test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two years ago today, DR hit.

voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
edited October 2016 in PvP Gameplay
And in an entire year, the thread I made last October 14th only moved back two and a half pages on this subforum.

Last year's consensus, more or less, was that Delta Rising was the final nail in the coffin for active PvP. There were many, many nails before but that one really put it rest. And since today is such a memorable, dark day in the tragic history of STO PvP, and the day Vanilla PvP effectively died, I thought I'd recap the positive changes Cryptic has made for PvP since this time last year:

1. [Error 404]

I'm honestly not aware of any - I've been away for a long while, so maybe someone could enlighten me. Since October last year, though, the PvP queues have still been dead. I would bet money that you could count on your hand the number of pug match queues that have actually launched in the last year. The powercreep and cheese march on to the usual tune as far as I'm aware, to be expected at this point. I would sum up the past 366 days for PvP as such: PvP died long ago, the coffin was buried, and now the graveyard has been paved over for a landfill.

Happy 14th, and remember: Delta Rising is the best expansion ever, and the players love it.
I ask nothing but that you remember me.

Comments

• wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    not much i could tell u, as i'm not really playin more either. but once in 2 months or what i hop to kerrat, a stf or even a pvp queue, if there is one.
    it's like it is from what i see lol. broken into oblivion. with some to stay and enjoying this or that shaped out epic-super-spit-boat in all the flavours there are by now (don't ask me to name em all lol). i won't name these builds in the image u set, cause that really not would be appropiate in any way rofl :x.
    f.e. i can remember a lil episode, comin to kerrat and through chat goes:"look, a feddie without zahl trait". guess what happened next :D...
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    nandospc wrote: »
    :/ <= this summarizes everything

:s <--- or this one
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Temporal ships and abilities, along with Physical Damage and All Damage debuffs, continue to bury PvP deeper into the catacombs.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • sadwasp#1751 sadwasp Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    There are rumors that far below the catacombs ... there exist a magical place of Low Tier PVP ... -- where with a single character slot players could play Lt. level PVP fore ever and ever ... , free of cheese , free of Dps !!!

... sadly that too is lost in the mists of time ...
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    voporak wrote: »
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever, and the players love it.
    It's been fun while it lasted.

Shout out to all those who were here when BOPs were OP, we defeated chroniton mine spam, and finally worked up boot camp to try to rescue the sunken ship.
    Hope you are having fun wherever it is that you pew-pew.

See ya all on snix day! LLAP