test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't exchange epohh for marks

alysvanyaalysvanya Member Posts: 28 Arc User
I have a Cherry Epohh Elder, and there is no option to exchange it for marks...the lime epohh can be. But not the cherry one.

Comments

• alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I have a character with three cherry epohhs. Hopefully the GPL console will get a trade-in option added before I fill up my inventory.
  • briohazard73briohazard73 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    That would be nice. I thought they would have addressed that today
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I have the same issue with the Extreme Lime Epohh.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    This has been an issue since the event's launch this year. I guess Q hates cherry.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »

The Extreme Lime can be turned in. It's the Extreme Lime Rare (the one with the Christmas lights on its antler points) that can't be turned in.

Of course, making it so that all of these can be turned in for marks will add at least 10 new icons on the bottom of the store window, making the scrollable space even smaller there.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Having the same issue, the cherry Elder Epohh is taking over my inventory. These things are worse than tribbles.
    anodynes wrote: »

The Extreme Lime can be turned in. It's the Extreme Lime Rare (the one with the Christmas lights on its antler points) that can't be turned in.

Of course, making it so that all of these can be turned in for marks will add at least 10 new icons on the bottom of the store window, making the scrollable space even smaller there.

They need to retire some of these epohh's after this year I think, or come up with a better way of listing them in the UI. it's a bit unsightly.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    Same here. Cherry epohh elder. I'll try to file a support ticket when I can get back in game.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I have cherry and wild cherry elder epohh's; still no fix from Cryptic, and no release notes from today's maintenance, either. :s
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy @ambassadorkael#6946 @borticuscryptic

Could someone please let us know this issue is being looked at? We have a very limited window of time before we all get screwed out of a lot of marks...
  • mcscarypantsmcscarypants Member Posts: 70 Arc User

Maybe if someone with half a brain realized that if they made a 4th column of icons (*GASP*), the footer portion of the window wouldn't be so damn deep.
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    Yeah i thought it was glitched because i couldnt find the trade-in option. A guy in NOP told me to make the window bigger. How many new players have no idea!?
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    I am having the same issue.

Here is screenshot of 3 epohh's I cannot turn in with the GPL store showing zero for all packages:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2oaq4ryamliczlf/epohhbug.png?dl=0

The types I cannot turn in are:
    • Epohh Elder - Cherry
    • Epohh Elder - Wild Cherry
    • Epohh Elder - Exreme Lime Rare

For anyone else reporting this bug, please ensure you list the complete name of any epohh you cannot trade in.
    Unable to turn in:

Epohh Pup - Cherry
    Epohh Pup - Wild Cherry
    Epohh Moppet - Cherry
    Epohh Moppet - Wild Cherry
    Epohh Adult - Cherry
    Epohh Adult - Wild Cherry
    Epohh Elder - Cherry
    Epohh Elder - Wild Cherry
    Epohh Elder - Wild Cherry Rare
    Epohh Elder - Extreme Lime Rare
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    The same as "anodynes" has listed above. I have about a dozen so far. :)
  • cesaw70cesaw70 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    There likely won't be any fix before next year's Winter Event, if at all. They will more-than-likely simply remove the offending epohhs from the game. Also, has anyone else had the experience of certain factions not gaining access to certain epohhs? For the whole event now, my Fed toon has not gotten the first Cherry, my Rom has not gotten the first Lime, and my KDF has not gotten a Sugar Plum, consistant across my account. It is pretty conspicuous.
    Post edited by cesaw70 on
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They make it way too complicated. How about only FOUR trade-ins:

Winter Epohh Pup
    Winter Epohh Moppet
    Winter Epohh Adult
    Winter Epohh Elder

Unless the different colors provide different Mark Rewards, who cares about the color on trade-ins.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    They would need 9 now. 4 regular, 4 that have gone critical, and 1 for the super special critical rares. Still a lot better use of space than the 58 that they'll have to have to get every type that they currently have under the current system,
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    If you crit you get an epoh wth bows or stripes or something which is worth TWICE as many marks. 200 to be exact.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Having the same issue, the cherry Elder Epohh is taking over my inventory. These things are worse than tribbles.

They need to retire some of these epohh's after this year I think, or come up with a better way of listing them in the UI. it's a bit unsightly.

Actually, they need to change the whole interface. Instead of listing them all, it should be simply a choice of which age group you want to raise, then a drag/drop like on the exchange.
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Stacking up on Cherry Epohh Elders. Please fix it Cryptic...
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    Stacking up on Cherry Epohh Elders. Please fix it Cryptic...

Just seen this week's patch notes. Looks like there will be no fix before the event ends and we lose access to the Wonderland.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    yep I just checked the store turnin and no cherry. i find it kind of shocking that this is going ignored.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• himble42himble42 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Come on Cryptic, I want my Marks...
    Himble_zps0106667a.jpg
  • wargibbonwargibbon Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Just adding my moan to this thread regarding Cherry Epohh turn ins, plus Lime Greem Extremes which also cannot be turned into marks. They are also taking over my inventory and don't want to lose marks over this
    Founder of the 3rd Foot & Mouth Federation Fleet. Join today!

The Khasi of Kalabar: They will die the death of a thousand cuts!
    Princess Jelhi: Oh! But that's horrible!
    The Khasi of Kalabar: Not at all my little desert flower, the British are used to cuts!
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    How is it possible that they seem unaware that this issue exists at this point? There have been numerous thread about it in this forum, and at least 3 posts in the patch note thread itself, and no response to acknowledge that they are at least aware of the problem...which I'm almost certain they are.

If I was only going to be stuck with one or two cherry epohh, I don't think I'd have a huge problem with missing out on the marks, but at this point pretty much every epohh I get from the research mission is a cherry epohh, so I've got a half-dozen in my inventory. That's a fair amount of marks.
  • spectrusregentspectrusregent Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    How is it possible that they seem unaware that this issue exists at this point? There have been numerous thread about it in this forum, and at least 3 posts in the patch note thread itself, and no response to acknowledge that they are at least aware of the problem...which I'm almost certain they are.

If I was only going to be stuck with one or two cherry epohh, I don't think I'd have a huge problem with missing out on the marks, but at this point pretty much every epohh I get from the research mission is a cherry epohh, so I've got a half-dozen in my inventory. That's a fair amount of marks.

According to the GM who answered my ticket on Friday, "we’ve come to the conclusion that this may be the result of an unreported gameplay bug," and sent me the link to the support forums. Either they're unaware or they're simply ignoring it and us.
  • charlesdonovancharlesdonovan Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Just adding my name to the list of those who cannot turn in cherry Epohhs.
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    yep I just checked the store turnin and no cherry. i find it kind of shocking that this is going ignored.

Considering the history of repairing game issues why would you be shocked? They are to busy working on the next expansion Star Trek 12.0 The Search For Sanity

Also I currently have about 20 Cherry Epohh elders up for adoption and a limited number of Extreme Lime. Interested parties will have to pay a small "Re-Homing" fee before taking possession.