What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I want the Voth Dread

How much Dil do I need?

Comments

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    That's not how it works. You can't buy a specific prize directly with dilithium.

Dilithium is used to buy one pack, and then when you open the pack you see what you get. It is random. You may need to open many many many packs to get what you want, OR, you may get it on the first try.
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    nccmark wrote: »
    That's not how it works. You can't buy a specific prize directly with dilithium.

Dilithium is used to buy one pack, and then when you open the pack you see what you get. It is random. You may need to open many many many packs to get what you want, OR, you may get it on the first try.

I understand that. Put another way, how much would I need for a 88% chance at one?

• Options
    lordofhatslordofhats Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    50 or so packs should generate a enough tokens to get the basic stuff from the Uncommon, Rare, and Very rare lists.

Anything past that isn't worth it.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    I haven't seen anyone post stats yet, so my recommendation is to visit tribble and open packs there until you get five. Then you will have an approximate idea what one will cost live as 1/5 the cost.

You want a few to iron out the randomness. 88% for a second tier reward doesn't need the huge sample size of 99% for a grand prize.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    YOU WILL PAY TRIBUTE TO THE RNG GODS, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!
  • Options
    I got a very rare from my free box.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Mmmh, yes, you want the Bul(l) pig-15.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    Another question; how much dil do I need to spend to get these Romulans to leave me alone?
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    farshore wrote: »

I understand that. Put another way, how much would I need for a 88% chance at one?
    About 500 boxes x 4500 dil or 50 x 10 bundles x 40000 dil, since that's at this point I got an ultra-rare token.

Of course, that means nothing since it's random, but just telling you what you can expect.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    [quote="farshore;13118573"]Another question; how much dil do I need to spend to get these Romulans to leave me alone?[/quote]

Romulans are emotional, the best thing is to point them at either vulcans or Iconian heralds and then get out of the way. Hopefully they will either die or forget about you.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Mmmh, yes, you want the Bul(l) pig-15.gif​​
    eyebrow-012.jpg
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    farshore wrote: »

About 500 boxes x 4500 dil or 50 x 10 bundles x 40000 dil, since that's at this point I got an ultra-rare token.

Of course, that means nothing since it's random, but just telling you what you can expect.

That's probably better than when the Voth Dread was current. Back then it was like, what, 100 dil for 1 zen? The dread was a duty officer pack? 5 boxes for 1000 zen? You could probably get a voth dread for over a billion ISK right now, correct? Add the extra I'll get trying to get it, and it's like, maybe 100 million for a Voth dread? Real bargain if you ask me.
  • Options
    @artan42 Yeah I got a bit too much
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    @artan42 Yeah I got a bit too much

Sounds like you got it al.....

Na, I'm not finishing that :#
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Yeah, this is a much better option than hunting someone down who has the voth dread. 3 million dil for a good chance and a bunch of other stuff? I'll play ball.
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    Sounds like you got it al.....

Na, I'm not finishing that :#

I have no idea what you're on about pig-37.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Watch cryptic go and release a T6 Bulwark now to really troll players. All those who burned millions of ec to get the old version are suddenly blinded by the red mist of nerd rage!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    What druk said. There is really no loss, in fact converting for what an upgrade would normally cost, you're ahead especially if you are investing in 10 stacks @40k. One could even say these upgrades are closely on par with omegas because the investment to get them is far less.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I saw some videos and posts andhe probability for an ultra-rare prize token to drop always seems to be around 1%. Which seems fairly consistent with what others have claimed here.

That being said if you want a Bulwark Dreadnought it will definitely be much less expensive to get one from a Phoenix pack than to buy one from another player for 1.6 billion EC.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yes, well, don't we all.

Though even more than the ship itself I'd want to see the faces of the people who paid an arm and a leg for one in trade.
  • Options
    chewmagnachewmagna Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I know one person who got a gold after 150 boxes, and someone else who didn't get one until 950 boxes. I opened 70 myself and didn't get anything over very rare.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Even with the low drop rate the value of any prize you get is worth it I'd say. I've got a tonne of upgrades now which will do me well for a few months.
    I'd actually say if you spent a similar amount of zen on this to get a top prize ship to what a lockbox costs you'll probably be way better off with these boxes. I mean the average number needed for lockboxes to get the top prizes is about 240ish boxes, with this at least you'll get a shed load of upgrades and other goodies. And possibly get two or more prize ships if you're lucky.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Watch cryptic go and release a T6 Bulwark now to really troll players. All those who burned millions of ec to get the old version are suddenly blinded by the red mist of nerd rage!

If that happened steve id grab my uber sized bag of buttered popcorn a 44 oz pepsi maybe some milk duds , come on the forums and watch the fires of nerd rage burn :)
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    The free box gave up a rare. The 10 that I bought gave an epic, 2 VR, 2 rare and 5 uncommon.
  • Options
    altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Not done stats on UR and Epic, but VR drop rate seems to be somewhere around 12-15% (so far).

Best way to play the Phoenix game, is to only expect the upgrades. Everything else is bonus. An upgrade is the worst you can do out of this. Come next upgrade weekend, you'll have >100K tech point upgrades with normal rarity chance. Either boost with 2x research, or better, use Omega+2x research on low MK purple/UR items and get epic, then finish it off to XIV using Phoenix and maybe a 2x tech boost if needed.

Will certainly make rep-gear upgrades less painful.
    tnl3Zwx.png