test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not enjoying being kicked in the balls...

nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
...for having alts. What's with this sudden massive backsliding towards fleet versions of everything?

You are devaluing your product. You annoy the snot out of the players who aren't in and don't want to join big fleets. You're charging $35 for ships that are on the same tier performance-wise with numerous fully functional on purchase 11 console T6 ships that don't take an extra module to kit out properly, and you basically MUG people who have alts.

I'd like to buy the new cross-faction science bundle coming out. I'd pay $60 for that. But I have seven captains and paying $95 plus having to swap fleets on half my captains in smaller fleets I'm helping out just to finish unlocking my proper 11 console performance is ludicrous.

Seriously, if the cost of doing business has gone up, fine, charge me the $35 upfront. But don't kick me in the balls for having alts or not wanting to be a serf in somebody's mega-fleet. It's rude.

Is there an altar somewhere I can sacrifice a two goats and a targ on that at the very minimum unlocking a fleet version ship on one character unlocks it for all captains in that faction? That'd at least drive this new pack down to a mere $75 dollars and I'd only have to play the fleet hopping game once...

Comments

• rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    What's the problem with joining a large fleet? Most will let you join, rank up for a small contribution and leave again. And the reason they do it is because it works best for business, if they charged more for ships then they would sell less and make less money.

And you only ever need join one fleet, because the majority of fleets allow equal access for alts. E.g. Task Force Phoenix - only 200000 Fleet Credits on all chars combined and store access for all of them. No social commitments, nothing. I'll send you an invite if you want.

Also, this needs to be in the feedback section, this forum is for test servers.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I'm IN fleets. On all my characters. However the moment you used the word "Let" I think you answered your own question. As in why the hell should I need ANY other player to "Let" me play the game? But, that's not the principle issue, simply part of an overall pattern - that the "fleet grade" ships which have been made available thought the Zeni-store 30 times are a much player-friendlier model and I'm not thrilled to see them backsliding towards fleet-purchasing requirements to un-gimp the arbitrarily gimped stats.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I would rather have more ships released at Fleet Grade than have to get something level it up, throw it away, and then purchase Character only Fleet upgraded ships that have to be leveled again.

As it is, the C-Store Fleet equivalent ships are, in effect, cheaper, not just in the case of the FSM, but in all circumstances are part of a Bundle, either three of that ship, or nine if cross-faction three packs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    To be honest, I always assumed that I would have to go the whole mile if I wanted top end Fleet ships. SO I just don't do much of it. I learned to love my freebies and make the most out of them for general purposes.

I know that doesn't help much, but I do sympathize, having a maxed out roster of alts myself. :)

Qapla'!
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    yea and whats up with those lobi store grade event ships your give out every 4 months ?!?!?

WHAT HAPPENED TO SURViVAL OF THE FiTTEST? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RiCH GETTiNG RiCHER AND THE POOR GETTiNG POORER? WHAT HAPPENED TO PURE, UNADULTERATED GREED?

BLESSED EXCHEQUER, FORGiVE US. YOUR CHiLDREN HAVE GONE ASTRAY.

dogsorwar_376.jpg
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    yea and whats up with those lobi store grade event ships your give out every 4 months ?!?!?

WHAT HAPPENED TO SURVİVAL OF THE FİTTEST? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RİCH GETTİNG RİCHER AND THE POOR GETTİNG POORER? WHAT HAPPENED TO PURE, UNADULTERATED GREED?

BLESSED EXCHEQUER, FORGİVE US. YOUR CHİLDREN HAVE GONE ASTRAY.

dogsorwar_376.jpg

I have to admit, I had a good laugh at this. Thank you Garaks :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg