test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many dilithium can you can trade to get enough zen to buy lifetime membership on console?

Can you tell me how to get that?

Comments

• nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    You can trade unlimited dilithium in total, but there is a per posted-transaction limit. Exchange tells you what that is.

But I am guessing you did not mean to ask your question that way. If you want to know how much dilithium it takes, you need to find the current rate then do the math yourself.

(current dilithium cost of one zen) x (# of zen required to buy item) = total dilithium cost
  • nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    [No need for these jabs, is there? - modded]
    Let's say a LTS is 20,000 Zen and the current exchange rate is 300 Dilithium per Zen, you would need 6,000,000 Dilithium, go use this simple equation example and figure it out yourself.
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Well, more dilth than you can imagine!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    Well, more dilth than you can imagine!
    I dunno, I can imagine quite a bit.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Uh I thought Lifetime Membership and special packs was cash only basically...no? Meaning Zen is no good.

At least last Temperal Ship pack was like that. Pretty sure Lifetime Sub works the same way...don't think you can "grind" it.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    This is consoles, they get no dil stipend but get LTS cheaper and can buy it with zen.
  • trekbronytrekbrony Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I got an idea, what if you buy half of the zen needed to pay for the Lifetime membership? How much dilithium would be needed for the rest of the zen?
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    trekbrony wrote: »
    I got an idea, what if you buy half of the zen needed to pay for the Lifetime membership? How much dilithium would be needed for the rest of the zen?

As posted by @nccmark above:

(current dilithium cost of one zen) x (# of zen required to buy item) = total dilithium cost

Then just divide the result by two to get the answer to this particular question.
    edited December 2016
    Currently the Lifetime Membership cost 25000 zen online and in real money cost $300. So if I divided the $300 by 2, I would get $150. How much would that leave me with turning dilithium into zen.
  • nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Currently the Lifetime Membership cost 25000 zen online and in real money cost $300. So if I divided the $300 by 2, I would get $150. How much would that leave me with turning dilithium into zen.

DUDE! Us on PC can't tell you, because it's likely that your exchange prices are different! If your current exchange price were 200 dilithium and you wanted to buy Zen with Dilithium that you earn in game and you need 25,000 Zen that would cost you 5,000,000 Dilithium. A neat little trick, go to the Dilithium exchange, and put in how much Zen you would like to buy, it will tell you how much Dilithium you need....

But here, I'll go based off current PC exchange prices. 401 Dilithium per Zen is the current price. So if you want 25,000 Zen you multiply 401 by 25,000 to get your answer, equals 10,025,000 Dilithium. If you spent $150 real cash, assuming you get the same zen per dollar as PC, which I don't see why you wouldn't, you would get 16,300 Zen leaving you with (that would be 25,000 -(minus) 16,300) 8700 to go. At current PC exchange prices (401 Dil per Zen) you would need 3,488,700 Dilithium.... learn to use a calculator man!

[Unnecessary namecalling/jabs modded out]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2016

How many times does this question have to be answered for you?

The Membership is 25000 Zen.

You're going to buy half with cash meaning you will need 12,500 Zen from Dilithum.

Open your Zen Exchange on the console and see how much dilithium it takes to get 1 Zen.

Multiply the Dilithium number times 12,500. That's how much Dilithum you need.

If that's REALLY too hard for you, then post and tell us the current price to buy 1 Zen with Dilithum and we can spoon feed you the answer.

It's just basic math my friend.
    Can you even buy an LTS with zen?

On PC, No.

On Console, Yes.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Dude, I gave you A VERY EASY FORMULA and you still come back (twice!) asking others to figure it out for you.

No way.

You know everything that you need to know...calculate it yourself.
    edited December 2016
    I found out i would 325500 dilithium.
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User

Just spend the money... The time it's going to take you to grind 325500 dilithium, at a few hundred dilithium per mission, it's not worth the effort it will take, and the time away from playing the storyline missions... Seriously, just save yourself the time, and use cash-money... If you haven't got that spare, wait until you do, but don't waste time/dilithium on a subscription, when you Will Need that dilithium for the tokens to upgrade your gear, because even with a subscription, you are still going to have to upgrade your gear as you pass through the game... Think and play smarter...
    edited December 2016

At 8k refined per day, that's roughly 40 days worth of Dilithum.

That's actually not too bad, especially if you just play the game daily anyway. If that's the case, just play the game and have fun and 4-5 weeks you'll have the Dilithium you need.

325,500 Dilithium honestly is a drop in the bucket, if you use mulitple characters you can get that in a couple weeks or even less.
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User

Actually at 420-ish dilithium per zen that isn't quite right. It's a ;little more like 10.5 million dilithium. Contraband limits being what they are, even with 50 toons that is a lot of daily grind.

At an extimated 160k a day production across an entire account that should take at least 9-10 weeks, and that is assuming you can optimize your time, and still take care of real life. My three day peak is just under 500k and then two things happen. I have no more contraband, and real life starts to go to hades.

If you go with 8k a day it will take you 20 times longer but it is much more sustainable. So four to five years. ;)

See if your mileage varies. :)

Qapla'!
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the OP is way off in his math. If he's trying to get 12,500 Zen then 325,500 Dilithium would mean it's about 26 Dilithium per Zen which we all know it's not.

I'm not sure why he's making this so hard, maybe best if he just posts the current exchange rate on the console.
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the OP is way off in his math. If he's trying to get 12,500 Zen then 325,500 Dilithium would mean it's about 26 Dilithium per Zen which we all know it's not.

I'm not sure why he's making this so hard, maybe best if he just posts the current exchange rate on the console.

I think his best investment of time and energy would be to shovel some extra snow, and mow some extra lawns and pay cash. Then the OP could use the gains from all that grinding to pad the game as they go.

Grinding for ZEN is really only good for justifying that your pastime costs you 'nothing', and we all know (or should) that it actually costs time, which equals money, which means there are better ways to expend it than grinding. That is to say, better ways to make money, to spend in the game. :)

However, one of my rules for myself has been to use as little real cash as possible. The same reason I seldom drink and when I do, it is a half a glass. You can't get into to much trouble that way. The exception is a lifetime membership, which you only need to buy once, and which on PC will pay you back over time. Not much of a money pit there, and so I figure anyone should be able to let themselves do that.

Qapla'!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    like the man said depends on the exchange rate.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Especially since the exchange rate dropped