test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the Delta Rising - Operations Pack worth getting?

lowleft#8801 lowleft Member Posts: 29 Arc User
I just recently started playing and I am enjoying the game so when I noticed the sale, I thought maybe I should get something. Seeing how there is a sale, is it worth getting (or is something else that is on sale)? Even at $75 it is a decent amount of money, so I just wanted to see what people had to say.

Does the pack only get you "stuff" or is there more missions that are included with it as well?

Any info or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Those packs only contain ships, boffs, doffs and stuff along these lines.
    As for the delta pack itself, it's decent. The full intel ships are pretty great, the mat'ha raptor is a beast and minor stuff is neat. One of the biggest selling points would be the account wide doffs & boffs which are only available from this pack.
    You get a romulan and reman boff with SRO + superior subterfuge/superior infiltrator for every rom character and a doff that adds hull healing to Attack Pattern Beta on every character.
    Though if you aren't actively playing on all 3 factions I wouldn't bother.

Best bang for your buck is probably the 31st century pack from the z-store (Chronos, Eternal, Ouroboros) as those ships can be used by all factions.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I currently only really play as a Fed, but I would like to try all 3.

Is there a 31st Century only pack (with this ships) or just the entire Temporal Special Agent pack?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Yes there is a 31st only pack, it's only listed in the c-store unlike the expansion themed packs they keep advertising.

It's overall awesome. The individual ships are great, the consoles are pretty good and even worth the 3 set bonus and the fact that you can really use all 3 with all factions is incredible.

If you like the ship designs this pack is a no-brainer, especially during a 20% off sale.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    With the current sale those packs are good if you measure that in the sheer number of ships etc you get. The Delta pack ahs the intel ships which are very good, and have some nice custom options available.
    The Temporal special pack contains 7 T6 ships alone plus all the lower tier ones and the boffs, costumes etc. That's a lot of goodies at half price, you won't see those ships that cheap anywhere else.
    The Temporal ship 3 pack is another good choice (3 multi-faction ships all at T6) but won't be down to 50% off, so you may actually be better off going the full shilling and buying the bigger pack.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    satai07satai07 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I started playing a couple months ago and picked up the 31st century ships when they were on sale. It's awesome to know you have a nice ship waiting when you hit 50 for any character that you make. Since I already have those ships the temporal pack would be a waste so I'm going to grab the Delta pack.
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The deltard pack is somewhat useful in the only occasion when you can waste 75 bucks down the drain for the sole purpose of getting some unique doffs/boffs, and that's it. There is no more use, maybe having a handful of admiralty ship cards would justify such an investment, but the ships themselves are outdated and you don't want to fly them nowadays. So, the selling point of the pack is APB healing doffs and SRO/Inf reman bridge officer; not much.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I tend to be "all or nothing" with the various bundles. Which means if I can't afford the whole package I simply don't buy any of it. (I still don't have the CBC, pilot, or DSD bundles)

Why? well you do get a really nice benefit in terms of cost vs buying stuff individually. the bigger the bundle the deeper the discount. Especially when the bundle gets put on sale.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    stee1max wrote: »
    The deltard pack is somewhat useful in the only occasion when you can waste 75 bucks down the drain for the sole purpose of getting some unique doffs/boffs, and that's it. There is no more use, maybe having a handful of admiralty ship cards would justify such an investment, but the ships themselves are outdated and you don't want to fly them nowadays. So, the selling point of the pack is APB healing doffs and SRO/Inf reman bridge officer; not much.

Ummm....what?

The ships are not outdated in the least bit, you have no idea what you'e talking about.
    The latest fancy ships are temporal but that just means they have different special abilities, not that they are outdated. They are all T6 ships, with fleet options, special consoles and traits. Nothing about them makes the outdated.

You'll see plenty of people flying them in the game so they are still popular and are all powerful ships.

Plus, and this is something people forget a lot, you can be effective in an older T1 ship if you know what you're doing. So being old and outdated has literally no meaning in this game. Any ship can be effective at endgame.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    I ended up getting the Temporal Agent pack just because it had a lot more ships in it and I think that is what I was really interested in.

Can somebody tell me, if I deleted a ship because I've run out of space is there a way to get that ship back? I assume with the normal ships, you just have to but it again with more Dil, but how does it work with Zen ships?
  • Options
    Ships from the c-store are reclaimable. If you trash one you can claim a new one right out of the store for free, inlcuding it's consoles and other special gimmicks if it has one (like the phaser/disruptor/plasma quad-cannons). Same goes for summer/winter/anniversary event ships though those are reclaimable via the "event" reputation store.

What you need to be careful with are lockbox, lobi and fleet ships. If you ditch them they're gone for good.
  • Options
    Hmm.. not sure about the phoenix boxes. If you get a samsar in a phoenix box is it an account unlock or single item?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    stee1max wrote: »
    the ships themselves are outdated and you don't want to fly them nowadays.

This is simply not true. The Intel ships are actually still up toward the top of the line in just about every area. Some people don't like the way they look, or they like other ships better.. but no one is refusing to fly them because they're not viable.

The Intel Ships from the DR pack are actually some of the better T6 ships you can get.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Hmm.. not sure about the phoenix boxes. If you get a samsar in a phoenix box is it an account unlock or single item?
    It's a single item.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I ended up getting the Temporal Agent pack just because it had a lot more ships in it and I think that is what I was really interested in.

Can somebody tell me, if I deleted a ship because I've run out of space is there a way to get that ship back? I assume with the normal ships, you just have to but it again with more Dil, but how does it work with Zen ships?

If the ship is from the C-Store (bought with Zen.) - You can reclaim the ship anytime you wish. You can freely discharge C-Store ships without fear of losing anything, just take your gear off of it first. Re-claimed ships even keep their mastery unlocks, so you don't have to level the ship again. There is no risk here.

If the ship is from a special event - Most of the event ships can be re-claimed through the Event tab under Reputation. This applies to ships earned from Summer/Winter events and give away events. To make sure, before you discharge the ship, check in your event store tab and make sure the ship is listed.

If the ship is from a lock box or lobi- You cannot discharge these ships or you will lose them permanently. You can dry dock them, but you cannot discharge them or they are gone.

If you bought the ship for Dilithium from the Ship Merchant - Also gone for good, you can re-purchase it for Dilithium but you cannot re-claim it for free.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    null
    I agree completely. The ships in the Delta set are still some of the best in the game and they cover every carrier and faction. You can't go wrong with this set.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    While I personally think the delta pack ships are ugly as hell their performance cannot be denied. They are all excellent ships, stat wise, if you can stand looking at them.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    I have no idea what you're talking about. They look great to me. :p
    lapland_by_marhawkman-d83rd6y.png
    lusitaniac_by_marhawkman-d8808x5.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing