking that ground scale oddey should have had a couple energy beams coming down....

I wish I could of had the ships shooting , it would have certainty added to the atmosphere.

Send me a pic of the uniforms you used for your Romulans during that mission and I'll throw them on my lot.
              2gdi5w4mrudm.png
              Typhoon Class please!
              edited December 2016
              @thay8472
              Epic battles both space and ground

@zionus0
              Good Easter Egg hunt with Resurgence, spoiler alert coming up. The father vs counterpart daughter confrontation was nice.

Happy new year everyone
              NMXb2ph.png

I wish I could of had the ships shooting , it would have certainty added to the atmosphere.

Send me a pic of the uniforms you used for your Romulans during that mission and I'll throw them on my lot.

The Aristocratic Romies? i just did what you told me and used the 23 century stuff but ok. Unless you mean the Union battle armors????

The Aristocratic Romies? i just did what you told me and used the 23 century stuff but ok. Unless you mean the Union battle armors????

Go and make us some cool 2410 Aristocratic uniforms!
                2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                Typhoon Class please!
                Ok: What I used in the missions.
                MPHvAOf.jpg

0ax7dRI.jpg1

And this is sort of what I was working with originally: looks more sleek and less like a snuggie in my opninion, while paying tribute to their Terran overlords with a splash of red.
                fDFHK7i.jpg?1
                edited December 2016
                NMXb2ph.png
                  edited January 2017
                  This takes place after Resurgence and MW4

Valdez residence, Rixx, Betazed (Prime)

Admiral Valdez had invited his senior officers to his residence, given the nature of recent events it was the safest place to plan their next move. "So we've seen the face of the enemy" said Valdez to his officers, "She's arrogant, logically that could be a weakness" replied Solat. "Logical as always old friend" responded Valdez. "We've also seen her handiwork first hand, she's not open to reason. That makes her dangerous" pointed Flores, he finished with "she scares the hell out of me"

Gal'azia spoke up though looking bothered about something, "Admiral, there is an option we've not considered and she's just come in through the door." Valdez turned around and saw both Teanna and Trianna stood in the kitchen. "I won't get away with the discrete approach, they'll bust me" said Valdez jokingly. He needn't have asked, Trianna had figured out that he needed assistance and said yes. "Where Trianna goes, I go" said Clemens as she walked into the room.

"The band is back together" said Flores with a smile, Valdez could now plan his next move. "Let's set a trap for my counterpart." suggested Trianna. "That'll need some bait to draw her out" pointed out Valdez. "We act as the bait, it's our level of crazy. I do hope we have a tough ship." replied Trianna. "The goal is to take her alive, once we've caught her we must contain her. Any ideas?" said Valdez. "The Oudenarde has been reborn, she's an Odyssey Class dreadnought. She can take a beating and give it right back" said Imozel. "We draw the Towton into a series of direct engagements with us, we save multiple RSU lives at the same time by keeping her attention firmly on us" suggested Flores. "Very logical Mr Flores, we'll make a command officer out of you" replied Solat. "I wouldn't tell my sister Elisa that, she's competitive to say the least. I'm the oldest sibling by 5 minutes" replied Flores.

"Nathan, I'm coming along" said Teanna, "one, you need someone who knows her well and two, I'd feel a lot safer plus your crew will need a counselor." Valdez was in no position to argue with Tianna glaring at him. He agreed under advisement, though he insisted on her getting as much phaser practice and basic combat training as possible just in case things went bad.

"Trianna, it's good having you along, you and Clemens on the bridge. It's going to be like the good old times all over again" said Flores. Trianna laughed as she turned around and said "Boo!!!!" to Flores much to the amusement of everyone but the admiral. "Everyone be ready to get into the shuttle in 20 minutes." said Valdez, "We're going hunting"

............................................................................................................................
                  I.S.S. Towton (MU)

"He's persistent, You've got to give your father's counterpart credit Trianna" said Solat. "He's become a problem" replied Trianna taking her frustration out on the nearest crewman. "He'll hunt us" said Solat, "He's persistent, he won't stop until he has achieved the mission." responded Trianna. "Consider this a part of your education Trianna, facing an enemy who knows how you think and will exploit that" said Solat.

"How about we send him a clear message?" suggested Trianna looking through a list of Valdez's classmates. "we start destroying his academy classmates' ships to draw him out." Solat considered the options and approved, it might force Valdez's hand into acting prematurely though she surmised a 20% probability of that happening. "First we must make a visit to 2409. Set a course for Vega stardate 2409 /3, I think it's time I paid mother a visit" ordered Trianna.

"We'll make it look like dear old mother was assimilated at Vega, it'll destroy him" said Trianna spitefully. "Trianna, making a grudge personal can be counter productive, not always a good idea." responded Solat. "We tried the professional approach and we were beamed from our own bridge. We target him personally" replied Trianna. "Watch your attitude young lady, if that was any other commanding officer you answered back to like that, they would have shot you. Learn to control your feelings on the matter and you will learn the mental discipline to keep a cool head." advised Solat.

The Towton jumped into orbit and beamed up 2409 Teanna Valdez into one of the booths. Trianna personally greeted her "mother" with a smile. Solat countermanded Trianna and ordered Mrs Valdez released and moved to guest quarters under house arrest, "she's more useful to us unbroken Trianna, you will not harm her" snapped Solat. Trianna backed down, Solat was frightening when angered. Trianna walked out of the door after knocking out the nearest crewman with a right hook.

NMXb2ph.png
                    Happy New Year

@artan42 may your smells carry on in 2017!
                    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                    Typhoon Class please!
                    Happy New Year

I called in new year with a full weapon spread in ten forward
                    NMXb2ph.png
                    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
                      Happy New Year

I have no idea who you're on about...
                      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
                      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
                      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
                      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
                      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
                      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
                      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
                      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!