test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Having Account bound items from buying Zen through Steam.

So I know that Zen bought with Zen through Steam ends up becoming account bound and you can't sell that Zen for Dilithium through the exchange. If I were to buy Master Keys with this restricted Zen, which also become account bound, will that bind be removed like the Zen would be or should I wait until the Zen is no longer restricted? Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    You did two consecutive mistakes:
    1) Paid for zen;
    2) Failed to read and do research before charging your account.

Short answer: your bound items (that were supposed to be not) will be unlocked in 7 days.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    I have never heard of the bound items ever being unbound. If I were you I would wait, especially with master keys, as anything you get from a lockbox from the bound key will also be bound to your account.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    blargblahblahblargblahblah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    stee1max wrote: »
    You did two consecutive mistakes:
    1) Paid for zen;
    2) Failed to read and do research before charging your account.

Short answer: your bound items (that were supposed to be not) will be unlocked in 7 days.

I just wanted to clarify as when I was searching for information about buying Zen through Steam I came across a few threads talking about it but there wasn't a clear answer about items bought with the restricted Zen being permanently bound or released like the Zen would be. FYI, I only bought 1000 Zen so no big deal.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Just to clarify, Steam purchases are not bound. The first time you buy Zen using Steam they put you in a trail period, but once that expires you're free to purchase Zen freely without any restriction.

The first time you buy though Steam, just buy your Zen then log off. Close out the game and re-launch it, when you log back in your Zen should no longer be restricted. If however, you buy anything with the Zen while it's restricted, that item will be permanently bound and there is no way to change it.

It's a really stupid system, they're just trying to funnel people to using Arc. I use Steam all the time without issues, it works fine.. you just have to jump that first ridiculously unnecessary hurdle.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    just us arc site and avoid the bs
  • Options
    blargblahblahblargblahblah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Just to clarify, Steam purchases are not bound. The first time you buy Zen using Steam they put you in a trail period, but once that expires you're free to purchase Zen freely without any restriction.

The first time you buy though Steam, just buy your Zen then log off. Close out the game and re-launch it, when you log back in your Zen should no longer be restricted. If however, you buy anything with the Zen while it's restricted, that item will be permanently bound and there is no way to change it.

It's a really stupid system, they're just trying to funnel people to using Arc. I use Steam all the time without issues, it works fine.. you just have to jump that first ridiculously unnecessary hurdle.

Thank you. This was the answer I was looking for, very insightful.