test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sooo, we're just not gonna address the Cherry Epohhs?

"Can't redeem race prizes for marks". Yet another tick in "The race sucks" column.

Comments

• chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I have an extreme lime rare epohh that I cannot trade in. There's just no slot for it at the latinum terminal there to left of Epohh Lady. I kinda figured they'd fix it with a patch the day QWW ends, and I could redeem it next year...

But I certainly do not agree that "the race sucks". If you take the time to get your toon properly set-up for it, the race is a breeze. I win 1st place about half the time, and only very rarely finish less than second, and I am using the admittedly-inferior roll technique. And I'm a klutz with a crappy connection; my latency hovers around 300ms

Everything you need to know to win the race is in my post, 4th post of the sticky thread at top of this GD forum. And that post has been there since this year's QWW began. Read and learn. But nobody is going to give it to you. You have to work for it, and you have to compete. If you are unwilling to do this, then Darwin has no pity. Survive, adapt, evolve.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I have an extreme lime rare epohh that I cannot trade in. There's just no slot for it at the latinum terminal there to left of Epohh Lady. I kinda figured they'd fix it with a patch the day QWW ends, and I could redeem it next year...

You can turn in the Epohs at the latinum trader on DS9 for Mark Boxes. I don't know if that is only during the Winter Event though. Maybe they will turn it on all year round after they fix this?
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    If you take the time to get your toon properly set-up for it, the race is a breeze.

This is one of the reasons it sucks. Buffs are supposed to be disabled for that race and everyone is to be on a even footing. They should also at least add a significant delay after any jump in the race to cut out that foolishness too.

It should be about control, not buffs, gear or key bashing.

There other reason it sucks is that it's same thing as the Event ship race == boring. One of the reasons summer is so much better is that they have three different types of events for the ship and pets.

Any yeah OP- the inability to trade in Cherry and Extreme Lime- Rare is just another mark of how little care this game receives from it developers.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »

You can turn in the Epohs at the latinum trader on DS9 for Mark Boxes. I don't know if that is only during the Winter Event though. Maybe they will turn it on all year round after they fix this?

This is interesting. Are cherry epohhs accepted at the DS9 trader?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    I will be happy to address the cherry epohh. Where would you like it sent?
    boldly-watched.png
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited December 2016

But I certainly do not agree that "the race sucks". If you take the time to get your toon properly set-up for it, the race is a breeze. I win 1st place about half the time, and only very rarely finish less than second, and I am using the admittedly-inferior roll technique. And I'm a klutz with a crappy connection; my latency hovers around 300ms

Everything you need to know to win the race is in my post, 4th post of the sticky thread at top of this GD forum. And that post has been there since this year's QWW began. Read and learn. But nobody is going to give it to you. You have to work for it, and you have to compete. If you are unwilling to do this, then Darwin has no pity. Survive, adapt, evolve.
    Don't feel to bad on my Temporal Recruit Charecter I can't trade in any Epoh period.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    +1 for the races sucks.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    This is one of the reasons it sucks. Buffs are supposed to be disabled for that race and everyone is to be on a even footing.

Source for that claim, please? I don't think that Cryptic have ever stated you should not be able to use movememe buffs...
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Or the super rare lime ones but hey whatever.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I'd imagine this is the sort of issue the devs will probably look at once the holidays are over and their hangovers have subsided....

I think the interface for trading in the epohhs needs some work, though - there are so many different kinds of the beasts, now, that it's just unwieldy. Might be worth looking at before the next winter event? Before they introduce the Turkey Epohh With Cranberry Sauce and the Christmas Pudding Epohh With Flaming Brandy?
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    shevet wrote: »
    I'd imagine this is the sort of issue the devs will probably look at once the holidays are over and their hangovers have subsided....

I think the interface for trading in the epohhs needs some work, though - there are so many different kinds of the beasts, now, that it's just unwieldy. Might be worth looking at before the next winter event? Before they introduce the Turkey Epohh With Cranberry Sauce and the Christmas Pudding Epohh With Flaming Brandy?
    Yeah I've suggested in the past that they should rebuild it to only have trade in options for things you actually HAVE, thus sparing your the annoyance of scrolling through that ginormous list.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    If you want to report not being able to trade in epohhs in the GPL store please ensure you list each type in the Bug Reports section - there is an open thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1226429/cant-exchange-epohh-for-marks
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    staq16 wrote: »
    Source for that claim, please? I don't think that Cryptic have ever stated you should not be able to use movememe buffs...

I cannot source it, but I remember a statement going in the direction mentioned by drakethewhite about this being an event not about equipment and traits but skill. Which bunny hopping admittedly is, still, I'd like that nerfed, too, because it takes from the feel of a race for me. (And also it looks stupid that you are not only better controlled, but faster on a straight with hopping, at least that should be changed)

Regardless of devs' intentions, I'd rather have it a skill game, too, without traits, rep gear, run modifier. But I like the race the way it is, the other race, too. Since I finished the ship, I regularily do the daily race on all my toons and am having a relaxing moment.

The thing about the untradeable epohhs is a thing, though. I try to collect them all, and wouldn't even mind giving the double cherries away for free, if I wasn't accustomed to getting some marks out of them.

(Oh, and the DS9 GPL is the same as the QWW GPL, so no cherries, no extreme lime rare, IIRC)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    If you take the time to get your toon properly set-up for it, the race is a breeze.

This is one of the reasons it sucks. Buffs are supposed to be disabled for that race and everyone is to be on a even footing.

What is your source for this, please? You say "supposed to be". According to who or what?

xyquarze wrote: »
    staq16 wrote: »

I cannot source it, but I remember a statement going in the direction mentioned by drakethewhite about this being an event not about equipment and traits but skill.

And I remember a statement saying the moon is made of green cheese. I can't source it, but you should take my word for it.
    (nods seriously)

Come on, man. You're going to have to justify what you say a little bit better than that, if you expect any response other than being laughed at.

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Well, I can't do any better, I do remember it and cannot find it. Which means that it may or may not exist. But even if said statement did exist, it wouldn't change the state of the game, it might only give a general idea about what may change one day. Similar to how last summer suddenly the jumps gave major boosts.

Either way, I would prefer it that way (no buffs whatsoever). Until they are able, it is of course perfectly valid to use any help you have - bunnyhop, barrel roll, run guns, etc., and I am not blaming nobody there.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    If you want to report not being able to trade in epohhs in the GPL store please ensure you list each type in the Bug Reports section - there is an open thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1226429/cant-exchange-epohh-for-marks

Two points. One, there is an open thread in the Bug Reports section. The issue hasn't been resolved. Communication through other avenues is warranted.
    Two, as far as I'm aware, the Bug Reports section isn't actively monitored, making it about as useful as placing important mail in the stack marked "JUNK".
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    predcon wrote: »

Two points. One, there is an open thread in the Bug Reports section. The issue hasn't been resolved. Communication through other avenues is warranted.
    Two, as far as I'm aware, the Bug Reports section isn't actively monitored, making it about as useful as placing important mail in the stack marked "JUNK".

I had not said the issue had been resolved and I had linked the open bug report to ensure everyone puts what epohhs cannot be handed in in one place - and the Bug Reports section IS actively monitored.

The very earliest any fix would probably be out due to holidays will be next week.
  • azeda1azeda1 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Since there seems to be no official respons from the devs regarding the non tradeble epohhs (cherrys all sorts and rare lime ones), are we just gona airlock them or what..??
  • spectrusregentspectrusregent Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    azeda1 wrote: »
    Since there seems to be no official respons from the devs regarding the non tradeble epohhs (cherrys all sorts and rare lime ones), are we just gona airlock them or what..??
    They're completely clueless. A GM answered my in-game ticket on Friday (the 6th), "we’ve come to the conclusion that this may be the result of an unreported gameplay bug," and sent me a link to the support forums. smdh