test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

~*~Nerds of Prey Public Service: Three Years Strong!~*~

I can't believe it's been three years since the beginning of STO's most popular service channel, Nerds of Prey Public Service. Unfortunately, the old thread was closed for inactivity, but I got the go-ahead to get a new thread going; let's keep this running for ANOTHER three years. Channel information below:

Free FED/KDF t5 base-invites, cell/tuffli invites, boff-training, and more!
now three years old and 12,500 members strong!
our new shortlink: bit.ly/NoP-PS
(its cAsE sEnSiTiVe!)

join an active channel free of ego, unnecessary rules, and heavy-handed moderation.

join the largest channel in sto!
join a channel that is public and not private!
join a channel where we share top tier holdings, freighter-invites, practical advice, and years of sto knowledge.

/channel_join NoP Public Service
(type that into chat to join the channel)

many fleets are here every single day giving away free invites, allowing you access to top-shelf mine, embassy, spire, and base store consoles, boffs, weapons, etc.

how does this work?
its the mechanics of sto fleet stores.
the base, the mine, the embassy, and the spire all work this way: you enjoy the access-level of the fleet that owns the terminal you are using, yet all your purchases are deducted from your own fleets pool of provisions. for that reason you must be in a fleet (any fleet), have permissions to use your own fleet store and your own fleet must have the provisions to cover whatever purchases you wish to make.

the only exception to this is fleet ships, which would require you to actually join the higher tier fleet and use their ship provisions. thats why 'free ships' require more patience.

FuturePastNow (one of the most prolific t5-inviters in sto) has gone into great detail regarding fleet-store mechanics.

CHANNEL RULES:

1) no buying, selling, or trading, full stop. this includes anything that can even resemble a sale: no bartering, suggested donations, reimbursement for provisions, offering incentives, offering to pay, 'price-checking', etc. if it looks like you are so much as hinting to buy or sell, you might get a warning before being muted.
2) be polite

These are the rules, follow them:

1) No buying, selling or trading.
Breaking this rule, even once will earn you a mute and a kick. A warning may be issued instead at the channel moderators sole discretion. When we say "one rule" this is the one we mean.

2) Be polite.
This rule by it's very nature is a bit subjective. Violations are almost entirely handled by issuing a polite warning. Mutes may be issued if said warning is ignored.

Other guidelines:
If you break a rule and get called out on it simply apologize and stop breaking the rules. This will save you from moderation an overwhelming majority of the time. Do not double down. Do not try to lawyer.

Do not accuse the person calling you out of pretending to be a moderator. Any channel user that sees someone breaking the rules is allowed to call them out on it.

Don't try to get cute about rule 1. Using weasel words like "tip", "donations", etc to pretend you are not flagrantly violating rule 1 all but ensures that the channel moderators will forgo any kind of warning.​​

THREE YEARS and TWELVE-AND-A-HALF THOUSAND players later, NoP Public Service is still going strong. There are usually people in there ready to help with whatever questions you have, too.

Comments

• alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Three years already? Also I guess I need to update my sig link to this new thread.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Congrats on Three years Nabreeki. I have have used your channel before myself and Nova Elite is also one of the smaller fleets that gives out base and holding invites, through the channel. I for one look forward to another three years!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Three years...damn I'm getting old...Congrats on the channel :smiley:
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Congrats on the 3 mark. :)

Here is to many more to come! ;)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Congrats!, my fleet is 5 years old and going strong!!, its only my son and i, but we are strong!! :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    So, is there a relation between nerds of prey and starfleet dental?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    yes - NoP is the kdf version of dental​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    Yup, kudos to NOP for offering an invaluable, irreplaceable public service. I use and chat on NOP almost everytime I'm on. I also try to give back some love by doing fleet base invites every so often and occasional nandi invites. It's like zone chat without the crazies :D.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    It's like zone chat without the crazies :D.

So, not like zone chat at all. It is the crazies that make zone chat so......uh....special.

On topic, congrats on 3 years of valuable service.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Conga Rats on three years of ruining the greed of certain fleets and making fleet equipment available for free to everyone.

hqdefault.jpg
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Old-STO-farts, geez.
    Just kiddin', keep going, here's onto another 3, amirite? :3
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Old-STO-farts, geez.
    Just kiddin', keep going, here's onto another 3, amirite? :3

We can but hope.

I always said it in the previous thread but what makes the channel so successful are all the people who contribute, be it offering their fleet holdings and freighters or simply answering questions and giving advice. It really is a great community and wonderful to see how willing people are to help each other out.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Congratulations!!!
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Wow, three years. Nice work.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Congratulations! :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Whatever can be said about Dental, this NoP service of theirs has always been extremely generous and helpful to many, myself included, with no strings attached!

Thank you for this great community service, and gratz on the anniversary!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Many labels have been applied to NoP, Dental etc during the time I have been playing STO such as annoying, crackpots etc. but I have to say that any experiences I have had in game with these guys has been good - much maligned in some quarters you may be but a more generous or helpful bunch of folks is rarely encountered in any online game. Here's to many more years of your community spirit.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Congratz, people! Never used NoP_PS myself, but I know more than a few who have. The contact I've had with various members of the SFD/NoP fleets over the years has always been very positive and full of good energy. Your actions speak far louder than some other's words can ever do.

Well done, Nerds! Well done, indeed! I sincerely hope your channel will be active and strong right up to the minute this game finally goes dark for the final time.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    Wow, three years. Nice work.

Were you around before then? Dark times for people who wanted fleet gear but weren't in a completed fleet, where people would charge millions of EC just for invites to holdings despite it costing the inviting fleet absolutely nothing when people bought from their stores.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    NoP_PS is objectively a great thing.