test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Obelisk carrier for Xbox one

mosghostmosghost Member Posts: 8 Arc User
My fleet just completed tier 1 spire. I am just wondering if the obelisk carrier was not put into the spire reqs yet. It states that the carrier should be available once tier 1 spire was completed. We can buy the regular obelisk swarmer. But no carrier is to be found in the ship reqs or anywhere else. I am just curious as to when we will get the carrier. We are a level 10 fleet with a complete tier 1 starbase, tier dilithium mine, and tier 1 spire. We will be 12 by Friday being tier 1 on every main project. My membership was looking forward to getting access to that carrier. Now I am forced to attempt to explain why it is not available. So please arc let me know, so I can explain why this ship is not available
Post edited by mosghost on

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The wiki states it will be available as long as you have a T1 Spire. Keep in mind, the T1 project countdown must be completed and cannot still be counting down the days/hours.

Once it's completed, make sure you have provisions and all you need to do is go to a ship vendor and buy it assuming you have the provisions, 2 FSM's and the appropriate amount of fleet credits on each character.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    As I stated. I have completed spire tier 1, I have tier 1 research upon completion of that research. 5 days ago we started tier 1 spire research. It was completed at 3am Dec 6th 2016. So like I said before, we have tier 1 spire, and we have no obelisk carrier available.
  • Options
    There's two possibilities then. Either you are mistaken or you're looking in the wrong place. Here's a pic I just took showing the Obelisk available. I double checked the in game spire and as we both said, you merely need to complete the Full T1 Spire project (not the research or operations project) which I have posted another picture of below.

c8k5Max.png

aUNgkXJ.png
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    Maybe I should clarify. This is for the Xbox one
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    mosghost wrote: »
    Maybe I should clarify. This is for the Xbox one
    All bets are off then. If anyone can comment as to whether fleet ships are available or not on console, that might answer his question.
  • Options
    Yeah, seems my fleet is a lot further along then 95% of fleets on the Xbox one. I was hoping maybe I could catch another xbox one fleet that ran into this issue. I said TRIBBLE it and created a ticket appealing to arc for an explanation.
  • Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Hmm, this doesn't bode well for the PS4. I know a fair amount of people just in my fleet that have been looking forward to an Obelisk, I not the least among them.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    I will post the arc response to my ticket, so you'll have an idea as to when the consoles will get the ship.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Don't post private emails on the forums. While you may not see the problem, many game companies frown on it and it has gotten people banned from the forums of other game sites. Feel free to paraphrase, but please refrain from posting the actual email.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    Ok I will give the gist of it
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Don't post private emails on the forums. While you may not see the problem, many game companies frown on it and it has gotten people banned from the forums of other game sites. Feel free to paraphrase, but please refrain from posting the actual email.

This forum seems fine with it, just sanitize your personal email address. You'll likely only get a canned response anyway.
  • Options
    Hmm, as much as it distresses me to say it, my fleet just T1'd our Spire, coming and going, and no Obelisk in Ship Requisitions. I can't help but think this is a bug but I'll hold off on posting a thread in Bug Reports till Ghost can get back to us on that ticket.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    Ordinarily I just edit my posts if they're the last post in a thread but given that I found this thread on page 4 I felt a new post necessary. I recently filed my own ticket and it was less than helpful. The GM suggested I try using the appropriate NPCs, which we have, and that the Obelisk should be there, which it isn't. Going to give a reply to the ticket to hopefully move the process along in getting this addressed.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    New reply, new post. One wonders if the GMs even read the links they post. They've suggested that we need to wait till the Spire is Tier 3. Clearly not what the wiki nor Spire in-game says on the availability of the Obelisk.

Append: And yes, it's Tier 1. Shard maintenance right now but we're Tier 1 in Spire and Research with Operations in it's final hours before the Tier 1 upgrade completes.
    Post edited by byozuma#0956 on
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    dumb question is your starbase tier 1 yet?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    New reply, new post... Cryptic support must have no idea about the game they are supporting because the person I'm dealing with is insistent that the Obelisk is a Tier 3 unlock. So I sent a screenshot with my latest rebuttal. I think it's safe to say these are rebuttals now because my scant 4 months of wiki and game playing is trumping their so called knowledge.

oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    New reply, new post... Cryptic support must have no idea about the game they are supporting because the person I'm dealing with is insistent that the Obelisk is a Tier 3 unlock. So I sent a screenshot with my latest rebuttal. I think it's safe to say these are rebuttals now because my scant 4 months of wiki and game playing is trumping their so called knowledge.

Which is why a standard GM response for MMO games seems to be ask on the forums. Personally, I find GMs to be mostly useful for ingame help like getting stuck in certain MMOs that doesn't have a /stuck option, vanished items, and account support rather than figuring out how a certain feature is supposed to work.

It is possible that you need a Tier 1 Shipyard and a Tier 1 Spire to unlock the Obelisk Carrier not just the Tier 1 Spire. You need Starbase Military Fleet Ship Provisioning for the Obelisk Carrier which is only available with a Tier 1 Shipyard.
  • Options
    We've only 2 things in the fleet that aren't Tier 1, with the Starbase on the way to Tier 2 with Tier 2 already in Military. We're set for having ships and can buy some of the initial fleet ships already. The problem... is damned if I know what it is. Could well be more bugs that we've come to expect of the console releases (still can't properly edit our outfits, if we want to make a new outfit we have to use a fresh slot).
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Are all Fleet ships from Tier 1 and Tier 2 Shipyard available or only just certain ones? The Tier 1 Shipyard limitation should be the only unlisted restriction for the Obelisk Carrier. If it is not available with a Tier 1 Shipyard and Tier 1 Spire, then it is bugged.
  • Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    we don't have the fleet version of the scimitar. kinda annoyed me
  • Options
    Final update on the ticket. "Yeah, that's a bug. You should inform Cryptic support about it." :/
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Side note: The Scimitar series of ships, both in T5 and in T6, are considered Fleet-equivalent; you have no need to purchase a Fleet version.

This generally applies to 3x Faction/9x Cross Faction Multi-Pack, Event, Lobi, Lock Box, and Promotion ships.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User

Side note: The Scimitar series of ships, both in T5 and in T6, are considered Fleet-equivalent; you have no need to purchase a Fleet version.

This generally applies to 3x Faction/9x Cross Faction Multi-Pack, Event, Lobi, Lock Box, and Promotion ships.

oh thanks