test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Could use some help with upgrading.

lowleft#8801 lowleft Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Can somebody point me in the right direction to learn the best way to upgrade items?

I see many people with lots of "Ultra Rare" and "Epic" items, but how does one get to that point? I feel like I have spent a bunch of Dil. and not gotten much out of it when upgrading. I have one Ultra Beam Array that came from upgrading after spending thousands of Dil.

Any help would be great. Just want to make the best items/builds I can without wasting time or resources. I am hoping this is something I can do rather then just spend millions of EC.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Can somebody point me in the right direction to learn the best way to upgrade items?

I see many people with lots of "Ultra Rare" and "Epic" items, but how does one get to that point? I feel like I have spent a bunch of Dil. and not gotten much out of it when upgrading. I have one Ultra Beam Array that came from upgrading after spending thousands of Dil.

Any help would be great. Just want to make the best items/builds I can without wasting time or resources. I am hoping this is something I can do rather then just spend millions of EC.

Thanks.

So..with Research gear..Typically we start with a Mk II Very rare item (say a beam array with Crtdx2 Pen)
    Then use A Superior Tech upgrade (Experimental) and a research point accelerators (major).
    Pray to the RNG gods.
    Then upgrade.

If your lucky, You'll go from Very rare to Ultra rare (sometimes epic) Before reaching mk vIII..(sometimes around Mk xII)

Buuut..THis is going to cost Lots Dilithium..And Either you obtain through missions all the necessary RND parts or buy them off the exchange..

Its very much like gambling..You can make some awesome stuff that sells for TONS on the exchange..or you'll make garbage..

If there is a Beam or other Item you have that you want to change rarities..thats..different..THAT..you should save for upgrade weekends..

Or..Buy keys...Sell them on the exchange and then buy the items with the mods you want..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping there was something I was missing. It looks like I need to grind away to get more EC and Dil before I start upgrading too much. I am trying to not spend real money until I get the Lifetime Membership.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Just an extra note - it's best to wait for one of the upgrade weekends if you're trying to improve rarity (it can take a lot of upgrade attempts, and doubling the tech points from upgrades really helps stretch the dilithium)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Also it is very important to never use green or blue quality upgrades. They require hugely more dil than superior ones. In some cases as much as 12.5x more dil.
  • Options
    tiberious#6095 tiberious Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    So what do you do with the green and blue upgrades?

I'm just starting to get to upgrading and have a bunch of these.
  • Options
    So what do you do with the green and blue upgrades?

I'm just starting to get to upgrading and have a bunch of these.

Sell to vendors, if you want, but they're reasonable equipment in the interim. If you're looking to absolutely maximize a set to Epic, starting with purple (Very rare) mk IIs with modifiers you want (usually courtesy of R&D development) is the most efficient route.

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Speaking for myself, I tend to use them during upgrade events when I don't feel like burning a Superior upgrade to get 1000 points on something that's already Mk XIII Epic like when I was upgrading kit modules from reputations (they start at Mk XII epic now). It saves a few hundred dil and vendors at ESD and other hubs always have them available.

When people say that Superior upgrades save dil, they mean that it costs much less dil per tech point (the wiki says something like 12 points per unit of dil, while the green ones give 3 points per unit), but that doesn't matter much when you only need a tiny number of points. Also, Superior Experimental upgrades require 1885 dil instead of the 1075 regular Superior upgrades use, so I'd probably just use one on a Mk II item to get it started instead of pouring them into a Mk XII.
  • Options
    I really need to step up my Dil intake. I just watched a video on upgrading and they spent more Dil upgrading one item then I have ever had in the game so far...

I am thinking about getting the Key Box that is on sale for the Holidays and it comes with an upgrade which, from the way I read, will upgrade the item to the top level and Epic with no Dil. If I get that, I just have to think real hard on what I want to use it on.
  • Options
    Superior Experimental is not quite as efficient as superior, but is 2x quality chance - this is less useful given the expense on a mk XIV item (which has a low quality chance rate that slowly builds, but still a bit useful) - but a Mk II item has a very good chance - and those huge tech point grant covers several marks worth of upgrades, and it retains that upgrade chance for each mark increase until it needs to slot another upgrade, giving a very good chance of boosting up a quality level or two.

• Options
    stillcarpstillcarp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    the annavsery event starts 0n the 2nd of feb and also collect omega particalls to turn into slivers all the way up to the omega upgade with 4x quality and if you do a ground miission on delta you can get a 2x quality booster.
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Something of note is that I find it's typically easier to upgrade consoles than the rest of the space gear and weapons especially when you get to the MK-XII point. Mainly at the higher levels, I'll usually wait for special events like upgrade weekends or the upcoming anniversary to work on the weapons, warp drive, shields, etc., but toss upgrades on my various consoles during the off times.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg