test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Wars (RP Thread)

Comments

• galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    And I'e got to do the mission for @galatt . I've been putting that off for so long I think he'll have me stuffed into a torpedo.
    But if I stuff you in there, how will I hear you scream?
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    In space, no one can hear you scream.
    That was a reference to the movie Alien
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
      galatt wrote: »
      And I'e got to do the mission for @galatt . I've been putting that off for so long I think he'll have me stuffed into a torpedo.
      But if I stuff you in there, how will I hear you scream?

Web Cam? Voice Box? Microphone?
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
      We minions can wait.
      If you want to use the Rear Admiral Valdez character, you are entirely welcome to. Having a Thrawn type Terran opponent who uses their opponent's military history to his advantage would be interesting for the PC

Sito will be the resurrector and saviour of the Terran Empires.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
      edited December 2016
      We minions can wait.
      If you want to use the Rear Admiral Valdez character, you are entirely welcome to. Having a Thrawn type Terran opponent who uses their opponent's military history to his advantage would be interesting for the PC

Sito will be the resurrector and saviour of the Terran Empires.

Maybe having Valdez as one of her most loyal and capable field commanders?
      Someone who can fight for the loyalist cause intelligently instead of using traditional Terran methods.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        MW 3 [IV] ... my maps survived and the mission itself is in a better state than I thought it would be.

It needs dialog but other than that it's ready to roll.
        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!
        I'll test it out with the Pathfinder I.S.S. Wingate.
        Should be interesting
        NMXb2ph.png
          edited December 2016
          Stardate 2411.5 Beyond Known Space (MU)

Trianna Valdez and Solat were on the run having been assisted in their prison break from the other universe, Empress Victoria O'Brien or as her enemies now called her, the Mad Queen simply said to Solat "You owe me in aiding your escape." Trianna meanwhile started acting weird, she sensed something else was also in Victoria's body.

All Trianna's thoughts were of revenge as she manned her new station on the Vendetta. In what appeared to be a dream, a seemingly humanoid figure appeared and sat down right next to her. "So you wish the power of revenge?" asked the mysterious figure speaking directly into Trianna's mind. "I want my enemies to feel my anger and pain" responded Trianna telepathically. The creature saw this body and mind had potential, it was strong and powerful, the creature liked this one.

.................................................................................................
          I.S.S. Towton, several months later. Terran Border (MU)

Trianna Valdez was asleep in her quarters, her encounter with that mysterious figure was playing in her head when she woke up. However she was not in her quarters but in a different realm altogether, all she could sense was the power all around her as humanoid figures were seemingly floating around her. "What is your desire?" asked a Destroyer, "Vengeance, I want my enemies to feel my wrath and pain. You are also after revenge, the Federation and their allies destroyed your leader. Our goals align." replied Trianna telepathically.

The Destroyer understood Trianna, it had chosen it's host and she had given her body and mind freely to be that host. Everyone on the Towton who had sneered at Trianna and insulted her over her heritage were now in her firing line, she tore through all the officers and crew who had done her wrong as the Destroyer fed on their life energies. Trianna smiled at this new power, a few hapless crewmen were nothing to her. What ever she thought happened to her enemies and soon a large number of them had disappeared without any trace they had existed.

"Now the Federation and it's Romulan puppets" thought Trianna as she ordered her operations officer to track down the I.S.S. Astute. Several hours later Trianna had found the Astutes's location and ordered her helm officer to intercept.

....................................................................................................
          I.S.S. Astute, Stardate 2410.9

Rear Admiral Valdez was finishing up his daily reports to his superiors when he was disturbed by a call from the bridge. "What is it Lt?" asked Valdez as a ship appeared out of a temporal rift in front of him, "It's imperial sir and it's commander wishes to speak to you" reported Lt Clemens. Valdez signalled Clemens to accept it, "No need for pleasantries Admiral, I know who you are" said the hidden face on the view screen. Trianna suddenly felt a rush of power as the face revealed herself, it was her other Imperial counterpart.

Valdez was surprised at first, he had seen nothing like this before, "Mother, Father and there is my other self" said Trianna (R) smiling. "Explain yourself" demanded Valdez looking at the face of what appeared to be his daughter. "The reality I'm from, father you were killed fighting the Romulan Star Union and mother, you were murdered by my family's enemies. I want revenge for the loss of my entire family, the Romulan Star Union must burn along with Leeta and her traitors." responded Trianna (R). Solat now appeared onscreen, "Nathan Valdez, my old friend I'm in need of your services, the Nathan Valdez from my reality had a gifted mind for war and judging from Imperial records, you have that same gifted mind."

Valdez briefly cut the channel to confer with his officers, "Trianna, is that Trianna another you or is it a shapeshifter?" asked Valdez. "It's me alright but I sensed anger and pain in her and there is something else sharing her body and mind, I recommend treading carefully here" replied Trianna. Valdez listened and took Trianna's advice before reopening the channel. "Follow my ship, you'll see a demonstration of what happens to enemies of the empire" said Solat.

Valdez ordered Krasnova to match Solat's course and speed and both ships entered transwarp. 17 hours later the two ships arrived in orbit of a small traitor outpost in the Badlands. Valdez beamed over with his assault teams as Trianna (R) and her troops beamed in and both groups advanced through the hallways slaying traitor after traitor. Trianna (R) just marched down throwing traitors with her mind down the corridors, one traitor squad tried to form a firing line as volley after volley of phaser fire failed to slow down Trianna (R). After the traitors stopped firing frozen with terror, Trianna said, "my turn" and soon traitor troops were being being thrown into the bulkheads and blasts of pure psychic energy were incinerating the terrified traitors as the Destroyer creature inside her absorbed the life energies of her victims.

Valdez and his teams were also making progress herding the terrified traitors towards Trianna (R), whatever resistance the traitors could offer was irrelevant as more and more were incinerated by psychic blasts of Trianna (R). Both groups linked up and launched the assault on ops, the traitor commander and the survivors were now backed into the operations centre as Trianna (R) carved a path of annihilation through them saving their commander for last. The traitor commander tried to plead for mercy but Trianna grabbed him by the throat and her eyes glowed red as she slowly absorbed his life force.

"Father, that was a demonstration of my power, aid me in my vengeance against the RSU" said Trianna (R) laughing at the traitors' demise. Valdez had seen enough and he was frightened by what he had witnessed. "I don't trust you, my war is with Leeta. I won't get in the way of your campaign of vengeance" responded Valdez. Trianna (R) though angry at first decided that Valdez would not be killed, she had lost her father once and she would not be repeating that moment again.

Post edited by theraven2378 on
          NMXb2ph.png
            Some screenshots for you.

Mirror Wars 3 [IV]
            'Verbal Warfare'
            Game_Client_2016_12_16_10_46_32_96.png

'Fight'
            Game_Client_2016_12_19_15_33_17_69.png

'Lieutenants Aunlel & Paris' @galatt
            Game_Client_2016_12_19_15_35_23_28.png

'Lieutenant Ve'Lar Sen' @duncanidaho11
            Game_Client_2016_12_19_15_36_20_41.png

'I see you!'
            Game_Client_2016_12_19_15_37_59_76.png

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
            Typhoon Class please!
          • zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
            @thay8472
            would black Tal Shiar uniforms work for 2410 Aristocracy personnel?
            Why do I still play and put money into STO?
            The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
            edited December 2016
            @thay8472 What's the ETA on volume 4 of MW4?
            NMXb2ph.png
              3 [IV] is done for the most part however the foundry is bugged as hell right now. Testing the mission is next to impossible right now.
              2gdi5w4mrudm.png
              Typhoon Class please!
              I can wait, gives me time to tweak my sleeper ship build, (Fleet and rep gear on a T6 Paladin disguised as a 23rd Century Ranger)
              NMXb2ph.png
                edited December 2016
                Fluffy.png
                Fluffy_2.png
                Fluffy3.png

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                Typhoon Class please!
                Fluffy.png

I'm surprised Sito does not have one as a pet or would a Velociraptor be her style?
                NMXb2ph.png
                  Hmmm ... what one?

1.png
                  image.png
                  image.png

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                  Typhoon Class please!
                  edited December 2016
                  I'd take the T-Rex, Is my signature Mirror enough?
                  NMXb2ph.png
                  • zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
                    edited December 2016
                    I can atest to the foundry bugs as well... I tried to test some maps, after a publish 9and soem triggers dont work in the foundry itself.

After publish:
                    - A vital PC protecting invisible wall disappeared.
                    - Triggers to hide a large group of contacts worked correctly
                    Why do I still play and put money into STO?
                    The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
                    edited December 2016
                    Someone asked about Romulan uniforms. I'll go grab you some screenshots of what I've used in a sec.

Mirror Wars 3 [IV] is publishing for testing ... no idea how it's going to end up this time. *Fingers crossed*

In the mean time ... have some screenshots.
                    Game_Client_2016_12_23_17_21_58_91.png
                    Game_Client_2016_12_23_17_30_28_23.png
                    Game_Client_2016_12_23_17_20_24_11.png
                    Game_Client_2016_12_23_17_21_17_64.png
                    Game_Client_2016_12_23_17_25_57_69.png

Edit: It lives!!! Only a few minor bugs and some dialog I forgot to add, but other than that ... it published with no major errors. /yay!
                    Post edited by thay8472 on
                    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                    Typhoon Class please!
                    Sito's Enterprise vs Leeta's Enterprise, one on one duel, who would win?
                    NMXb2ph.png
                      Sito's Enterprise vs Leeta's Enterprise, one on one duel, who would win?

What makes you think they'll fight each other? :wink:
                      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                      Typhoon Class please!
                      purely hyperthetical
                      NMXb2ph.png
                        purely hyperthetical

Hmmm ... what are they fighting over?
                        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                        Typhoon Class please!
                        edited December 2016
                        As a way of ending the civil war, last ship standing.

Post edited by theraven2378 on
                        NMXb2ph.png
                          As a way of ending the civil war, last ship standing

Hmmm ... good question ... could go either way.
                          2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                          Typhoon Class please!
                          edited December 2016
                          Just had a look at MW4 volume 4, very good.
                          The I.S.S. Ramillies (Paladin disguised as a Ranger) performed very well, I finished off the last fleet just as a test of my build.
                          NMXb2ph.png
                            Just had a look at MW4 volume 4, very good.
                            The I.S.S. Ramillies (Paladin disguised as a Ranger) performed very well, I finished off the last fleet just as a test of my build.

Run into any bugs?
                            2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                            Typhoon Class please!
                            not really, it ran quite smoothly.
                            NMXb2ph.png
                              edited December 2016
                              Romulan Uniforms

These are the Romulan uniforms that have appeared in Mirror Wars and will appear in another series where I pay tribute to @galatt or forever suffer!

uniforms.png

Right: 2410 Aristocracy Uniforms (Red MU)
                              Left: 2383 Rom-Empire Uniforms (Yellow MU)
                              2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                              Typhoon Class please!
                              image.jpg
                              May the season bring you the music of screams, the warmth of conquest, and, always, power.

In this joyous season, merry days and happy smiles are my wishes for you!

May you be surrounded by the love, joy & peace that is Christmas.

Fleet Admiral Sito Thay

!! Merry Christmas !!
                              2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                              Typhoon Class please!