test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New D4x owner question

Greetings all. Yesterday I purchased a D4x, and I must say it is a fantastic ship. However, I currently ported my build on my previous ship (a generic build that works reasonably well on most Tac-heavy ships), and haven't played with any of the specialization seats. As it has Commander Pilot and Lieutenant Temporal seating, I was wondering if there are any BOff powers in there that are worth swapping out any "normal" powers.

Comments

• Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    Depends on what you value as worthy.

Fun, DPS, survivability?

I flew the D4X a little. Pilot boff abilities are meh mostly to me and temporal stuff is quite sciencey focused.
    Being a BoP you could skew it towards sci stuff and make temporal abilities "worth it" from a DPS standpoint, but it does lack sci consoles slot numbers to truly go maximum down that route.

I found myself sticking to "normal" powers.

Want fun though? Experiment! Try abilities out and see what makes it fun for you to fly.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    stan2750stan2750 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I was lucky enough to unlock a D4X. And used the phoenix event upgrades to max almost everything out.

I use two kelvin torps (4 second reload times) and the Nausican torp. Quad Disruptors, and Heavy Disruptors cannons fwd, as the aft hard point uses a Omni-Disruptor array.. so 6 weapons capable of firing in the fwd arc.

I make use of that pilot ability, for fast reverses keeping my target in front of me. The temporal and pilot stations I'm still experimenting with, but this has quickly become my fave ship in the game.
  • Options
    stan2750stan2750 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Also filled the Science Consoles with the Fleet Shield boost consoles, The engineering with those new K-13 consoles that boost shield hardness, the mining laser, proton launcher, kobali console and bio-neural gel pack, basically anything I could boost shields with.. and in combat my shields are just under 21k with over 1k regen rate on a D4X Bird Of Prey.