test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Crashes after hitting engage and says driver out of date

sto keeps saying my drivers are out of date. I have checked them three times and they are fully up to date since noon today.
also the game crashes after i press the engage button and a window comes up saying my drivers are out of date. I press the use default settings then it crashes.
the odd this is if i uninstall sto and reinstall it. it works fine the first time, then crashes on every other load after the first

Comments

• drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I keep getting this message as well, ever since the new patch took effect on Thursday, and my drivers are also up to date.
    If you manage to hit enter when it first loads, you can get in. But, the message keeps popping up no matter what.

I'm guessing the detect for AMD drivers is not working properly for some reason. Developers please fix this bug soon!
  • screwloose53184screwloose53184 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I can't even get into game because of INSTANT CRASH EVERY TIME I START STO! Please fix this, cause now I can't even do the winter event ship stuff now! Great job on making your PC customers leave Cryptic, great job!

***Edit*** I am running a AMD Radeon R3 8400HD in my laptop with the latest Radeon Crimson drivers. Your detection program for AMD products is HORRENDOUS!
    Fleet Leader of STO Fleets: The Illegitimate Children of Kirk & Champions of Sto'Vo'Kor
  • stoodoggstoodogg Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Heard that theres a reduce file streaming option in game that helps with this. of course the option is in an in game menu.....
    Panel member, Tribbles In Ecstasy