test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are the strangest foundry reviews you've gotten?

zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
Just a thought that came to my mind. I found one .that says "To much story in this story"

Personally I didn't start foundry writing to make more grinding missions, for people to sit at and fire at a ship facing away from them that has no shields.... I keep accidentally finding these, and its getting annoying!
Why do I still play and put money into STO?
The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I had one once where a guy tried to educate me on the real-world properties of dark matter. It's a theoretical substance!!! It has never actually been directly observed. People have yet to find any evidence it actually exists aside from math...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I had a 1-star complaining about how I balanced space combat against assimilated Romulans in the finale. Neither the Borg or the Romulan species appear anywhere in that mission.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • captpfdenniscaptpfdennis Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    I had one that simply said "I prefer Romulans". The mission had nothing to do with Romulans, and said as much in the description. I'm sure if I scoured the reviews I could find stranger.
    25971704528_706d57fcf0_n.jpg
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I had someone give me a 5 star rating and a message saying "Great ideas, but too much story (EDIT: Text)" or something along those lines on a blank test map that was under review.

Strange, Strange people.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    Nothing worst than the fact that nearly half of my reviews are "english please" or "I cant underestend a word" on my spanish missions, I deside to remove them all after getting like 20 or 30 of thouse.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I got 'Strange Story" for my only Foundry Mission but that was a 4 star rating too. lol
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I once had someone give me a low-star review for one of my In the Shadow of MIDAS missions and told me he would raise it once I got the third part out.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Nothing worst than the fact that nearly half of my reviews are "english please" or "I cant underestend a word" on my spanish missions, I deside to remove them all after getting like 20 or 30 of thouse.

I once got a two star "Sorry I don't speak english."

I don't understand exactly how you could get so far as accepting the mission after the intro page without recognizing the language it's written for...unless of course players simply don't read what we write...in which case why would this be an issue? :tongue:
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    'this mission sux' - 5 star

'Brilliant story. Love your maps' - 1 star
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    I had a guy ask me why there were so few roads on one of my maps in "Bait and Switch" (the Bajoran village). I PM'd him to explain that I can't edit the topography of the basic map.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • agarwaencranmalk#7586 agarwaencranmalk Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Re-made of the Cryptic Borg-Q mission whish they deleted:
    one star - "I hate Q". Why did you play it in the first place?

And, of course, the first review for the guy who made the 470 pages german guide:
    "Du bist shaizze"
    "shaizze" is a very strange way to write the german wort for "sh*t" - "scheiße"