test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen Chael Boalg Warship Stats! [PC]

2»

Comments

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    crosis2014 wrote: »
    So the specs are published incorrect. it is Commander Tactical, Lt Commander Tactical, Lt Cdr Science/Intel, Lt Engineering and Ensign Universal. I would have most definitely preferred the Temporal Seating.

Well damn, there go my plans...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • aquaelf#4075 aquaelf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    x48rph wrote: »
    That's not cool. People spent lobi to get this ship sooner based on the original info in the blog that said it had a LtC universal slot and a sci/temporal slot, not a ltC tac and sci/intel. And if that's not bad enough, you don't even admit you made a mistake, you just go back and edit the blog like no one would notice. And it's still wrong cause it still says LtC universal and it's not, its a tac seat.

So..this is listed at the bottom of the Warships stats page from arc..

"NOTE: The above stats and systems are subject to change..."

It always says subject to change but they should announce that it changed and/or they made a mistake in the original post, not just silently edit the blog after the ship was released and not bother saying anything.
  • omnius0001omnius0001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yeah, the stealth change bites a little but, the lack of clarification on whether or not this is an account unlock or not is a bit more concerning. You would think a simple comment or clarification on the issue would be easy.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    Perhaps the new community manager could please find out what the correct stats are, if/why they were changed and is it account unlocked?

Thank you.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If it was not an Account Unlock they would have said so. They stated in the past that these Event Ships were Account Unlocks from that day forward. Stop the churning for no reason.

Think about it, if it was just going to be a Character Unlock they would have said so, so that all Characters that wanted it could grind for it. IT IS AN ACCOUNT UNLOCK PERIOD.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    x48rph wrote: »
    That's not cool. People spent lobi to get this ship sooner based on the original info in the blog that said it had a LtC universal slot and a sci/temporal slot, not a ltC tac and sci/intel. And if that's not bad enough, you don't even admit you made a mistake, you just go back and edit the blog like no one would notice. And it's still wrong cause it still says LtC universal and it's not, its a tac seat.

The wrong stats blog is on Cryptic and is a major error, but the "I spent Lobi to get something earlier than others" is on you and you alone.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    So, Cryptic stealth changes strike again!

Seriously, why??? The ship doesn't even match the stealth changes in game, either...

Was so excited for this ship, too.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Quick update:

You're correct that the ship's stats are not quite right in game.

In Game:
    · Lieutenant Commander Tactical
    · Commander Tactical
    · Lieutenant Engineering
    · Lieutenant Commander Science/Intel
    · Ensign Universal

But it should be:
    · Commander Tactical
    · Lieutenant Engineering
    · Ensign Universal
    · Lieutenant Commander Universal

We're working on a fix.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Kael, I don't mean this as a complaint, but rather as constructive criticism.

It may be best in the future to do one of these two for easier communication:

1) List only the change(s).
    2) Put the 2 lists in similar order so the changes are easier to spot. For example:

In Game:
    · Commander Tactical
    · Lieutenant Engineering
    · Ensign Universal

Correct layout:
    · Commander Tactical
    · Lieutenant Engineering
    · Ensign Universal

That way, we can see the change(s) a lot more easily than having to re-arrange *and* analyze at the same time.

Thanks for the update!
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Quick update:

In Game:
    · Commander Tactical
    · Lieutenant Engineering
    · Ensign Universal

But it should be:
    · Commander Tactical
    · Lieutenant Engineering
    · Ensign Universal

We're working on a fix.

Thanks for an update. :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Quick update:

In Game:
    · Commander Tactical
    · Lieutenant Engineering
    · Ensign Universal

But it should be:
    · Commander Tactical
    · Lieutenant Engineering
    · Ensign Universal

We're working on a fix.

Interesting... the Boff layout makes the ship a viable option for both my engineering and tactical captains on my secondary F2P only account... if necessary...

I still plan on using the free T5 ships I got at level 40 to complete all the missions and play the advanced STFs.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Quick update:

In Game:
    · Commander Tactical
    · Lieutenant Engineering
    · Ensign Universal

But it should be:
    · Commander Tactical
    · Lieutenant Engineering
    · Ensign Universal

We're working on a fix.

And Kael saves the day for another ship after the Naj'sov! And while I'd have nothing against the originally announced Temporal operative spec, this updated layout with Intel spec (and most importantly Lt.Comm. Universal) suits me best.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    Quick update:

SNIP

We're working on a fix.

Thank you sir.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • devron7devron7 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Irritatingly disappointing. I was really hoping for the ship Cryptic had clearly originally intended it to be but for some oddball reason decided to change... Temporal Operative.
    edited December 2016
    devron7 wrote: »
    Irritatingly disappointing. I was really hoping for the ship Cryptic had clearly originally intended it to be but for some oddball reason decided to change... Temporal Operative.

Note to self, stop supporting this kind of behavior by spending money on this game.

• roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Note to self, stop supporting this kind of behavior by spending money on this game.

Or just use your brain. Why would a Breen ship have Temporal seating when all other T6 Breen ships have been Intel seats?

The Blog Post also said the stats are subject to change, so the issue is solely on you.

Also, isn't it in Ferengi nature to rip-off your customers as royally as possible while taking as much of their Latinum? One day you will get a bad deal when Karma asserts itself.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
    edited December 2016

Or just use your brain. Why would a Breen ship have Temporal seating when all other T6 Breen ships have been Intel seats?

The Blog Post also said the stats are subject to change, so the issue is solely on you.

Also, isn't it in Ferengi nature to rip-off your customers as royally as possible while taking as much of their Latinum? One day you will get a bad deal when Karma asserts itself.

tbt.gif
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2016

tbt.gif

I can't get over how much I love that gif.

And from Shinzon at that. If only he'd gotten to say that in Nemesis.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2016

tbt.gif

It kind of is, but it's also not wrong. Remember the Breen stance on timey-wimey shenanigans is not exactly favorable... at least as far as the interactions in "Time and Tide" indicate. It makes sense that the Breen would be more inclined to using pretty much any of the other Specializations before resorting to such (in their viewpoint) dishonorable tactics.

While Temporal is the newest of the shinies, the layout @ambassadorkael#6946 described makes way more sense as an evolution of the Chel Grett.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Chael, Chell, or Chel? Wasn't Chel Boalg a teenage heart throb from the late 50s and early 60s? :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I would've preferred a tactical based T6 ship to have 5 tactical console slots rather than just 4.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    risian4 wrote: »
    Would have preferred something different this year... looks like we'll be seeing Breen ships for the next couple of years then and nothing Andorian :/

The ship has a nice skin though, I'll admit that.
    Well to be fair Andorian ships were already available as a c-store purchase, that's probably why there won't be any free Andorian ships for an event, so we are probably more likely to see T6 Androian ships in the c-store at some point in the future rather than as a free event ship.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    I got the Chell Boalg a few Days ago. Its good but in my opinion, its not as good as the Nandi. I know that thes usually change much when they "upgrade" a T5 ship to a T6 version but in this case 5 Tactical, 4 Science and 2 Engineering consoles would have been better. If you have the Nandi, there is no reason to switch to the Breen Cruiser