test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• "You've got one too..." Lyras said slowly, eyeing Commander Scott. "So you're a temporal agent?" she paused, "...Huh, so that was what you were trying to tell me earlier." The Vulcan sighed with relief internally. Finally, someone she could talk about all of this with! "Yeah, I just arrived here from the 23rd century. Apparently, I'm supposed to be dead there. Everything here is so... different."

She paused again, fingering her distress beacon. "I figured we could get reinforcements with this. I mean, I seriously doubt this was supposed to happen. There seem to be higher powers at work here, although I couldn't tell you what they are. No doubt this could very well result in a negative impact on the timeline if we were to all, well, die... especially that Krystal woman they were talking about earlier..." The Vulcan trailed off.
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Captain Nat sighed. "And what of my universe? They're already in a state of total chaos. They need saving."

"Yeah, I'm temporal, as is Admiral Nat, and technically Sarah, along with a few other members of our crew..."
    Scott sighed. "You've already activated the beacon, so people will show up soon enough."

The unknown origin U.S.S. Chronostorm, a Wells temporal science vessel with a darker, Aeon style hull material, warped in and hailed the U.S.S. Sally.

4 of 7 noticed the hail incoming from an engineering console that had been set up for emergency ship control, and turned to Admiral Nat. "Sirs, we're being hailed."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    "Again... what would you have me do Captain?" Krystal asked. "The Armada is too big to just pack up and move the entire thing. And... frankly... I... I can't trust anyone with that amount of power. Its too much of a temptation to just go and carve up the Galaxy into one's own personal empire like D'ren tried to do."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Elric sat up and clutched his head in pain. "I feel like I just was hit by a Delta Class Shuttle."

The hand-sized Crystal Spinner-looking android spider, Zeta, sparked momentarily and then popped up to his feet. *Click! Cccckkkkllick!?* Three of his legs were malfunctioning as he wandered, confused, a few steps to the right and bumped into Elric.

The Captain then picked up the spider and placed it on his own arm so it could regenerate and run self diagnostics. "Anyone have an ice pack or a bag of frozen vegetables?"
    "It'd take a little while to prepare for such a move, but it'd be worth it in the end." Captain Nat replied. "I can wait."

11 of 14 sighed and walked over to Zeta specifically. "Your welcome, by the way."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

Krystal sighed and leaned against a bulkhead, calming down enough to stop glowing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Captain Nat sighed. "Well, guess there's no sense in staying here. I'll teleport us back by ESD, and we can put you somewhere safe where everyone else can't try to kidnap you... what about spacedock?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal sighed and shrugged.
    "How should I know? I've never been in a situation like this before," she said.
    "Well, maybe I can put up a probability thing that prevents people from reaching you," the captain replied, shrugging.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"I guess we'll figure it out as we go," Krystal said, shrugging as well.
    Mirror Sarah, the Undine, etc. stood around, unsure of what to do. Captain Nat deadpanned. "Get off this ship."

He snapped his fingers, and the various intruders were returned to their ships, and their ships returned to their space.
    The Sally appeared outside ESD in a white flash, and the captain turned to the admiral. "We're back at ESD, and the intruders are back where they belong. Oh, and I think I can change probability so no one can kidnap Krystal or anything, but give me time on that one, I'm still figuring out how these powers work..."

Admiral Nat turned and looked at Sarah, motioning to 8 of 14. Have her tested for being an Undine or Changeling or alternate counterpart or anything, just in case."

Burt raised a hand. "Um... what did you do with the Chronostorm?"

Captain Nat went blank for a moment. "Oops..."

Starbase 144, Mirror Universe

The Chronostorm, piloted by Mirror Data, arrived at Mirror Sarah's headquarters, Starbase 144, and docked within the base's powerful anti-Q field. The vessel was immediately boarded by mirror Sarah's androids and, evidently, couldn't be rescued now.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• shadowslasher410#3475 shadowslasher410 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Lyras looked around. One moment, she was talking with Commander Scott, and the next she was at Earth Spacedock, alone in what looked like a cross between a cargo bay and a storage closet. Why am I here, of all places? She shook her head, frowning.

Well, at least that confirms my theory of higher powers at work. She checked her temporal distress beacon - it had been deactivated. I guess that's that, then. Normally, she would have tried to pry further, but if there were powerful players running around who could teleport people with the blink of an eye and no transporter... well, Lyras figured she couldn't really do much about it, anyway.

I should fill the rest of the crew in on what's happened... Even though I don't exactly know most of it... But I'm guessing that me ending up here means that it all got worked out somehow. She tapped her combadge, contacting her first officer, Commander Lissan, and filling her in on what had occurred. Once she had ended the exchange, Lyras let out a sigh and languidly brushed her hair back behind her ears, her hands passing over the pointed tips.

Idly, she wondered what Vulcan was like in the 25th century. How much had changed since she had last been there, over 150 years ago? Although, since they're Vulcans, I should probably be asking how little has changed... she snorted internally.

...My family is surely dead by now, though... her mood darkened. After all we'd been through together, to have died without me there... Lyras shut her eyes, trying to keep her distress from affecting her too much.

Taking a deep breath, she tried her best to calm down. Maybe I should go meditate... She thought, then dismissed the idea. I haven't meditated since... since my first pon farr. She shuddered involuntarily, remembering.

Sitting down on one of the crates in the middle of the room, the Vulcan set the inactive temporal distress beacon down beside her and clutched her knees.

"Well now, I finally found you." A familiar baritone voice wormed its way through her mind. Lyras froze. That voice... But how...? She whipped her head around, looking for the source. However, nothing but the crate-filled room greeted her sight; she was alone. As if in response, she heard the voice chuckle, followed by a shooting pain in her head, which soon spread throughout her body. Fighting against the pain, she was dimly aware of her surroundings changing before her body surrendered and she spiraled into blackness.
    Post edited by shadowslasher410#3475 on
    edited December 2016
    Earth Spacedock - Operations

Elric entered the busy area where Engineering had just finished replacing the large window. He approached Commander Batou, who was looking upon his work in satisfaction.

"Just think, if that hadn't happened, you wouldn't be feeling a sense of achievement," Elric suggested.

Batou furrowed his brow. "That isn't worth all the damage you people do to Spacedock on a regular basis. The Undine, the Mirror Borg, what's next??"

"What the?" Elric then was given a report from Ensign Otis. "It says that Q is sitting in a giant chair in the Main Concourse."

The Engineer cringed before walking away. "Ugh! Will it never end? He appears far too often within a single year promoting his Winter Wonderland. I'm going to extract more Borg components."
    Post edited by hawku001x on
    Admiral Nat and Captain Nat beamed down. The admiral turned to the captain. "Oh, look, Q. Maybe it's your fault he showed up early again."
    Captain Nat shrugged. "Didn't he always show up several times every year? Is your universe that different?"
    Admiral Nat shook his head. "Guess not."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal, who had beamed down with the Nats, brushed passed them and made her way to the cafeteria without saying a word.
    Admiral Nat went to say something, almost as though offended, but Sarah, who had just materialized, stopped him. "We could all use a vacation. Go visit Q's Winter Wonderland or something, I'm sure we can manage things here."

Captain Nat sighed. "...and probably have a talk about these new Q powers of mine. Got it."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal got herself a drink and just found a table looking out into space that was as far away from everyone as possible and claimed it for herself.
    edited December 2016
    Science Lab 34

Elric entered the Science Lab to find several officers working on separate projects and Claire working on her own. She had a stone tablet under a scanner on a table.

"Your Starfleet escort is gone?" the Captain said in mild shock.

Claire chuckled to herself. "Guess he suffered from information overload. I may have inundated him with enough of it to drive him away."

"Speaking of which, where'd the Caitians get a tablet like that anyway?"

She tapped a few buttons on the device, continuing her work. "Trade upon trade upon trade, and from there, who knows. After this data is extrapolated, it may confirm that it is the same material and date as the medallions and your ancient box. You interested in me?"

"What?" Elric said, caught off guard. He wasn't sure how to answer that.

Claire smirked. "Yeah; you interested in my work here? I may have been willing to steal, but it doesn't mean I'm not looking at all of this professionally."

"Oh," Elric replied, completely bewildered. Then, to her, he said, "Uh, typically theft is averse to professionalism. Is your father what LuKet named as this Fury?"

She laughed. "Oh, yeah. He's not the kind you want to mess with, apparently. Though, I used to know him as a different man. Guess he played me and everyone for a fool. Don't ask me how to reach him, though. I have no idea where he is."

"If you're in danger, it's best you stay out of the way of the brainwashed Caitians."

Claire rolled her eyes. "I can handle myself, thank you. Unlike you, who loses his arm and his mentor in one night. You haven't taken the time to visit your old Professor Raven, have you? Well, anyway, these scans are going to take a while. Want to take a break?"

"After you," Elric said, gesturing to the door.
    Nat and Nat walked over to Q and disappeared in a white flash. Sarah sighed to herself and headed for the cafeteria.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal was still sitting by herself looking out over Earth.
  • shadowslasher410#3475 shadowslasher410 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    U.S.S. Eterna

Lissan heaved a sighed, her antennae drooping slightly. On the table before her were numerous stacks of PADDs, all of them authorizing the enlistment or transfer of personnel to the Eterna. As first officer, one of her duties was overseeing the transfer or enlistment of personnel. Normally, that wouldn't be much of a problem, but the destruction of the Centuria and their journey through time left her with hundreds of positions to fill.

"Commaaaander!" A low, cheerful voice echoed through the room she was in.

"What is it, Hizrah?" Lissan sighed. She had enough work to do without the Tellarite bothering her.

"Have you seen this new ship?!" Hizrah nearly bounced through the door, beaming widely, "They've got bars on these things!"

"Hizrah... You know that I can't "see" anything. I'm blind." Lissan grinned a little despite herself.

"Well, of course!" the Tellarite replied, clapping her on the shoulder jovially, "You're an Aenar!"

"Oh, and you are aware that the bar only serves synthehol, right?" Lissan said, her ice blue eyes dancing with mirth.

"Synthehol?" Hizrah stared at her, uncomprehending.

"Yup. Apparently, it's got all the flavor and texture of alcohol, but you can't get drunk off of it." She grinned, wishing she could see the look on the Tellarite's face.

"WHAT?! THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!!" he boomed, "What's the point of having a bar if you can't get drunk at it?!"

Lissan just snickered, handing him a PADD, "While you're here, you might as well make yourself useful. The tactile interface on this one isn't working. Think you could repair it?"

"I'm the Chief Engineer, not a PADD technician!" Hizrah scoffed playfully, "But I'll do it. Only for you, though!" He winked, chuckling lightheartedly.

"By the way, have you seen our Chief Medical Officer anywhere lately? I need him to sign these." She gestured to a stack of PADDs to her right.

"Edwards? Last I saw Johnathan, he was drooling over sickbay like it was some pretty dame." Hizrah grinned. "But yeah, I'll go tell him. Anything else you want while I'm at it, Commander?"

"No, I'm fine. I have to finish up the rest of these for the Captain by the end of the day." She held up a stack of PADDs.

"I've said it once and I'll say it again - you work too hard, Commander." Hizrah said, turning for the exit.

"I know." Lissan replied, "And Hizrah?"

"Yes?" He turned back to face Lissan.

"Thanks for the help." the Aenar smiled.

"Anytime, Commander." Hizrah grinned, turning and exiting the room.
    Sarah sat down at a table near Krystal's, and quietly looked out the window, noticing the Mephiles outside. She figured the ship would've gone back to whatever spacedock they stored the ship at before, but apparently not. That, or the admiral was transferring all his crew back to the ship to prepare for some new mission. She didn't know.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal noticed Sarah nearby and waved her over.
    Sarah walked over and sat down. "What's up?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Need a friend," Krystal said as she took a drink.
    "Makes sense" Sarah replied. "Personally, I'm just dodging all the chaos the admiral decided to put us all through now."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal took a drink.
    "Should probably be talking to a counselor, but... don't have one," she said. "What that Betazoid did to me... I... it was deeply personal and... I honestly don't know how someone can recover from that."
    "Me neither. I still don't know what to think of my time on the Zipporah..." Sarah replied, sighing. "Lucky to get away."

Sarah noticed a waiter around, and waved him over. "Do you make homemade pizzas by any chance? You know, not the replicated stuff. It's not that great."

The waiter nodded, and handed Sarah a padd with a menu. Sarah looked over it, raising an eyebrow. "A lot of options here."

She noticed the Mephiles flying by outside. Or maybe it was just a standard Eclipse, she couldn't really tell unless she spotted a name on the hull, which was difficult, due to the darker color.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Lyras regained consciousness gradually, her mind still reeling. When she had organized her thoughts enough to look outside of herself, what she saw just confused her even more; a vast black nothing extended in all directions as far as she could see, like some sort of pitch-dark void. She tried to move, but her body remained immobile, as though choosing not to hear her brain’s frantic commands.

“Naughty girl,” that same familiar voice tsked disapprovingly, as though scolding an overeager puppy. “Just what were you thinking, gallivanting through time and space like that?” The Vulcan felt her cheek being caressed gently. “After all, you know you belong to me.”

“No…” she whispered, her voice trembling with fear and dread.

Lyras heard her captor chuckle, a cold, sinister sound. “Ah, but don’t you remember what I told you the last time I saw you?”

/*Flashback*/

She hung in midair, completely naked, suspended by her wrists and ankles. The manacles that entrapped her were translucent, “made of energy itself,” He had told her smugly. “Your energy.” She was in the center of the circular room, illuminated by a single, white light directly above her – the rest of the room was shrouded in darkness. Burns, contusions, and lacerations of every size and severity covered her body.

A figure stood in the shadow before her, though she knew his face well. For the moment, both Lyras and the figure were silent, a rarity for the Interrogation Room. The silence was interrupted by the sound of distant shouts and the thudding of many pairs of heavily-armored boots.

“It looks like it’s just about time for you to leave me.” the figure spoke, anger evident in his voice as he strode behind her. “But don’t worry, my dear. I will get back every single person they take from me today, including you.”

The noise grew louder- her rescuers were definitely nearby now. “And when I get you back, I will break you again and again until all that is left…” he leaned in close, whispering in her ear, “…is completely. Utterly. Mine.”

She craned her head as far as she could to try and face her captor, ignoring the excruciating pain the action caused. Nothing but darkness greeted her, he had vanished.

As if on cue, the bulky, fortified door opposite her slammed open with a heavy thud, and people began pouring in, the bright lights they carried blinding her.

After spending the first twenty years of her life in captivity, Lyras's rescue was finally here.

/*End Flashback*/
    "I didn't," Krystal said in a haunted tone. "He was... and I blacked out. Next thing I know I'm in sickbay."

The Captain of the Lexington had a look of pain on her face, almost as if she was holding back tears. Right now she wasn't an officer. She was damaged goods.